The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Is the committee bi-partisan? If not I can very easily see legitimate concerns

Some of the protestors were members of the committee!

Like mobsters crashing a Grand Jury hearing.

John Heilemann on the Circus mention a poem that describe the current Trump crisis -

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Yes, you do need locks and armed security in a secure fucking facility. The story smells of BS and parts of it don't make sense, hence my question.
There is fucking VIDEO that the GOP shot of themselves storming in and you are still crying "fake news"!?

Yes, you do need locks and armed security in a secure fucking facility.
Sounds like you’re advocating for shooting these thugs. I don’t think I’ve ever been closer to agreeing with you. :hmm:

The story smells of BS and parts of it don't make sense, hence my question.
Straight from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL):

Last edited:
He's gone; drank the kool-aid, off the reservation, gone.

Kind of reminds me of this rather prophetic line:

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Even when his own party members openly admit to doing something detrimental or just stupid, LeVel refuses to admit that they could possibly be in the wrong. He's not even parroting the party talking points anymore, he writing GOP fanfic.

The story smells of BS and parts of it don't make sense, hence my question.

Yes, it smells BS, and yet it is real. Now that we have determined that and you have seen it, do you accept it?

And what do you take out of it? Is that ok with you, or do you think that was wrong?

Would the answer be the same if the same action was made by someone you don't like (say, for example, a Democrat group)?

There is fucking VIDEO that the GOP shot of themselves storming in and you are still crying "fake news"!?

Which is illegal and the Sergeant at Arms has to investigate

As GOP members rebel against closed-door testimony in Trump impeachment inquiry, a few years ago GOP argued its the only way to go when seeking truth.
'The Committee’s pref. for private interviews over public hearings has been questioned. ... Interviews allow witnesses to be questioned .. by a highly prepared member or staff person. " Open hearings "precludes in-depth focused questioning.'

The Dems have been sweeping the left's criminality under the rug while screaming "impeachment" every time Trump blinks or sneezes
You were shown a tweet about this from a Republican Member of the House and the first thing you did is scream “But the Democrats!” Boggles the mind.

I'm thinking this is another nothing-burger but they'll milk it by slowly leaking bits and pieces out of context (and maybe false) to damage Trump's reputation.

I don't know whether this will result in Trump's impeachment or he will reach the end of his term, but his reputation is already shattered beyond any possibility of repair by the long series of infamous acts and lies he managed to made public himself.

There is maybe a need to proof something more to impeach him, but there is no need to bring any more evidence to the table to say his election was a mistake (and I am not implying that the competing candidate was a good choice instead).

Last edited:
His reputation amongst his opposition could never be repaired anyways, he could cure cancer and end all wars and it wouldn't change anything. They (and I am also looking at 95 percent of the participants in this thread) have hated him since before he was elected, nothing was gonna change that.

The people that were gonna vote for him 6 months ago are still gonna vote for him in a year. Looking at the opposition and how well things are going anything except a second terms seems unthinkable.

^ I hated him because he molests women and is proud of it, has no clue what he's doing, is mentally ill, and doesn't give a rats ass about the well-being of anyone but himself or his circle. All of that has been evident for years. I didn't want this presidency to be the garbage fore that it is, it's bad for everyone. Stop blaming the people who are pointing out that Trump is a consistent Narcissistic fuckup and start looking at the Narcissistic fuckup.

You are defending a guy whose latest thing is building a border wall in Colorado - a state with no international border. I'm sure someone will exain to me that this makes total sense and Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess rather than being a walking fuckup with a 4th grade literacy and a 3rd grade level of geography.

The Dems have been sweeping the left's criminality under the rug while screaming "impeachment" every time Trump blinks or sneezes so at this point my first reaction to anything posted by blind, grtak, etc is scepticism (to put it lightly). I'm googling and yes this does look real and it does look bad - I'm sure these Repubs all have clearances and they actually do have a need-to-know, but bringing recording devices into a SCIF is bad, bad, bad. That still doesn't answer my question of how they managed to get in though.
12 of them had permission to be there. The whole thing was a stint to push the narrative that this is a Democrat-only process. The others were not supposed to be there and did not have clearance.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rep...nt-hearing-but-were-allowed-to-attend-2019-10

They got I'm because no one wanted to use violence against a group of congressmen. But again, thanks for pointing out that the only way to make the GOP follow the law is with force.

Don't be silly, I'm not a Bernie supporter so no, I'm not advocating for republican senators to be shot.

Sanders had no part in this event, you were the one who said we needed guys with guns to keep your own party in line.

Yeah, asking a question about an event is clearly bad - I should just believe everything piece of fake news you post like it's gospel.

You didn't ask a question, you saw an unfavorable story and jumped right to " fake news" before even looking at it. Even when your party admitted to it with video evidence, you are "sure" that it was all okay and all the people storming the testimony had clearance to be there.

At this point you are a walking trope of a Trump supporter, you are the reason Trump thinks he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and no one would do anything. Even when you see the video and proud admissions of malfeasance, you still don't believe your own eyes and continue to do mental backflips or blame Democrats.

Last edited:
His reputation amongst his opposition could never be repaired anyways, he could cure cancer and end all wars and it wouldn't change anything.
Let’s see about that when he makes those miracles happen. ?

They (...) have hated him since before he was elected, nothing was gonna change that.
I wonder if that might have something to do with his track record (obnoxious business & TV personality), political campaigns (starting with “birtherism”) and the his proudly displayed racism, misogyny and xenophobia. :think:

and I am also looking at 95 percent of the participants in this thread
Hmm... you and LeVeL are two people who will defend Trump no matter what. Prizrak doesn’t seem to hate him. For three people to be just 5%, there would have to be 57 individual “Trump haters” posting in this thread. I wonder where they all are...

The people that were gonna vote for him 6 months ago are still gonna vote for him in a year. Looking at the opposition and how well things are going anything except a second terms seems unthinkable.
What things are going well? Trump is managing to deflect from his crimes with some serious mental gymnastics and the help of his internet fellowship, but other than that, what “great” things is he doing?

Last edited:
His reputation amongst his opposition could never be repaired anyways

Rationalizations and wildly broad generalizazion do not help. What they do is they allow you to dwell in the delusion that everybody who does not think like you is bad, wrong, envious and their ideas and thoughts are in one way or another unworthy of attention.

This is because you don't want to put your own idea to the test, challenge them and maybe having to change them. Basically, you are afraid that whay you think is wrong, or to discover that you do not have the simple answer to everything, that things are much more complicated than you think.

I'd like to be wrong, but I am not: I called Trump's mental illness from back before his election, because he clearly shows the same spectrum of problems Berlusconi has.

Sadly, I was right. Like I was when I said that Berlusconi was dangerous, a charismatic powerhouse with a flair for business, a penchant for money and glory and no care whatsoever for everything outside of himself and of those who flatter him.

Sadly, I was right back then too.

On Trump, your views are unrealistic. Accept it and ask yourself -why- do you still want to believe; you are not Fox Mulder and Trump is no alien, after all.

, he could cure cancer and end all wars and it wouldn't change anything.

Let's him! I would credit that to him in an instant. Can I do something to help this out?

Sadly, he won't, and you know it.

Now to you: what would you need to change your opinion on Trump and credit him as the disgrace he is? (and I repeat: it does not mean that the alternative was necessarily better)

They (and I am also looking at 95 percent of the participants in this thread) have hated him since before he was elected, nothing was gonna change that.

I do not hate him: I see who he is and I am telling everybody else since 2016. And what I said came to be. I have no superpower and I am not a seer, so anyone else could have done the same as me. This is one reason why you have difficulties accepting Trump's real person, because you could have seen it, and you haven't.

The people that were gonna vote for him 6 months ago are still gonna vote for him in a year.

This is not a good sign for democracy.

But this is exactly why I asked the americans to look themselves in the mirror and understand what happened to them to have Trump as their President. The extreme partisan divisions and all the people unable to talk to one another is dangerous and damaging in the long run. It is the same reason why disinformation, fake news, constant hate and screaming and a general continuous hate environment is damaging:

because it stops people from thinking with their own heads or allowing themselves to question themselves, what they think, what they want. I stops them from giving honest answers.

Of course, that is the same thing I ask to you: what do you want? why do you want it? What would make you change your mind? Have you ever asked yourself these questions? Because if you haven't, how can you tell you have the right answer?

Looking at the opposition and how well things are going anything except a second terms seems unthinkable.

"well"? Oh boy...

The US Power is fading, the US propulsive force is getting weaker, their influence is decreasing, they have just got into their worst international and political defeat in 20 years, and the worst image damage since 9/11. The tariffs wars will weaken everybody and widen the divide between the US and each of the other countries, the US society is angry and divided (and Trumps is furthering those divisions), the future brings no clear national objective (this is partly why isolationism is growing in consensus).

If this is "well", I hope the situation will never get so dire as to be "bad" even for you.

Let’s see about that when he makes those miracles happen. ?

I wonder if that might have something to do with his track record (obnoxious business & TV personality), political campaigns (starting with “birtherism”) and the his proudly displayed racism, misogyny and xenophobia. :think:

Hmm... you and LeVeL are two people who will defend Trump no matter what. Prizrak doesn’t seem to hate him. For three people to be just 5%, there would have to be 57 individual “Trump haters” posting in this thread. I wonder where they all are...

What things are going well? Trump is managing to deflect from his crimes with some serious mental gymnastics and the help of his internet fellowship, but other than that, what “great” things is he doing?

It's more Orange Kool-Aid. Trump's entire campaign was based on the narrative that he was the underdog, as President he continued this with his "deep state" bullshit. LeVel has to have someone to blame for Trump's failures, clearly it's our fault; if we only supported him, all his insane policies would have worked out just fine.

The sad thing is that we are going to be dealing with the consequences of this for years, and the GOP will blame those consequences on the Democrats (Trump is just getting a head start on it).

I know I should not do this, but I want @LeVeL to spell it out. What Democratic criminality?

Trump is just saying random states now.