The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

The Democrats could try to change the impeachment process within the Senate and make it a secret ballot/vote for the trial component. If the GOP senators have some anonymity they would have some protection from retaliation and we might get an honest vote. There have been several leaks from within the GOP that indicate there is a significant number of them who are not happy with Trump and what he's doing to their party - never mind that Trump is the symptom, not the disease.

I bet a secret vote would result in Trump's removal; but I'm not as delusional as Biden and holding out hope that the GOP is about to have an epiphany and spontaneously reform. Their current trajectory has worked for them, even if they don't have the trust of most the people, they do have the power - and that's all they care about.

This is all well and good - but an impeachment is a political process, not a trial. Does anyone actually believe the Republican senators are going to vote to remove him from office?

I'd love to be wrong, but I foresee Trump being president for another term even.

In theory, it is both, but we all know it will cease to be a trial to try and preserve power for the republicans.

When Clinton was impeached, he should of been removed from office. There was enough of a crime to justify it.

The resulting fallout flipped Congress and the White House to the republicans. The same may happen this time around too, but the president has strong support from his followers, so you may be right.

Its interesting to actually watch the hearings live, and then go read what the msm is reporting, they must presume no-one is watching..

Did YOU watch or are you only parroting a talking point from a fringe Twitter account? I watched and I can't see a problem with the reporting outside Fox News.

Did YOU watch or are you only parroting a talking point from a fringe Twitter account? I watched and I can't see a problem with the reporting outside Fox News.

Speaking of Fox news...

They are grabbing on to the phone call that occurred after the whistle blower complaint. Trump was trying to back away from it after already being caught - the timeline matters here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ia-ukraine-investigation-latest-a9212236.html

When POTUS calls members of Congress "human scum" for following the Constitution and the rules set by his own party.

"Republicans are both the strongest and the victims. We are being denied due process in a legal proceeding." - Trump

"This isn't a legal proceeding, I can keep tweeting threats at witnesses." - Also Trump.

“This has never happened to a President before. What they are doing is not legal. But I’m clean, and when I release my financial statement (my decision) sometime prior to Election, it will only show one thing – that I am much richer than people even thought – And that is a good thing. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!”

There it is, the only thing Trump cares about is the perception of his wealth.

Last edited:
I listened to this exchange yesterday while I was driving:

Trump called into Fox and Friends and went off the rails.

Within a minute he's already spouting conspiracy theories and alleging a coup d'état. The one thing he gets right is that it will be a historic political scandal - just not in the way he thinks. It's so funny to watch the hosts die inside as he talks.

Last edited:
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/22/781827752/republican-senators-white-house-map-out-impeachment-trial

Republican Senators, White House Map Out Impeachment Trial

On Thursday, the White House hosted a group of GOP senators, including Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Ted Cruz of Texas, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and John Kennedy of Louisiana, according to congressional aides. An aide also confirmed that in addition to Cipollone, acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway attended the meeting.

The group discussed how a Senate trial could begin and how soon it could be dismissed. Separately, a congressional aide confirmed Washington Post reporting that there was also discussion on whether a Senate trial could last just two weeks: "It depends on how long the Democrats want to make their case," the aide said.

Graham, a key Trump ally and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters he wanted to make it clear to White House officials that a trial couldn't be dismissed before it started. He also shared that White House officials are still holding out hope that Trump may not get impeached by the House of Representatives.

"I think they were curious as to like 'What are you thinking about?' " when it comes to a possible Senate trial, Graham said. "They think they've got a better than 50/50 (chance) — that maybe this doesn't happen in the House. But I don't know ... so eventually we're going to have to cross that Rubicon."

The Thursday morning meeting was followed by a lunch among Trump and another group of Republican senators, including Mitt Romney of Utah, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, Susan Collins of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky and James Lankford of Oklahoma.

The gathering was part of a new, weekly effort by Trump to meet with various groups of Republican senators as the impeachment inquiry picks up steam. The senators said they discussed prescription drugs, proposals to ban flavored vaping products, trade legislation, as well as impeachment.

"I think he's understandably unable to defend himself," Capito said of Trump's impeachment talk. "He feels that whatever has come forward has been exactly what he says, 'useless,' so that was basically it. No surprises."

More at the link. Trump is circling the wagons, as expected, but already talking about a dismissal is a bit disconcerting.

New Documents Show Contact Between Mike Pompeo And Rudy Giuliani On Ukraine | The Last Word | MSNBC

On Friday evening, the State Department released nearly 100 pages of records in response to American Oversight’s lawsuit seeking a range of documents related to the Trump administration’s dealings with Ukraine.

Among other records, the production includes emails that confirm multiple contacts in March of 2019 between Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, at least one of which was facilitated by President Trump’s assistant Madeleine Westerhout.
https://www.americanoversight.org/state-department-releases-ukraine-documents-to-american-oversight

documents
https://www.documentcloud.org/docum...partment-Records-of-Giuliani-and-Ukraine.html

Trump impeachment: released documents reveal Giuliani-Pompeo links
Cache published under FOI act show paper trail between Trump’s lawyer and secretary of state to enable Ukraine smear plot
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...leased-documents-reveal-giuliani-pompeo-links

Isn't Nunes a classy guy?

“To be perfectly clear, I don’t acknowledge any questions from you in this lifetime or the next lifetime,” Nunes said. “I don’t acknowledge any question from you ever.”

Or maybe it is simply that he is realizing that he worked with the wrong people.

Giuliani associate willing to testify Nunes went to Europe for Biden dirt

Lev Parnas, an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani, would tell Congress that the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee met with an ex-Ukraine official to try to get information on Joe Biden, his lawyer says

Fiona Hill shatters GOP impeachment talking points

"I do think this is all going to blow up. And here we are."

Official - No Witchhunt!!!!!
Justice Dept. watchdog finds political bias did not taint top officials running the FBI’s Russia probe but documents errors

The Justice Department’s internal watchdog is expected to find in a forthcoming report that political bias did not taint top officials running the FBI investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign in 2016, while at the same time criticizing the bureau for systemic failures in its handling of surveillance applications, according to two U.S. officials.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...48-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html?tid=mr_2

Last edited:
So Giuliani has insurance against Trump and he is not a lawyer. This mess just gets more interesting by the minute.

Trump is dumb enough to say something to wind him up.

Maybe Shrek 1 or 2 will throw him under the bus first.

Nov. 12, 2019
Former national security adviser John Bolton derided President Donald Trump’s daughter and son-in-law during a private speech last week and suggested his former boss’ approach to U.S. policy on Turkey is motivated by personal or financial interests, several people who were present for the remarks told NBC News.

Bolton said he believes there is a personal or business relationship dictating Trump’s position on Turkey because none of his advisers are aligned with him on the issue, the people present said.

The Trump Organization has a property in Istanbul, and the president's daughter Ivanka Trump attended the opening with Erdogan in 2012. Though it’s a leasing agreement for use of the Trump name, Trump himself said in a 2015 interview that the arrangement presented “a little conflict of interest” should he be elected.
https://www.msnbc.com/katy-tur/watc...on-foreign-policy-business-acumen-73346117930