The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

John Bolton: The Scandal of Trump's China Policy

"explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. ... Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do."

"Trump then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability and pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...of-trumps-china-policy/ar-BB15CsiI?li=BBnb7Kz

In reference to Bolton, I find it laughable that the administration called him a liar and hack while the impeachment was goin on, but now the DOJ is suing to stop the books release. So more than a little bit of it must be true, they can't classify lies...

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/18/8798...o-fires-news-chiefs-raising-fears-of-meddling

Trump's New Foreign Broadcasting CEO Fires News Chiefs, Raising Fears Of Meddling

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/18/829858289/supreme-court-upholds-daca-in-blow-to-trump-administration

Supreme Court Rules Against Trump Administration In DACA Case

A narrowly divided Supreme Court extended Thursday a life-support line to some 650,000 so-called DREAMers, allowing them to remain safe from deportation for now, while the Trump administration jumps through the administrative hoops that the court said are required before ending the program.

The vote was 5-to-4, with Chief Justice John Roberts casting the decisive fifth vote that sought to bridge the liberal and conservative wings of the court.

Roberts and the court's four liberal justices said the Department of Homeland Security's decision to rescind DACA was arbitrary and capricious under the Administrative Procedure Act. (Read the decision here.)

In his opinion, Roberts wrote: "The appropriate recourse is therefore to remand to DHS so that it may reconsider the problem anew."

Begun in 2012, the DACA program gave temporary protection from deportation to qualified individuals brought to the U.S. illegally as children. Under the program, the DREAMers were allowed to work legally and apply for college loans if they met certain requirements and passed a background check.

President Trump sought to end the program shortly after he took office, maintaining that it was illegal and unconstitutional from the start.

But he was blocked by the lower courts and appealed to the Supreme Court, where Thursday the justices divided over both substance and timing.

The muddled state of play likely prevents the administration from enacting any plans to begin deportations immediately, but there is little doubt that should President Trump be reelected, the second-term president almost certainly would seek to end the program.

Justice Clarence Thomas, in his dissent, wrote: "Today's decision must be recognized for what it is: an effort to avoid a politically controversial but legally correct decision."

President Trump sought to end the program shortly after he took office, maintaining that it was illegal and unconstitutional from the start.

But he was blocked by the lower courts and appealed to the Supreme Court, where Thursday the justices divided over both substance and timing.

The muddled state of play likely prevents the administration from enacting any plans to begin deportations immediately, but there is little doubt that should President Trump be reelected, the second-term president almost certainly would seek to end the program.

Justice Clarence Thomas, in his dissent, wrote: "Today's decision must be recognized for what it is: an effort to avoid a politically controversial but legally correct decision."

So popular has the DACA program been that the Senate Republican leadership not once, but twice, worked closely with Democrats to work out a deal to protect the Dreamers, only to have Trump renege at the last moment.

What Trump will do before the November election is anyone's guess. The heart of his political base is opposed to immigration in just about every form. But this is no ordinary time.

Amid pandemic and racial crisis, the court's ruling is likely to focus on yet another issue where the president is at odds with public sentiment, while at the same time putting Republican officeholders between the rock of their president's views, and the hard place of their own reelection bids.

Such a reasonable person...

Last edited:
The Trump campaign is running ads with a point-down red triangle and accusing political opponents of being allies of anti-fascists.

The triangle was used by Nazis in WWII concentration camps to brand political prisoners who opposed fascism. If you search "upside down triangle" the entire first page, including Wikipedia state clearly this is a Nazi symbol.

What a weird twisted world we live in where being an ally to anti-fascists could be considered bad.

I do find it hilarious that the Trumpets created an enemy, then when it didn't show up, declared victory. Has to be some Astroturfing going on there...

I honestly wonder if this is the America Trump's defenders want or if they won't admit they were wrong about Trump for the sake of their own ego. I've noticed that I haven't heard from any of his defenders for most of 2020 - and not just the ones here on FG. About the only place I see them left is trolling Reddit and the occasional InfoWarrior ride, but I put those in the same category as the people who plaster "Jesus is an Alien Stonemason" all over their vehicle.

Surprise!!!

Mueller raised possibility Trump lied to him, newly unsealed report reveals

Special counsel Robert Mueller examined whether President Donald Trump lied to him in written answers during the Russia investigation, a possibility House Democrats have said they continue to look into even after Trump's impeachment.

"(Michael) Cohen recalled a conversation in which Roger Stone told Trump that WikiLeaks planned to release information soon, and Manafort recalled that Trump had asked him to stay in touch with Stone about WikiLeaks," the report says.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/19/politics/mueller-report-rerelease-fewer-redactions/index.html

John Bolton's book can be sold, despite the White House's attempt to block it.

https://apnews.com/dd4d178b8050739c915e455e022347ae
I think they knew that, but just wanted to dox him.

“He’s the Chosen One to Run America”: Inside the Cult of Trump, His Rallies Are Church and He Is the Gospel

Trump’s rallies—a bizarre mishmash of numerology, tweetology, and white supremacy—are the rituals by which he stamps his name on the American dream. As he prepares to resume them for the first time in months, his followers are ready to receive.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...p-his-rallies-are-church-and-he-is-the-gospel

Barr's testimony on this should be interesting.

You can't make this sh*t up; human creativity can never beat reality.

I like this analogy.

This is what his people called it by the way.

Rudy Giuliani just went on national TV and accidentally admitted the removal was to obsctruct justice.

Fuck the entire GOP for this.