The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

This fucking tool now adamantly says the environment is extremely important, climate change is not a hoax, and that it was never a hoax.

At the same time, he's cutting regulations and taking away power from the EPA so pipelines and other infrastructure can be built.

It's Orwellian double speak. Is there any hope for Trump supporters to see the level of cynicism and hypocrisy anymore? @LeVeL ?

Trump talks out of both ends a lot. There were good people on both sides is the example that is best known.

Not exactly an "imminent threat" if the assassination was ordered 7 months ago.

The revising of history has begun, Trump is now claiming that it didn't matter if there was an imminent threat or not.

Last edited:
Stop listening to the words of the orange man, he could deny today what he will say tomorrow. It's wasted time, and the way he gets part of his power, confident in the fact that people will double-think everything he says. Watch his acts insteads, and most of all their incoherent, aimless direction.

Generally I agree with you, but if we let his rhetoric go unchallenged we are complicit in normalizing his behavior and rationale. Also, I could link to the news articles about what Trump said, but that tends to result in certain members crying "fake news" because they don't like what they are hearing. This is straight from Trump, without any interpretation or media to get in the way - it makes it harder for someone to argue bias.

Last edited:
I understand your position.

Let's get to a middle ground. Do not take his words seriously.

It's kind of hard to not take someone seriously when they have the power to lead us into war, as he's nearly done more than once. Someone who can be so easily baited should not be the president; as much as it pains me, you kind of have to take his rhetoric seriously.

It's kind of hard to not take someone seriously when they have the power to lead us into war, as he's nearly done more than once.

When we had Berlusconi, everybody was laughing, and it was terrible. The man would say anything, and then some more, if it could profit him. Now, the party who would get one third of the votes if there was an election has an aggressive, violent liar leader who likes to provoke others.

In both cases, it is clear that taking them too seriously is what they want. If you take those people seriously, they will take you around in a time-consuming tail-chase, or they will provoke you, or they will send you screaming against unimportant topics. They want you to take their BS seriously, so they can manipulate you easily.

Stay focused, laugh at them (respectfully), show their inconsistencies, make fun of them when they try to bait you into aggressiveness. Think ahead about what they want and how they may try to get it.

Do quote what they say, but show that you know that they are just running around in circles to avoid the real problems and their own shortcomings.

Trump is not in control of his actions, he acts out of instincts, with very low planning or forward-thiking. It shows, and it is what will fall him. And I hope not the US with him. But you can't pin him down with logic alone, because his electors do not mind him lying once every two words.

Someone who can be so easily baited should not be the president

I agree completely. Putin does too, as did when he helped him get elected. By the way, Berlusconi was a big "friend of Putin" too, and often had holidays as Putin's guest...

Last edited:
I understand your position.

Let's get to a middle ground. Do not take his words seriously.

When he Tweets orders and policy, you have to take what he Tweets seriously. Before he was running for office, he was easy to mock and ignore. Now we have to point out his words.

Besides, the middle ground is what got us here. Everybody assumed the Republicans would see through his mountain of B.S.. What happened is it got pointed out and they all chanted "Fake News" in unison.

Besides, the middle ground is what got us here.

I intented a middle ground between me and Blind_Io

Everybody assumed the Republicans would see through his mountain of B.S. What happened is it got pointed out and they all chanted "Fake News" in unison.

The same that happened with Berlusconi, the same that is happening in Italy, in Britain, in France. Actually, BSters have now discovered they can go as boldly and shamelessly as they want, because nothing is "too much" anymore.

Extreme freedom of expression together with extreme individualism, extreme relativism, extreme isolation and uselessly big amounts of messages and information means everybody builds up their own reality, and detachment from reality is not only not punished or frowned upon, but even encouraged. Clearly, for liars, conmen, manipulators, this is like candyland.

It will end up in the loss of these freedoms.

The Republican defending every single thing that Trump does is not acting rationally. They "want to believe", and as long as they are in this state, they expect "the bad guys" to criticize and get angry. They expect each of those criticism to be "fake news" because Trump cannot be wrong (by default) and they are sure that the more the critics will be angry and detailed and numerous, the more it will mean that Trump is acting well, so this will reinforce the idea of being right.

There is no -rational- way out.

Two things will change their mind: 1) When Trump's actions will bite their a** and they will suddenly and personally discover that he actually doesn't listen, doesn't care, doesn't keep his word. 2)If the reaction to Trump words is different (much, much different) than what they expected.

It's the same that happens on the road: if the other guy expects anger (thus fear or frustration) in return for his actions, an answer showing a dominant calm and openness will startle them (even if the answer is a well-played ironic or jokingly stupid one), because their brain will start seeking for the hidden elements that are giving the edge to the other person).

I see staying silent as an endorsement, and I will not do so.

Re troops going to Saudi Arabia

So the USA is now just loaning out troops.

I see staying silent as an endorsement, and I will not do so.

You do not have to stay silent, at all. Still, I think it is way better to take it calmly.

After all, the situation is desperate, but not serious anymore.

You do not have to stay silent, at all. Still, I think it is way better to take it calmly.

After all, the situation is desperate, but not serious anymore.

Desperate is serious.