The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

just watched The Five where Dena Perino lost control of Watters and Gutfeld who said we're not all Americans anymore

Democrats: "Trump is corrupt as fuck, we're impeaching him. Do you stand with your party or your country?"
GOP: "MAGA!! WOOOOOOOOoooooooo! Acquit him without a trial! MAGA, fuckers! (chugs beer)"

(Later)
Trump: "Go storm the Capitol!"
Mob of walking cum-crusts: "Fuck yeah! Storm the Reichstag! MAGAAAAAAA!" (Runs off to storm the Senate)
GOP: "What?! I never thought this angry MAGA-Mob would kick me out of my office!"

Democrats: "Yo, GOP. You sure about that impeachment thing? Don't want to phone a friend? How about we try again and we give you a chance to change your answer and, y'know, not side with the guys waving the flag of seditious traitors while wearing Nazi shirts?"

This is an absolute gift to the GOP; they would be asking the House to send over Articles of Impeachment yesterday if they had two brain cells to rub together out of the whole party.

This is the one and only time they can divorce themselves from Trumpsim and look sort of good for doing it. That just means they will then latch on to some other crazy ideal and ride it until it blows up in their face.

I said it before:

"We ought to carve T into their forehead so anytime they talk we are reminded they voted for Trump"

You would think they would want more than anything something to wash away this sin

I'm really amused (and simultaneously saddened) by the fact that the dumbasses that are rioting over the result of a fair election don't realize that in many other countries speaking out the way they are would literally have them killed.

I didn't like Trump from the get-go but congratulations, thanks to you retard liberals I love the guy because he makes your panties bunch up over nothing and it's hilarious.

Oh, man...going back and reading the first pages of this thread are...a bit sad-larious. Has anyone else done some of this recently?

Oh, man...going back and reading the first pages of this thread are...a bit sad-larious. Has anyone else done some of this recently?

I wonder what @LeVeL thinks about all of this. To bad he lost his backbone and fled.

Hey look, he sounds almost reasonable while spouting all these less than truthful comments.

Hey look, he sounds almost reasonable while spouting all these less than truthful comments.

Why are his legit addresses showing him slightly out of focus? Biden's not like that.

The rats keep jumping Betsy DeVos resigned because the last 14 days makes a difference.

Huh, weird, Elaine Chao who has been our DOT leader for a while is married to Mitch, no wonder shit doesn't work right.

"I immediately deployed the national guard"...after not deploying it for some time while watching the events on TV, until the D.C. Mayor had to pressure Pence...

Yup, I did that a little while ago. It confirmed my opinion of the Trump supporters we used to have here.

I wonder what @LeVeL thinks about all of this. To bad he lost his backbone and fled.
When did he have a backbone? All I ever noticed was issues with anger management, dissenting opinions and other people’s authority.

What little backbone he had.

Unfortunately, the possibilities are high that he is just defending what in his mind is a righteous protest.

Just today a couple of contacts of mine explained the situation in such a twisted manner that the Capitol Hill protest, break-in and ransacking was "a peaceful protest against vote fraud and against groups of power all over the world conspiring to force people into slavery and destroy democracy for good", where "a woman, a soldier, a patriot, was shot in cold blood by a fellow agent of police who should have been on her side".

Yes, it is that bad, between cult mentality, fanaticism, complete detachment from reality and -an awful lot- of hate, anger, rage, indignation.

But it is not the ideas that strikes me, it's the anger. It is the same spouted rage coming from the insane left, the same hate flying aroung during the pillages and clashes, the same deaf scream. It's like the outburst of a madman.

It happens when people are so rife with anger that they literaly lose contact with reality.

It comes about because people have been bombarded for years, decades, with insanities, hate, divisions, and they have been taught not to respect "the others", because they can't expect any respect back, that they are for good and everyone else is evil.

It's group thinking, it's polarization, it's populism, it's lies. It leads to violence.

LeV was submerged by this, and today the chances are high that he is saying the same things that I heard from those people I mentioned.

We must defuse hate, not let it carry us along. Do not mock LeV or people like him: he was wrong on many things, and he was at times unbearable, but mocking him or those who think in the same way (whatever the political orientation) as him is only going to push them even farther from reality.

According to NPR today, we should expect articles of impeachment around the middle of next week. House Democrats are saying they want Pence and the cabinet to invoke the 25th or they will proceed with impeachment proceedings.

I don't think the 25th is a great way to go, it gives Trump an "out" for accountability by saying he's unfit - essentially opening the door to an "insanity" type defense, that he's not in a state of mind to know his own actions. This would cut the legs out from under any prosecution and it removes the criminal intentionality that is so critical for a case.

On the other hand, impeachment would potentially cause a constitutional crisis of its own; which Senate would try the case? The GOP controlled Senate that exists when the articles are delivered and Trump is in office, or the Democratic controlled Senate that will exist under the incoming administration. The idea of the following administration putting the previous one on trial has major problems, as it would open the door for the GOP to impeach any future Democrat in the closing weeks of their administration, regardless of the validity of the claims against them. It would potentially further break down the peaceful transition of power. I certainly don't want that, but I also want Trump held accountable and for his actions to be appropriately chronicled within the context of his time. We need to send a message that this insurrection can never happen again.

That might be why middle of next week. All the other new Senators have been seated. So 67 I think to convict 50/50 split 17 Republicans needed McConnell would be looking for 20 to guarantee.

On the other hand, impeachment would potentially cause a constitutional crisis of its own; which Senate would try the case?
Impeachment is a tool against government officials. After Biden is sworn in Trump is just a Florida crybaby so impeachment is off the table, is the way I understand it.

Looking at the photos of the Capitol destruction just made me think "this is like keying your own car." Our tax dollars now have to fix this shit.

Impeachment is a tool against government officials. After Biden is sworn in Trump is just a Florida crybaby so impeachment is off the table, is the way I understand it.
If Trump is impeached, removed from office, and convicted, he can also be disallowed from running for public office.