The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I think the difference this time is that he was using Whatsapp and private email to avoid scrutiny and documentation requirements in contacting foreign governments.

there is just too much "news"...
I feel like the exact same thing was being reported last year, or am I going insane...?

I feel this way. Its becoming too much I want to get away from all of this...

You americans must be exhausted, every now and then I put on cnn in the background (US version) and every time its the same thing over and over again (not referring to fake news, but the topics in general, I like CNN).

Now it seems the Mueller report most likely will be a "nothing burger", Nancy Pelosi says she doesn't wanna impeach Trump. I feel that the democrats as a party and the american people as a whole would be much better off if this thing never happened. Seems like the damage done to the country/population is much worse than what Trump potentially could have done.. But not living in the US I don't know how it is..

You americans must be exhausted, every now and then I put on cnn in the background (US version) and every time its the same thing over and over again (not referring to fake news, but the topics in general, I like CNN).

Now it seems the Mueller report most likely will be a "nothing burger", Nancy Pelosi says she doesn't wanna impeach Trump. I feel that the democrats as a party and the american people as a whole would be much better off if this thing never happened. Seems like the damage done to the country/population is much worse than what Trump potentially could have done.. But not living in the US I don't know how it is..
The Special Council Investigation was launched as an
wikipedia said:
[...]investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. According to its authorizing document [...] the investigation includes any possible links or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation." The scope of the investigation reportedly includes potential obstruction of justice by Trump and others. [...]

They've already uncovered some crimes (some directly related to the campain, some not) and some members of the Trump campaign have already been sentenced for those crimes. The Investigation has had results. Linking President Trump personally to these crimes may not be possible, that should have been clear from the beginning. Sure, some Dems were hoping to link Trump directly, but the goal of the investigation has always been to uncover what happend in the election with Russia. And so far they've uncovered quite a bit (even without the report coming out).

As for impeachment - even James Comey was against it. You can not be a fan of Trump and be against impeaching him. You can want to see him fail to be re-elected. Which some consider the more humilating way to leave the White House for him. So when Pelosi says stuff like that - I think that's what she means.

What you mean by "damage to the population", I have no idea. You may wanna explain that - the "population" seems to be fine to me. One only speeks in term of "populations" when you're talking about sickness, mass deaths or something like that.

What you mean by "damage to the population", I have no idea. You may wanna explain that - the "population" seems to be fine to me. One only speeks in term of "populations" when you're talking about sickness, mass deaths or something like that.
Yeah, my wording was a bit strange. What I meant was the division between left and right and the hostilities between people, that seems to exist now, is largely because of what this report was supposed to prove. But maybe twitter and cable news doesn't represent the reality.

Yeah, my wording was a bit strange. What I meant was the division between left and right and the hostilities between people, that seems to exist now, is largely because of what this report was supposed to prove. But maybe twitter and cable news doesn't represent the reality.

If you think that this division is happening only now after the 2016 election and because of the investigation, I think you may have been living under a rock as far back as the second Bush. The division in the Us has been growing and getting worse for decades. One side defending or ignoring the constant stream of lies from the white house doesn't help in mending this division. "hey, have you seen our President lie on Tv again yesturday?" "LOOK AT THE ECONOMY! IT'S DOING SO GREAT" "Don't you think having someone at the head of our country that is terrible, amoral person matters?" "WE'RE DOING SO WELL, I CANT EVEN HEAR YOU LALALALALALA".

The American President is a proven, unrelenting and unremorseful serial liar. And like the boy who cried wolf one too many times, people now cannot believe that this is the one thing where he maybe telling the truth.

The reason Pelosi won't go forward with impeachment is because the trial for that happens in the Senate, which the GOP controls. The Republicans have been putting party ahead of country for over 20 years and it's only gotten worse as time goes on. They simply don't have the spine or the balls to impeach one of their own, no matter how severe the crimes. When Trump said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave in New York and get away with it, he was right.

Their best bet is to wait until he's out of office and go after him in a criminal case at both the state and federal levels, so he can't be pardoned by a future GOP president. What they don't want is to have Pence pull a Gerald Ford; which is why so much of the Muller investigation has been coordinated with the state of New York, Trump doesn't have the power to pardon state-level crimes.

If you think that this division is happening only now after the 2016 election and because of the investigation, I think you may have been living under a rock as far back as the second Bush. The division in the Us has been growing and getting worse for decades. One side defending or ignoring the constant stream of lies from the white house doesn't help in mending this division. "hey, have you seen our President lie on Tv again yesturday?" "LOOK AT THE ECONOMY! IT'S DOING SO GREAT" "Don't you think having someone at the head of our country that is terrible, amoral person matters?" "WE'RE DOING SO WELL, I CANT EVEN HEAR YOU LALALALALALA".

The American President is a proven, unrelenting and unremorseful serial liar. And like the boy who cried wolf one too many times, people now cannot believe that this is the one thing where he maybe telling the truth.
Of course I remember Bush II, the point is that this time its all about Mueller, virtue signaling and political correctness. Trump hasn't actually done anything that merits this.

And if nothing comes of the Mueller report, why would/should the democrats go after Trump when he is out of office? To what end? What is there to gain? Just revenge for losing the election? Obviously real crimes should always be investigated, but after 4/8 years I would think that most people would just prefer to move on.

Trump knows it all, so he must be right. Damn, he just changed his story so now I am all confused.

Whoops, I forgot, Trump already admitted to things he said never happened.

And it could be Trump that is the most disappointed.

What would be required for you to support Trump being impeached? (open to all)

Personally, if a crime has been committed, it should be revealed to the public(the whole report should). If collusion or obstruction can be proved, he needs to be impeached, even If the Senate will not convict and remove him.

Personally, if a crime has been committed, it should be revealed to the public(the whole report should). If collusion or obstruction can be proved, he needs to be impeached, even If the Senate will not convict and remove him.
agree with Prizrak.

So if collusion or obstruction can NOT be proven, do you agree this should be dropped and everyone should move on?