The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Well he's already discussing breaking up the Republican party. So good news

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the patriot party

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure that any dumb things the next president may say will amuse rather than horrify us. That alone will be a blessed relief.

This is dangerous as it will not make them any less dumb. That's my main worry actually, everything just goes back to status quo, Media outlets barring Fox news go back to gushing over the state rather than satanize it (I should point out what they should actually do is limit themselves to report it). Any complains or dissent from the party line will be swiftly met with "Well, at least he's not Trump" or "You don't like it because you're racist/a nazi/whatever", and even questionable decisions are smiled upon because we did it, we defeated Mousseolini and this will be so much better.

Biden has a low bar to clear to be more presidential than Trump. I would like for him to push for a reasonable, comprehensive immigration reform (Open borders is still bad as is creating another "Temporary" status protection program that will extend for the next 25 years.), do nothing to hamper small business or erode the American middle class, and don't send guns to my neck of the woods like his BFF did. I'm okay with him otherwise. However, I would like for all of his decisions to undergo just exactly the same scrutiny as everything Trump did since "...and some, I assume, are good people." Otherwise you will just continue doing a disservice to your own nation, only by omission rather than works.

I am expectant to see his first 100 days. I am expecting a very lowkey presidency as he basically overrules most of Trumps executive orders like Trump did Obama's, hopefully without ruling by mandate himself. Once that is done we'll see if he will actually undertake efforts for the betterment of the country, or fall into the same neoliberal nonsense that has plagued the US for decades. I hope for the former. I expect the latter.

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, join the patriot party
He should've just been honest (lol) and called it the Hatriot Party

Well, it's been a long four-five years, hasn't it? I'm pretty sure everyone is somehow worse off after this. Generally I feel it's ridiculous that people not living in said country would have to give so much attention to a presidential term, but each day has been dumber than the previous one. Here on the forums it seems to me that the division has also been observable and there probably are some deep scars left. It's not even about what happened or what was done, but how any talking point was used as a nuke in a weaponized conversation where there wouldn't be any winners.

Still, I think there are some points that stand:

1) You can give a platform to anyone that offers nothing but "a fresh new stance" with some generic racket
2) You can find people who will support them even if you can tell the only thing they are driving is personal gain
3) You can support any issue as long as it pisses The Other Side off
4) This can happen anywhere
5) The orange man was bad

The effects of this presidency are not over - we are going to be finding skeletons for decades, and that's not even getting to the social ramifications of what he's done. He's already talking about starting a new political party, the gaping wound he's left in the nation is not going to heal just because he's not in office, and once things start getting declassified (possibly decades from now) we will have a better picture of what the effects really were.

Trump is still out there, he's still a massive security risk to the nation, and still the defacto leader of the Alt-Right and similar groups. Q-Anon is already losing their collective shit today.

Unfortunately, this isn't over - but at least he has no official power anymore.

The most hardcore of QAnon will of course continue to make up and spew out lots of crazy BS, but a large amount of those who believed in the shit will now undoubtedly feel duped. Much like many followers of televangeilsts who made prophecies about Trumps reelection and that God had sealed the election results in heaven and that he would therefore for sure win this. God is all powerful, you know...

Last edited:

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the patriot party

Someone on reddit made a logo for the party:

1611176625029.png

Every time there was a small victory @benjaminwittes fired his mini cannon in tribute :

The New York Times is reporting that the House will send articles of impeachment to the Senate on Monday, beginning the second impeachment trial of Donald Trump.

The New York Times is reporting that the House will send articles of impeachment to the Senate on Monday, beginning the second impeachment trial of Donald Trump.
One more impeachment and he gets a free toaster.

^ Or hamberders.

Where did that come from by the way? Why are hamburgers called "hamberders" with Trump?

*checks notes*

Oh, a tweet, of course.

Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General​

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/politics/jeffrey-clark-trump-justice-department-election.html

^ Or hamberders.

Where did that come from by the way? Why are hamburgers called "hamberders" with Trump?

*checks notes*

Oh, a tweet, of course.

The oranges of hamberder is the media's unfair covfefe.