The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

He is so magnanimous for offering crumbs when he has no leverage.

Trump now proposing a compromise:
...which he would conveniently forget about the second the final T was crossed in any agreement with the Democratic leadership. The man had two years to get his vanity wall financed.

Care to provide an example? Within the past year? Two years? Five years? You made an outlandish claim, please defend it.
Still waiting for a half dozen citation from you, so you might not want to throw stones in that particular direction.

Level, I'm not sifting through this entire thread to point out every one of your WhatAboutisms and deflections - I have other shit to do this week. We are still waiting for you to cite where the Democrats said they wanted a physical wall larger than what Trump wants, so how about we start there?

Level, we tend to call you on your BS when it happens and then you pull shit like this. You will either deflect, just ignore us, or call the thread a dumpster fire and disappear. So why should we have to convince you now?

Don't forget denying evidence if he doesnt like what it says.

You name is quite appropriate, since I've already posted that. Several times.

Good to know you can't provide any evidence to back up your BS, btw.
No, you've just stated it happened. You never showed the Democrats wanting a physical barrier and certainly not one that exceeded what Trump has demanded. We are still waiting for that.

Level, we tend to call you on your BS when it happens and then you pull shit like this. You will either deflect, just ignore us, or call the thread a dumpster fire and disappear.[...]
The more interresting Question here is - who is he even trying to convince otherwise? There are no new people here, the old ones like us know all that already and (if we don't encounter plot-convienent amnesia) remember all that. So putting on a show - for who?

Yeah, I read that bill. It is a massive overhaul and. as usual, you are lying about the details that are kind of important. The bill was not just for a border wall, that was actually a fairly small part at $1.5 billion for better border fencing in high-traffic areas. The bill was very specific about this. The rest of the border security was to be spent on sensors, and 40,000 new agents to patrol.

The bill was also opposed by the GOP.

You said that the Democrats wanted more border wall than Trump. That's a lie. I keep asking you to prove it and your own citation is against you.
You said that they wanted to spend more on border walls than Trump. Also a lie, they were going to appropriate about 20% of Trump's most optimistic (unrealistic) estimate to physical barriers.

So I'm still waiting for you to prove your point, but the personal attacks and trolling behavior are amusing mental gymnastics as you continue to take from Trump's playbook - shovel bullshit and lies faster than they can be disproved.

By the way, you should really look up the character Blind Io from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. While it's amusing to listen to you insult me for "denying facts" (I love irony as much as the next guy), you are kind of making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:
I mentioned the "Smart Fence" and you said that bill wasn't the smart fence. I now feel slightly better knowing I got you to admit I was right and you were wrong. /sarcasm

Okay, let's go with that.

The GOP still opposed the plan and they didn't fund Trump's 4th century boondoggle when they had the House, Senate, White House, AND the Supreme Court. But NOW Trump has a tantrum and shuts down the government? It's typical GOP bullshit, all they know is how to point fingers, when they are given a chance to actually implement their policies they don't.

Trump couldn't fund the wall through the GOP because he would piss off the budget Hawks and his base for not making Mexico pay for it. And don't start with that "indirect means" spin they've tried, he was on the phone with the President of Mexico literally begging for them to say they would fund his stupidity. If the plan was always "indirect means" then why have the call in the first place, it's a unilateral decision. So he needed the Democrats in the house so there was someone else to blame, and if he got a single cent out of them, he could claim a bipartisan victory and then blame the Democratic party for running up the deficit.

Speaking of the deficit. I called that the deficit would explode under his tarrif and tax scheme when they were announced.

Last edited:
They didn't say walls are immoral, they said it's a waste of resources and they don't work. Border security experts agree that the amount of barrier Trump wants is pointless and today we have better and more effective means to secure the border. Also, the threats of 2013 are not the same as the ones we face going forward from here. The political situation in South America wasn't the same 6 years ago, so we have to look at meeting the demand of the future. Trump is still stuck in the 4th century and wanting a monument he can stick his name on in gold leaf. His wall is nothing more than a symbol of xenophobia and isolationism - it won't change the immigration situation.

Edit: in other news of the Stupid: Remember when Trump pulled a Neville Chamberlain with North Korea? Yeah, not so much: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...d-north-korea-missile-site-says-there-n958801

Last edited: