The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Does this make it any less despicable, manipulative or dangerous?

Why is a democracy a better system, if people are tricked into something, rather than choosing it? Can't you just decide for them and save yourself the money and the harassment of manipulating them? Does this method even qualifies as a democracy at all?
This is why the founders put in checks and balances and separation of powers, humans are fallible, these issues exist in every single democracy, US is hardly special here.

This is why the founders put in checks and balances and separation of powers, humans are fallible, these issues exist in every single democracy, US is hardly special here.

Then what do you think in this specific case?

Does Trump's behaviour sits well with you, or do you like the Founding Father's ideas better?

Of course he did, nevermind the new NAFTA deal that still needs to be ratified; this reeks of Trump's desperation to distract from his tweet the other night admitting Russia helped him get elected - which, contrary to what he claims, is a crime.

And yet nothing has happened. It makes things feel so meaningless.

Though I fear that tweet was written in such a way that doesn’t actually incriminate rather he writes and speaks in very strange ways that if not looked at right, sounds bad but is actually just really stupidly written/spoken.

Am I not allowed to chime in on a topic I agree with? Reddit thread is as good a source as any given the topic of discussion, which is that conservative black people are seen as uncle tom’s by the left.

You routinely chime in when level is called out on something. Is he not able to speak for himself?

No, redditt is not a good source for anything meaningful. There is also the reverse though. Where have the republicans talked about black politicians being "brothers and patriots"?

First off, who are you to demand anything?
Second, Candice Owens has talked about this a lot, as have Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell, and others.

I am at the same level as you on this, I am just more blunt about it.

I am not going to do your work for you, you need to provide links.

Does this make it any less despicable, manipulative or dangerous?

Why is a democracy a better system, if people are tricked into something, rather than choosing it? Can't you just decide for them and save yourself the money and the harassment of manipulating them? Does this method even qualifies as a democracy at all?

I disagree with your implication through the use of the word "tricked". Democracy works because its faults, as mentioned throughout this thread, align better with the faults of human societies in general than any other forms of government. You may attempt to be plain and limit yourself to describing your plan in a very smart concise matter and I am sure that the 3% of the electorate you will get despite an utter lack of media coverage and inability to get the message out will find it nice and refreshing. At the end, you're selling your plan to the electorate, and the electorate likes a show.

Does Trump's behaviour sits well with you, or do you like the Founding Father's ideas better?

They are not mutually exclusive so far as I can tell.

You routinely chime in when level is called out on something. Is he not able to speak for himself?

Should we all evict this thread and leave you two to shout inanities at one another? Damn amusing but not propitiative to reasoned discourse.

Should we all evict this thread and leave you two to shout inanities at one another? Damn amusing but not propitiative to reasoned discourse.

No, but I am tired of the Russian tag team. They can answer for themselves when they are called out. The other can wait until the one being called out can respond.

Then what do you think in this specific case?

In this specific case, no I don't like our current president, he turned out to be better than expected but and IMO certainly better than the alternative, but I would have preferred someone else. I don't like his rhetoric, I don't like his behavior, I don't like a ton about him, but
No, but I am tired of the Russian tag team. They can answer for themselves when they are called out. The other can wait until the one being called out can respond.
I don't believe anyone is forcing you to participate, I will respond to any and all posts I damn well please.

Also I would prefer to call it Jewish tag team as Jim seems to agree with us more than disagree.

You want links, here is a nice black lady being harassed by leftist protesters:

In this specific case, no I don't like our current president, he turned out to be better than expected but and IMO certainly better than the alternative, but I would have preferred someone else. I don't like his rhetoric, I don't like his behavior, I don't like a ton about him

In many cases, no, his behavior does not sit well with me[...]See, there's plenty of reasons to dislike Trump and call him out on but 99% of the time the Democrats instead focus on stupid shit.

Then say it, agree with those who say it, and bash the Democrats as well if you think they are wrong.

Abandon this idea that saying Trump is not good automatically means saying the Dems are good. The "team war" that politics has become is not good, and is not Democracy.

To have Democracy, you need to have a binding set of valours connecting you to the other people, a goal or a set of guidelines you can agree upon even if you disagree on how to keep them or reach them.

Negating other people even when you mostly agree just because they are "on the other team" is not working together, is not having something in common, is borderline conflict.

If something is wrong, say it: build a bridge to the other people thinking the same on that topic, and then you will even be able to ask the others to build their part of the bridge to connect to you on other topics.

In this specific case, no I don't like our current president, he turned out to be better than expected but and IMO certainly better than the alternative, but I would have preferred someone else. I don't like his rhetoric, I don't like his behavior, I don't like a ton about him, but
I don't believe anyone is forcing you to participate, I will respond to any and all posts I damn well please.

Also I would prefer to call it Jewish tag team as Jim seems to agree with us more than disagree.

You want links, here is a nice black lady being harassed by leftist protesters:

Unlike you, I never said that you can't respond, just let level speak for himself.

RUSSAN COLLUSION!!!!!1!!!! Any other rules you want to establish that we have to follow?

:roll: I would be happy if you would follow the forum rules, but you don't as it is.

Abandon this idea that saying Trump is not good automatically means saying the Dems are good. The "team war" that politics has become is not good, and is not Democracy.
I have been rather vocal in this very thread about both sides being completely self serving. I also stated that I wasn’t for either the wall (in its current iteration at least), nor for tariffs. So I’m not sure what you mean here about team sport.

For the record I have always been resistered as independent ever since getting my citizenship

I have been rather vocal in this very thread about both sides being completely self serving. I also stated that I wasn’t for either the wall (in its current iteration at least), nor for tariffs. So I’m not sure what you mean here about team sport.

For the record I have always been resistered as independent ever since getting my citizenship

I remember that. Yet it was you who answered the first to my comment #4355, which was quite unimpressed with Trump.

I know you are not a total Trump supporter, yet it is quite difficult to see you criticizing him as harshly as he deserves (which need not be as harshly as his adversaries usually do).

I think it is better to defend him when it is right to do so and to criticize him hard when he deserves it. Always.

I remember that. Yet it was you who answered the first to my comment #4355, which was quite unimpressed with Trump.

I know you are not a total Trump supporter, yet it is quite difficult to see you criticizing him as harshly as he deserves (which need not be as harshly as his adversaries usually do).

I think it is better to defend him when it is right to do so and to criticize him hard when he deserves it. Always.
There are a couple of things, I don’t think it’s very fair to bear down on one specific politician due to personal/political differences when said politician is playing same game they all play. I mean Git-Mo is still around and open despite 8 years of “I will close down Git-Mo”

Where I see failures I criticize

That's subjective, isn't it? Personally, I don't think he's perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he has done a lot of good and the country is doing very well as a result.

This is a debatable part to say the least, but it's already fully into the opinion area (well, actually many facts are there to help people defining their own opinions, but again...), so I am not interested in pointing in this direction.

I've always maintained that there are legitimate reasons to criticize him but instead people jump on bandwagons to nowhere that are based on BS.

On the bandwagons things, one of the main problems I see is many people will either go full "he's baaaaaaaad!!!" or go full "he's gooooooood" without honestly evaluating things in a balanced manner.

To you, for example, I would ask what, in Trump's behaviour (not in his political ideas) is bad behaviour and what is good. I ask because if you cannot find anything bad, it probably means you have far less problems with him that you say you have.

There are a couple of things, I don’t think it’s very fair to bear down on one specific politician due to personal/political differences when said politician is playing same game they all play. I mean Git-Mo is still around and open despite 8 years of “I will close down Git-Mo”

I think this game is dangerous, whomever plays it. It is impossible to eradicate, and probably not even really the best thing to do, but it should never be treated like it was fine, because it is not, it undermines the very things that builds up a democracy.

Rather, it should be something that lowers credibility and consensus. I see with my own eyes an everyday acceptance of dangerous behaviours (not just that), and they do exactly what you might expect they do: open the way to more overt subversion of other fundamentals, like no lies, no corruption, no empty promises, no double standard, no manipulation.

Those things should be kept in check at any time, from whatever source.

In Trump, many things are not ok for democracy at a human level and I have not even started with the political ideas. He is surely not alone, but he is in charge now, and so I see him more than the others.

He is not even the worst, I have seen some people, amongst the possible names for the presidency, who were terrifying, and the reason they are not there is because there is a "too much" which is still below their hideous level. Treat "this much" as standard, and the "too much" line will raise to include even worst people, until, one day, the line will be so inclusive you (us all) will have a real problem.

Last edited: