The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Run against him. lol

I don't think a social democracy (on my best day) candidate would do well in rural Missouri.
meh, lie your ass off, say all the things they want.

meh, lie your ass off, say all the things they want.
And be "authentic". When asked people said Trump was "authentic" vs Hillary. Basically they were saying yeah he's a liar but I can't tell with Hillary. Oh also don't be a women.

Hawley like Nikki Haley are trying to grab the brass ring that is Trump supporters golden child. Though I think for many of these dreamers they will fail to capture the lightening in the bottle that Trump did. Hawley would probably be easily broken down as a fancy boy, an elite with his private schools, and sissy clubs.

Yesterday was one of the longest weeks of my life. I did some damage to a bottle of bourbon and ended the day optimistically wandering through the blasted, smoking, post-apocalyptic ruins of the US in Fallout to cheer myself up.

I can't remember when I posted it, but I recall predicting that Trump's narcissism was going to result in a rage; this is what narcissistic rage looks like when the subject has access to a cult of willing followers. I know I've been blasted in the past for comparing Trump's psychology and tactics to Hitler's in the 1930s; we just reached the Beer Hall Putsch.

There is this idea that Trump is not willing to accept the results; it's not that he's unwilling, he's unable to comprehend or accept that he lost. Anything that doesn't serve him and his ego will result in a rage, we've seen that in smaller doses on Twitter for the last 5 years; the larger the perceived slight, the bigger the rage. Being a "loser" and not getting a second term simply does not fit into his mind, he cannot comprehend not being the "winner" because it's a delusional part of his identity; he would pass a lie detector test because he honestly believes it.

This gets us to the mob of insurrectionists. Every single one of the insurrectionists at the Capitol is there to do one thing: serve Trump's ego. His Flying Monkeys are in a twisted codependent relationship with Trump the same way members of a cult are with their leader or someone is with an abusive partner; their very identity, their sense of self, is defined by their relationship with Trump - and they honestly believe that it's a 2-way relationship. This is why Trump is dangerous, and why his destruction will not end on January 20th; his followers cannot separate themselves from him, it would be like asking them to detach one of their limbs. Most of us cannot relate to this mindset, we have a boundary that defines "me" from "not-me"; this boundary is what helps define our identities.

As a side note: The Capitol Police who let in the insurrectionists and took selfies with them should not just be fired; they need to be criminally prosecuted as co-conspirators and for sedition.

Last edited:

I have a few issues with this. Let me stress that it would be tremendously satisfying to see him successfully impeached.

But: First of all, an impeachment takes time to prepare. Congress needs time to do it properly. Another failed impeachment would be far worse than not trying to do it.
In the meantime Trump would still be in office and warned, being able to do whatever damage he can think of in a spree of revengeful destruction.

The 25th amendment should be a quicker way to remove him from office. I do not know, however, if there is any possibility to appeal against that, have it declared unlawful by a court or whatever. I fear that this would also have at least political, if not legal implications reaching into Biden's term as president.

Frankly, removing Trump now, not even two weeks from the end of his term, looks like petty revenge, or at least will be seen like that by him and his supporters. I honestly think it would be better not to bother, and let him go out normally and make a fool of himself doing it. I do however see the danger he poses with every minute he's at the helm.

On the other hand, I also agree that the US as a country must show that the President is not above the law. Well, they failed to do so for four years. But I'd prefer to have him receive a proper and appeal-proof conviction in court.

Please, as I am not a US citizen I do not know the laws and customs of the country as you USians. Be gentle when you rip me a new one because I'm totally wrong. ;)

Please, as I am not a US citizen I do not know the laws and customs of the country as you USians. BE gentle when you rip me a new one because I'm totally wrong. ;)

We are in a position where no one knows.

The 25th seems implausible if only because so many Cabinet members are either sycophants or "acting". The acting secretary have not been senate approved and thus are acting at the hand of the president. I doubt that Mike Pompeo who's goal it running for president wants to be apart of that...

Impeachment does have a rapid response format. Basically the House Impeaches for abuse of power the Senate votes to remove. It would be a question if McConnell could control the caucus or muster the needed 19 votes from Republicans.

Last edited:
These are the people that Trump was calling with those dog whistles.

I have a few issues with this. Let me stress that it would be tremendously satisfying to see him successfully impeached.

But: First of all, an impeachment takes time to prepare. Congress needs time to do it properly. Another failed impeachment would be far worse than not trying to do it.
In the meantime Trump would still be in office and warned, being able to do whatever damage he can think of in a spree of revengeful destruction.

The 25th amendment should be a quicker way to remove him from office. I do not know, however, if there is any possibility to appeal against that, have it declared unlawful by a court or whatever. I fear that this would also have at least political, if not legal implications reaching into Biden's term as president.

Frankly, removing Trump now, not even two weeks from the end of his term, looks like petty revenge, or at least will be seen like that by him and his supporters. I honestly think it would be better not to bother, and let him go out normally and make a fool of himself doing it. I do however see the danger he poses with every minute he's at the helm.

On the other hand, I also agree that the US as a country must show that the President is not above the law. Well, they failed to do so for four years. But I'd prefer to have him receive a proper and appeal-proof conviction in court.

Please, as I am not a US citizen I do not know the laws and customs of the country as you USians. Be gentle when you rip me a new one because I'm totally wrong. ;)

While it would be nice, I doubt these cunts have the backbone to remove him.

Just 20 Republican Senators needed to grow a backbone and rid ourselves of this meddlesome priest of lies

Just 20 Republican Senators needed to grow a backbone and rid ourselves of this meddlesome priest of lies
They didn't 1 year ago, did they?

True but a year ago they all thought being close with Trump was good for them politically
Until enough of them actually speak out together, they're all the same to me.

Democrats: "Trump is corrupt as fuck, we're impeaching him. Do you stand with your party or your country?"
GOP: "MAGA!! WOOOOOOOOoooooooo! Acquit him without a trial! MAGA, fuckers! (chugs beer)"

(Later)
Trump: "Go storm the Capitol!"
Mob of walking cum-crusts: "Fuck yeah! Storm the Reichstag! MAGAAAAAAA!" (Runs off to storm the Senate)
GOP: "What?! I never thought this angry MAGA-Mob would kick me out of my office!"

Democrats: "Yo, GOP. You sure about that impeachment thing? Don't want to phone a friend? How about we try again and we give you a chance to change your answer and, y'know, not side with the guys waving the flag of seditious traitors while wearing Nazi shirts?"

This is an absolute gift to the GOP; they would be asking the House to send over Articles of Impeachment yesterday if they had two brain cells to rub together out of the whole party.