The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Priz, what should a president do/say/propose for you to consider him/her not a good person to have in that position?

He's a showman and he makes these blunders all the time. He was praising the armed forces and got carried away (as he typically does).
Trump's administration and Fox News are saying that nonsensical ramble was the teleprompter's fault.

Either this is a lie (which it is), Trump didn't read his own speech before he got up there (probably also true), or he did read it and is too stupid to notice the problems (least likely, it involves reading without an audience cheering him on).

Do you have any clue what a concentration camp is?

concentration camp

n.
A camp where persons are confined, usually without hearings and typically under harsh conditions, often as a result of their membership in a group the government has identified as suspect.
n.
A place or situation characterized by extremely harsh conditions.
n.
A camp where large numbers of persons—such as political prisoners, prisoners of war, refugees—are detained for the purpose of concentrating them in one place.

If the shoe fits.

Priz, what should a president do/say/propose for you to consider him/her not a good person to have in that position?
I don’t consider Trump a good fit for the job, if for no other reason than his complete lack of governing experience.

concentration camp

n.
A camp where persons are confined, usually without hearings and typically under harsh conditions, often as a result of their membership in a group the government has identified as suspect.
n.
A place or situation characterized by extremely harsh conditions.
n.
A camp where large numbers of persons—such as political prisoners, prisoners of war, refugees—are detained for the purpose of concentrating them in one place.

If the shoe fits.
Third one barely fits, and really not how vast majority of people would understand the phrase.
How would you suggest we deal with the influx of people at the border?

I've never before heard of people voluntarily leaving their homes to go sit in concentration camps. Fascinating. Almost as fascinating as just how utterly disgusting and inappropriate it is to compare detention centers for illegal aliens breaking federal laws to concentration camps.

Do we cease to use the word genocide to describe the future attempts to wipe out a group of people because Hitler was the most prolific?

There is also one other parallel to the Jewish concentration camps. Separating children from their parents.

Do we cease to use the word genocide to describe the future attempts to wipe out a group of people because Hitler was the most prolific?
We likely wouldn’t call it a holocaust would we?
There is also one other parallel to the Jewish concentration camps. Separating children from their parents
That practice was deplorable, however last I checked it is no longer being done.

We likely wouldn’t call it a holocaust would we?

WW2 was not the first time holocaust was used to describe a genocide.

That practice was deplorable, however last I checked it is no longer being done.

They may not be separating the recent border crossers, they still have not reunited the families.

I don’t consider Trump a good fit for the job, if for no other reason than his complete lack of governing experience.

Why are you mostly putting yourself on the defensive line in front of him whenever someone criticize him?

They can cross the border illegally (a misdemeaner) and still request asylum. It is against the law to take kids from parents, we call it kidnapping and it is a felony.

I would love a credible example of a child being bought and taken across into the US.

Why are you mostly putting yourself on the defensive line in front of him whenever someone criticize him?
If you paid attention to the thread you would see that the only times I do that is when those criticism are not valid in my opinion.
WW2 was not the first time holocaust was used to describe a genocide
Citation needed, I couldn’t find any use of the word “holocaust” to describe a genocide other than WW2.
They may not be separating the recent border crossers, they still have not reunited the families
Again that is absolutely horrifying, though from what I understand it’s more an issue of good old governmental incompetence in identifying the families to be reunited. Doesn’t excuse it at all but does fall more in the “bumbling fool” sector
than “tyrannical dictator”

If you don't want to end up separated from your children (if they're even your children - lots of reports of people BUYING CHILDREN) there's one very simple solution - DON'T CROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALY! Literally just walk away. That's it! There are ZERO parallels to Nazi concentration camps here and suggesting otherwise is despicable.
I didn't compare the concentration camps to the Nazis or halocaust. Concentration camps were used prior to and since WWII, inuding by the US against the Native Americans and by the US against Japanese Americans - or are we forgetting that unsavory part of our history?

They can just... not cross the border then. Also, would you prefer it if children were held in criminal detention with their parents?

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/22/children-abducted-illegals-posing-families-us-bord/
We separated thousands of kids from their families at the border as a form of non-judicial punishment. These 22 cases are a good reason to reunite kids with their family that can care for them, it's not a reason to separate thousands of children from their real parents - many of whom still have not been reunited and may never be.

You want a hat for that straw man?

But hey, since you bring up Nazi Germany and the concentration camps there, you know who is comparing the concentration camps in the US to Nazis? Holocaust survivors and their families.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/never-again-action-ice-protests_n_5d1cc0abe4b0f312567d7267
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-concentration-camps-border-20190707-story.html

Of course this doesn't mean every holocaust survivor is in agreement, there is a difference between a labor camp, a death camp, and a concentration camp. All labor and death camps are concentration camps, not all concentration camps are labor camps or death camps.

As for calling them concentration camps, I'm not alone in this. About a quarter of Americans also say it's an appropriate label for them.

Of course you have an "easy solution" - and it just happens to absolve you of any moral qualms by blaming poor, desperate people fleeing a horrible situation. They get here and we stick them in unsanitary, overcrowded cages without access to basic sanitation and blame them by saying "look what you made me do."

Can you sink any lower?

Trouble in paradise, Donnie? Guess he didn't like the reporting regarding unsanitary conditions, overcrowding, and hunger at his concentration camps.