The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

You sure got a potent cup of kool-aid.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget that a President Pence might well be even worse than Trump. All the douchebaggery of the latter combined with the religious delusions of the former... it’s not a pretty picture.
You won’t see me refute the douchebaggery on the part of the Donald (though I suspect we would disagree on the nature of said baggery), but I’d be curious if you could explain anything similar for Pence. Also, are you advocating that any people of religious beliefs shouldn’t run for office? Or just Pence, and if so, why?

You won’t see me refute the douchebaggery on the part of the Donald (though I suspect we would disagree on the nature of said baggery), but I’d be curious if you could explain anything similar for Pence. Also, are you advocating that any people of religious beliefs shouldn’t run for office? Or just Pence, and if so, why?
Can you please remind me to get back to you on this if I forget? I’m just quite busy at the moment.

And the far right is pushing one of it's pet issues, drowning out the moderates. This is not new though, the right even has a name for it. RINO. Unless a republican is far enough right of center on the vast majority of issues, the far right(not even the extreme right) shits on them.

[...] even among the coastal elites their message doesn't resonate as much as they think.
That's sort of true. Though it is also easy to mistake few "loud" people for the opinion of a whole party. And that 's a result of the 2 Party system. You could easily split dems and reps into 3 Parties so that at the end everyone get's to vote for a party (and candidates) that they feel represented.

You wouldn't have been allowed into the country if the right gets what they want with immigration.

By the way, the democrats shifting left is a symptom of how far right they have been dragged over the last 40 years or so. It only seems extreme because you are used to seeing only moderate democrats, or centrists.

I have said it before, but it needs to be said again, Clinton was the best republican president in my life. Obama was a centrist for the most part, but he fired up the corporatist end of the right on several issues.

Trump is also a last gasp of those hard right wingers. Unless the democrats do something like try and force the candidate again, I see more non voters voting just to oppose Trump.

Edit: forgot abortion too: we've gone from "pro-choice" to killing babies at 9mo.
Yep, people clearly are pushing for this.

Where do you even get your news?

You have stated that you came year via what is referred to as chain migration. Meaning you had relatives that were here before you, and your family was able to follow sometime later.

Carter is the last true Democratic President.

By the way, the democrats shifting left is a symptom of how far right they have been dragged over the last 40 years or so. It only seems extreme because you are used to seeing only moderate democrats, or centrists.
While the right certainly has plenty of crazy cooks, the platforms they run on (including Trump btw) are far more centrist than what the Democrats have been doing. There is also the fact that Reps have more or less left social issues alone (abortion being the only one they still fight) and concentrated on more economic issues* while Dems are a lot more concerned with social issues and have nearly no platform for addressing the economy.**

*Illegal immigration is at it's core an economic issue rather than a social one.
**Before anyone chimes in with "you just don't know their programs" that is literally the issue, when someone who pays a bit more attention than average has no idea of their platform, they effectively have no platform.
get a judgeship - despite not being qualified for the job.
Isn't that like half the judges in the US?

NY and VA have pushed for more openly allowing third trimester abortions - yes, that's up to 9 months.
Blanket, or depending on clear-cut medical criteria?

EDIT: Read up on NY, as the VA law is still under discussion - it is about cases where the mother's life is at risk and/or the fetus will not be viable, so it's either to save the mother's life (which makes sense) or to spare her from having to deliver a child just to watch it die (which, again, makes sense). I fail to see the "killing babies at 9 months".

Last edited: