The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I have to laugh at all these fuckwits crying about how this is such a major violation of the 1st amendment. I deal with these kinds of people all the time as part of my job, and they all think "right to free speech" means they can say anything they want anywhere they want unimpeded. These are all private businesses, you agreed to their TOS when you signed up, if you violate those rules then you're out. Places like Twitter are under no obligation to provide you with a platform to spew your bullshit, using it isn't a right it's a privilege, and it can be taken away at any time for any reason. You don't like it, tough shit.

I gotten so many emails from people who've threatened me with physical violence, gun violence, and more lawsuits than I can remember. All because they got banned for being an asshole on our website.

They seem genuinely afraid of the prospect. I'm not too sure why though. This is the party that ran Martha Mcsally twice for a Senate seat and lost both times... They have to know their political horse sence is broken.

They seem genuinely afraid of the prospect. I'm not too sure why though. This is the party that ran Martha Mcsally twice for a Senate seat and lost both times... They have to know their political horse sence is broken.
Messaging is one thing Republicans are freakishly good at, and I don't meant to their rabid base that would believe them if they said oxygen was a communist plot, but to the vast majority of underinformed and/or apathetic Americans. However, that can break down if enough light is cast on it.

If the Dems don't impeach, they can split their mouths and claim to their base that what happened wasn't so bad, because then some action would have been taken. If the Dems do impeach, it puts the onus on the Republican Senate to be seen to do something, and 10 days to the inauguration is still a lot of time.

Keep in mind that Pence is very much a party man, so the comment keeping the 25th on the table is part of a coordinated strategy with multiple pieces that don't always make headlines, like how McConnell adjourned the Senate (minus some pro forma sessions where no business will occur) and stated it won't reconvene earlier than January 19th unless all 100 Senators agree to do so. Which is guaranteed not to occur so long as Howley, Cruz, Cotton, and the other fascists breathe.

What are the chances even a quarter as many Americans saw that report as saw the news about the Capitol mob? Very little. And if Pence's carrot on a stick gets the Dems to not move forward with impeachment, the spotlight would never be put on that, letting McConnell and Senate R's pretend their hands are tied due to procedural rules they themselves set.

There is un underlying thematic lurking around banning political figures from social platforms, though.

We have been using -private- spaces as public, so we have given immense strength to those who own and control those spaces. And they can allow or disallow who they want.

We have private, unelected people deciding who can speak and who cannot. Everything is fine if this power is used properly (like in thise case), but what happens if it's used to undermine democracy and push only certain ideas?

I don't think it's a good thing to rejoice too much about Trump being banned. It's a lose-lose situation: if he stays, it's bad. If he goes, it's maybe just a little bit less bad.

Either way, we've got a problem on our hands that is going to become huge at some point.

4tdtGUe.jpg

Is this going to be the new equivalent of the "Trump can still win, here's how" flood of messages from December?

Is this going to be the new equivalent of the "Trump can still win, here's how" flood of messages from December?

I can't get to the article either, but the Tweets say this is a way to keep Trump from running again.

At the end of the trial, the Senate votes on whether to convict the official on any or all the impeachment charges brought by the House of Representatives. A conviction requires a two-thirds vote by the Senate. A conviction on any charge of impeachment results in removal from office.

Here's the key part when it comes to preventing Trump from seeking the presidency again.

Following a conviction, the Senate could hold a second vote to block an impeached official from holding another office, and that requires only a simple majority of the Senate to pass. The chamber has never used that power on a president, but it has been invoked three times in US history against federal judges, including most recently in 2010 against now former US District Court Judge G. Thomas Porteous Jr.

And that's how Trump could wind up barred from ever running for president again.

He was already impeached, why can't they just vote on the existing impeachment?

He was already impeached, why can't they just vote on the existing impeachment?

This feels like an age ago, but...didn't they, and they said "nope"? Does impeachment have something like "double jeopardy"?

Does this mean Trump is on double secret probation?