The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I guess that's it then, at least today should be a happy day for every American...
The eternal optimist. :ROFLMAO:

From what I remember listening to the press conference, the only redactions to the report were apparently the ones required by law over grand jury details, and those requested by the legal teams who are prosecuting people like Roger Stone. And then something about protecting collection methods or something. Trump exercised no executive privilege at all, apparently. And Barr is going to allow a bipartisan team to analyze the unredacted report behind closed doors, except for the legally required redactions pertaining to grand jury details.

So naturally it's a giant cover up conspiracy.

Omar:
  • claimed Israel “hypnotized the world”
  • said American support for Israel is “all about the Benjamins”
  • wrote a letter to a judge asking for leniency regarding people accused of being ISIS recruits
  • accused pro-Israel groups of having “dual loyalties”
  • refuses time and again to publicly deny she is anti-Semitic
Omar is a vile anti-Semite

Can anyone tell me how disagreeing with Israeli politics and questioning the politics around US/Israel relationship is because of prejudice against Jews? Even my jewish significant other finds how lock-step the US is with Israel, in many ways, uncomfortable. She was also all ready to be pissed at the "downplaying of 9/11" comments, until she heard the context of that conversation, and went, "Wait...that's it? That's what people are talking about?"

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how disagreeing with Israeli politics and questioning the politics around US/Israel relationship is because of prejudice against Jews?
On the face of it, it isn't. However it is often used as a dog whistle of sorts, like the claim that American Jews have "dual loyalties".

I guess that's it then, at least today should be a happy day for every American...

"No obstruction"

Didn't the Muller report cite 10 different times Trump likely obstructed the investigation or someone did so on his behalf?

Can anyone tell me how disagreeing with Israeli politics and questioning the politics around US/Israel relationship is because of prejudice against Jews? Even my jewish significant other finds how lock-step the US is with Israel, in many ways, uncomfortable. She was also all ready to be pissed at the "downplaying of 9/11" comments, until she heard the context of that conversation, and went, "Wait...that's it? That's what people are talking about?"
Good questions and I'm happy to outline them.

1) Please show me where she criticized Israeli policy, or criticized the US/Israeli relationship without resorting to anti-Semitism. Like you, I have no issue with that. The criticism of Omar is that she uses various time honoured anti-Semitic tropes ("dual loyalties", Israeli Jews have magical powers "hypnotizing the world", Jewish money paying off Americans "all about the Benjamins"), but does not actually criticize policy. That's the conflation people rushing to her defense, like Bernie Sanders, are attempting to make.

2) Her dismissive attitude of 9/11 as "some people did something" is entirely callous. It's not racist (like her anti-Semitism cited earlier) or inciting hatred, it's just cold and stupid.

"No obstruction"

Didn't the Muller report cite 10 different times Trump likely obstructed the investigation or someone did so on his behalf?
No, the Mueller report cited 10 examples that merited investigation into possible obstruction.

Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how disagreeing with Israeli politics and questioning the politics around US/Israel relationship is because of prejudice against Jews?
Obviously it all comes down to each specific example. When Israel does something bad/unpopular, you'll see synagogues get vandalized, even though it's a Jewish house of worship, not an Israeli embassy or something. When we moved our embassy in Israel from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, Palestinian protesters were flying swastikas. When asked about it, they said they wanted the Jews to see them. Like others have said, there is a lot of legit hatred of Jews that is being shielded as simple criticism against Israel.

The part that bothers me personally is what constitutes a "policy disagreement". I've heard people use that phrase, but then use the word "occupation" in the same breath. I'm sorry, but calling a sovereign nation an "illegal occupation that has no right to exist" a simple "policy disagreement" is a joke. Imagine if some klan members, all hooded out and robbed like it was Halloween in Virginia in the 80's, approached you and said they were not actually disgraceful hateful bigoted racists, no no no, they simply have a policy disagreement... with the occupation... of US soil by non-white people, that's all! "It's just a policy disagreement, I mean, come on!"

Nope. Not buying it. Go away.

So people have attempted to enter discussion with you in good faith, and instead of trying to rebut, all you can do is continue with the insults. Thank you very embodying the leftist emotional tirade that occurs anytime you run headlong into facts that dispute your narrative. Try again.

Y'all sound the same, can't you tell? Either something is 'your way' or it's "leftists emotional tirade". Of course the latter is an insult in disguise which makes you at the very least a hypocrite.

So yeah Barr needs to resign or be fired for that attempted cover up, Huckabee Sanders too for lying through her face, and Trump is closest to impeachment than ever. Yay game over!

Trump thinks so too.

Y'all sound the same, can't you tell?
No. Care to elaborate?

Either something is 'your way' or it's "leftists emotional tirade.”
The only thing I want “my way” is to discuss the facts of the issues.... something you seem unwilling to do. And I said that you are embodying the leftist emotional tirade.... something I didn’t accuse anyone else of (further poking holes in your comments that I label everyone as “x” or “y”).

Of course the latter is an insult in disguise which makes you at the very least a hypocrite.
You don’t get to play the victim when you came out guns blazing accusing others of being xenophobes without proof to back it up, and then when I take your post seriously and address it as such, dismiss it with a childish “get a room” and “mental gymnastics”, AND claiming you don’t have to rebut what anyone says simply because you deem it “bullshit.”

And I’m not a hypocrite for calling out your behaviour for what it is. You just didn’t like what I said about the policies and situation and, failing an attempt at a grown up rebuttal, you felt like throwing mud.

If you don’t want your emotional tirade to be labelled as such, then don’t have an emotional tirade.

So yeah Barr needs to resign or be fired for that attempted cover up, Huckabee Sanders too for lying through her face, and Trump is closest to impeachment than ever. Yay game over!
So, I’m actually reading through the full report (after having seen various snippets earlier), but I’m nowhere near done. Having said that...

Yes, Sanders lied. So did Trump (a lot). He also owes the cooler heads of his various subordinates and advisors from talking him off the ledge of committing acts that would have been obstructive had he actually followed through.

I can tell you haven’t even attempted to read the report or even a non-partisan synopsis, because if you did, there’s no way you could conclude that Barr tried to cover up ANYthing, since what is unredacted already paints Trump in a most unflattering light.

Secondly, Barr did the redactions WITH Mueller, so are you also calling Mueller a Trump tool? Oh, and Trump’s legal team were not allowed, and did not make requests for redactions upon reviewing the full report.

Thirdly, if Barr is a Trump hack, what makes you think the case for impeachment got stronger? That would make Barr pretty bad at covering for Trump, no?

By the way, what did make the case for impeachment stronger?

Last edited:
Y'all sound the same, can't you tell? Either something is 'your way' or it's "leftists emotional tirade". Of course the latter is an insult in disguise which makes you at the very least a hypocrite.
When have I ever said anything was a “leftist emotional tirade”? I didn’t even make any political points in the latest conversation with you, merely pointed out how organizations tend to work. Which earned me a “xenophobe” label from you.

@LeVeL Just because they didn't find anything means that Trump is better at covering shit up than appeared at first.

Shouldn’t everyone be happy that our president is not bought and paid for by a foreign power?

Last edited:
Shouldn’t everyone be happy that our president is not bought and paid for by a foreign power?
Not if it means someone with an R next to their name sits in the Oval Office. They would have preferred our executive branch be taken over by foreign agents. Hell, Bill Maher even flat out admitted he wants a terrible recession to hit just to get a Democrat into that office. What is this sort of behavior called again? Oh right, party over country.

@LeVeL, the Steele Dossier was not what caused the investigation into Trump. There was information that came into the CIA and FBI from foreign allies that was cause for concern that triggered it all. Stop llistening to trump's version of this.

@LeVeL, the Steele Dossier was not what caused the investigation into Trump. There was information that came into the CIA and FBI from foreign allies that was cause for concern that triggered it all. Stop llistening to trump's version of this.
This is still up for some debate, but having read through that part of the report, I have to agree with you, and say the initiation of the investigation in June or July 2016 appears to, as you put it, come from legitimate cause for concern (Trump lying about the Moscow Trump Tower meetings, Papadopoulos claiming he could get intel on Clinton from overseas, etc.).

Having said that, the Steele Dossier was the reason for the FISA warrants, and is what Comey himself showed Trump, and is barely mentioned in the Mueller Report, which strongly suggests that he (Mueller) couldn’t verify anything in it. That’s deeply troubling as well.

Reactions: TC
Since nobody else wants to talk about it...

My favorite part is.Trump's own assessment, "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm fucked."