The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Israel when they built their fences and Trump when he claimed terrorists were crossing the southern border and that only a wall like Israel's would stop them.

Interesting that you only decided to address that one point and not the climate change lie or the lie that Clinton deregulated the banks, or the green house gas emissions, or the fact that clean energy is the future and Trump's plan will put us behind on the next great economic revolution...

It's also important to note that China has done more to reduce their pollution levels than we have. In the same amount of time, I've watched the pool of shitty air in my city stay exactly the same, listening to the air quality report to see if I can go outside, while China met their 2020 CO2 goal 2 years early.
And yet you can chew air in Shanghai. You live in a bowl it’s not your emissions, it’s your geography. NYC has at minimum same emissions but our air gets recycled due to ocen winds

LA used to have worse air that Salt Lake, even with the ocean breeze; it's not nearly as bad as it once was. Utah has also fought every EPA regulation tooth and nail and consistently refused to address the problem.

The city might be in a basin, but if we can reduce the emissions into that basin we will be better off. Kind of like sitting in a bathtub when someone keeps peeing in it. The problem isn't the tub, is the piss.

Yes, let him outright lie about all the facts as long as we are still working. Where was that attitude when Obama was in office and things were going well?

And the Democrats did provide money for border security in the last budget that passed the House, and it was not good enough for Trump and the Republicans. So where is the compromise from them?

N.M. Governor Pulls National Guard From Border, Citing A 'Charade' At Federal Level

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has ordered the majority of National Guard troops deployed at her state's Southern border to withdraw, condemning what she called a "charade of border fear-mongering" by President Trump, who has warned of an immigration emergency in the region.

"I reject the federal contention that there exists an overwhelming national security crisis at the Southern border," Lujan Grisham said, adding that the area has "some of the safest communities in the country."

The governor's order covers most of New Mexico's deployed troops, along with Guard members who have traveled from Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In all, 118 National Guard troops have been deployed in New Mexico, the governor's office said.

Lujan Grisham ordered the withdrawal just before Trump delivered his State of the Union address, in which he railed against illegal immigration and labeled a group of mainly Central American migrants as "illegal immigrants" — despite the fact that most of them are traveling with legal humanitarian visas.

Hardly worth my time to prove you wrong, especially when your mindset is orAnGE MaN bAd and Dems can do no wrong.

Because you can't? Nobody on here has ever said Democrats can't do any wrong. You can't even address what he has lied about in the SOTU.

LA used to have worse air that Salt Lake, even with the ocean breeze; it's not nearly as bad as it once was. Utah has also fought every EPA regulation tooth and nail and consistently refused to address the problem.

The city might be in a basin, but if we can reduce the emissions into that basin we will be better off. Kind of like sitting in a bathtub when someone keeps peeing in it. The problem isn't the tub, is the piss.
LA’s geography causes very still air despite being near the ocean. I’m not saying reduced emissions are bad but saying China is doing better than us is demonstrably false. Also I would point out that the pollution you see is not CO2 so reducing those emissions would do very little to help your city

So Israel's other wall isn't as effective? Why is that?

The question shouldn't be whether the wall is effective but rather whether it is efficient compared to other means of securing the border.

It is still inefficient when compared to other means. It also does not do what the President says it does. It is not a magic wand to stop drugs. The vast majority of drugs still come through ports of entry.

Correct, and it certainly is efficient, since it's a) a drop in the bucket in terms of the overall budget, and b) is meant to compliment, not replace, other means of securing the border.
Where is the "drop in the bucket" when it comes to projects that aren't GOP pets? They will fight tooth and nail to defund NPR and Planned Parenthood (which aren't even direct payments, but payments for services via Medicaid and Title IX), which truly is a drop in the bucket. But this $5 Billion dollar down-payment on a wall that even border security experts agree is a waste is somehow okay? That $5 Billion is not the final price tag - the government hasn't even paid for the studies of what the project would end up costing, there's no plans for it, no bidding has been done for the total cost, no contract awarded, hell, the environmental impact study alone will probably be tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars.

So how can you say that the cost of the wall is a "drop in the bucket" when you don't even know what the cost is? This has been brought up before and you never answer the question; so I put it to you now: What is the final cost of the wall going to be and where are you getting that number?

I still want to know why the Republicans did not give Trump his wall when they held both houses of Congress.