The Ultimate OS X Thread

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
:dunno:

I've got a 2011 iMac which currently is hooked up (well, figuratively) to a Logitech MX Performance. I used a MX518 before that. No problems, ever.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
:dunno:

I've got a 2011 iMac which currently is hooked up (well, figuratively) to a Logitech MX Performance. I used a MX518 before that. No problems, ever.
Of course I'd get a Mac that doesn't "just work" lol

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
I should also add that I've owned (or own) a Powerbook G4, a pre-unibody Macbook Pro, a 13-inch Unibody Macbook, two 13-inch Macbook Airs and a Mac Mini. :p Never ever had a problem with USB peripherals.

As a mac user, you might have to skip the 59 euro printer and go for the 79 euro one with Mac drivers. Unless you googled and found out that the cheaper model works anyway, of course. Normal cheap keyboards and mice always work. Doesn't matter who made them.

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I should also add that I've owned (or own) a Powerbook G4, a pre-unibody Macbook Pro, a 13-inch Unibody Macbook, two 13-inch Macbook Airs and a Mac Mini. Never ever had a problem with USB peripherals.

As a mac user, you might have to skip the 59 euro printer and go for the 79 euro one with Mac drivers. Unless you googled and found out that the cheaper model works anyway, of course. Normal cheap keyboards and mice always work. Doesn't matter who made them.
In that case I'll swap out the kbd and mouse, re apply the energy saver policy we've pushed via Casper and give it a go.

If it doesn't work I'll call Apple support because even though I'll likely disable the energy saver policy again so I can remote in, the machine has to be in perfect condition in case it goes elsewhere.