The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

This is how I know the gov't isn't hiding aliens, he woulda tweeted that shit out.

Wrong, he would have bragged about deporting them back to Mars.

It's not hard to see that the satellite is there, but now the world knows it's a photo-imaging bird. I give it a month before someone points a big laser at it and burns the sensor out. Of course, we won't hear about that.

He just wasn’t sure if biggest is still best in this case. Give the man a break, he’s busy Making America Great Again and tired from fighting the lying liberals every single day!

There you go, I explained it away.
You mean golfing while the storm bears down on most of the East coast?

It's not hard to see that the satellite is there, but now the world knows it's a photo-imaging bird. I give it a month before someone points a big laser at it and burns the sensor out. Of course, we won't hear about that.
I doubt that it being a spy satellite is news to any government, also I doubt it's geosynchronous and there are a whole mess of em. Hell at this point Google Earth sats have enough resolution to be considered spy.
You mean golfing while the storm bears down on most of the East coast?
Maybe his golfing somewhere in the path.

I doubt that it being a spy satellite is news to any government, also I doubt it's geosynchronous and there are a whole mess of em. Hell at this point Google Earth sats have enough resolution to be considered spy.

Maybe his golfing somewhere in the path.

There are lots of spy satellites, but now we know this one is visible light imaging. It also doesn't need to be geosynchronous to be targeted with a laser. I'd bet anything more than one government already has the capability to knock out imaging satellites using a relatively cheap laser. People can already track the ISS with off-the-shelf tech, combine that with some intelligence (now freely available) and a good-sized laser - that's one very expensive bird that's now a flying paperweight.

More importantly, and this is not dependent on it being a sattelite, release of the photo shows the resolution and potential capabilities of the camera. This is a major counterintelligence coup that required no intelligence gathering to get. Just a tweet from the Trump and the world gets to take a peek behind the curtain.

Having Trump as president is like being killed from a thousand paper cuts.

Speaking of tweets, he's doubled down on his claim that Alabama was going to be hit by Dorian, even after the NWS issued a correction.

Either way we’d find out

Maybe the Secret services or the Men in Black or whoever keeps the secret convened when Trump was elected and were like:
- Listen guys, I know it's protocol to brief the new president, but this one seems a little empty in the head. Let's skip it for now.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/02/7566...s-spy-satellite-behind-president-trumps-tweet

Amateurs Identify U.S. Spy Satellite Behind President Trump's Tweet

Amateur satellite trackers say they believe an image tweeted by President Trump on Friday came from one of America's most advanced spy satellites.

The image almost certainly came from a satellite known as USA 224, according to Marco Langbroek, a satellite-tracker based in the Netherlands. The satellite was launched by the National Reconnaissance Office in 2011. Almost everything about it remains highly classified, but Langbroek says that based on its size and orbit, most observers believe USA 224 is one of America's multibillion-dollar KH-11 reconnaissance satellites.

"It's basically a very large telescope, not unlike the Hubble Space Telescope," Langbroek says. "But instead of looking up to the stars, it looks down to the earth's surface and makes very detailed images."

Prior to the analysis, some experts suspected the image in Trump's tweet might have come from a drone or a spy plane.

"When I saw the image, it was so crystal clear and high-resolution that I did not believe it could come from a satellite," says Melissa Hanham, a satellite imagery expert and deputy director of the Open Nuclear Network in Vienna, Austria. But she finds the new analysis persuasive. "Given that the satellite is in position at that moment, it's now very likely that it was [the source of the picture]," she says.

Hanham says she is amazed a satellite can provide such clear imagery. Spy satellites must peer down through earth's atmosphere, which is a bit like trying to look at objects in the bottom of a swimming pool. They also must snap their pictures while whizzing across the sky. Both effects can blur the fine details in images.

"I'm now scratching my head and curious about how they account for the effects of the atmosphere and motion of the objects," she says.

And she says she thinks she's not alone. Others will be trying to use the image to learn more about how USA 224 works. "I imagine adversaries are going to take a look at this image and reverse-engineer it to figure out how the sensor itself works and what kind of post-production techniques they're using," she says.

Hanham questions whether Trump's tweet zinging the Iranians was worth the information this image provides to other nations, but she adds: "It's his decision as the president."

Maybe the Secret services or the Men in Black or whoever keeps the secret convened when Trump was elected and were like:
- Listen guys, I know it's protocol to brief the new president, but this one seems a little empty in the head. Let's skip it for now.
He’d ask though, I would, chances are they would have to answer a direct question.

More evidence that Trump is using his office and influence to enrich himself.

Now on to the latest on the wall.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/politics/sasc-border-wall-military-funds-letter/index.html

READ: Letter announcing decision to divert military funds for Trump's border wall

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has authorized the use of $3.6 billion in military construction funds for 11 wall projects on the southern border with Mexico, according to defense officials and a letter from Esper to the Senate Armed Services Committee, which has been obtained by CNN.

the letter is at the link.

Oh, those projects are not cancelled, congress can pay for them if they want...