The Ultimate macOS Thread

I'm fully converted, mostly because i'm a smartphone user. try it for a day or three and you'll like it. or at lease be able to use it fine.

I've converted as well, though it doesn't really make any difference. One isn't really better than the other.. But at least I can switch very easily between Windows "normal" scrolls and Mac "Natural" scroll :)

I have no idea how the first one showed up. You can just just drag and drop an item into the toolbar. The second icon I did tonight just testing how the hell I accidentally did the first one.There is honestly no option to remove the icon. I can't drag it out, I can't delete it.. there's nothing I can find right now.

Gotta say airdrop is pretty awesome.

Its a nice to have feature. Certainly can be handy for transfering cad files, etc around if you're doing a group project.

Resolution looks a bit off, or is that just the picture?

I've been debating about upgrading to Lion.... Is it really worth it? Do you need to be a mega user to notice any difference or will I as a mild user notice significant performance and usability improvement?

I've been debating about upgrading to Lion.... Is it really worth it? Do you need to be a mega user to notice any difference or will I as a mild user notice significant performance and usability improvement?

don't bother, it fucked up more than it fixed

I'm a mild user, if that, and I definitely noticed a few differences.

iTunes runs a lot faster for me. It was almost unusable with Snow Leopard, now its very snappy and doesn't give me any problems. Actually, the whole system seems to run a bit snappier than before.

Expose or whatever its called now is improved over Snow Leopard, since it gives you windows grouped by application, not just a thousand equally sized windows to choose from.

The system takes a bit longer to boot up with Lion, but once you log in you are good to go, no having to wait for the system to fully boot up while staring at the desktop.

Other than that I can't think of anything much different. The new animations for opening/closing windows and notifications is a nice touch.. and my mouse no longer wakes up the screen. Thats about it.

Honestly, the $30 was worth having iTunes and the overall system run quicker.

don't bother, it fucked up more than it fixed

What did it fuck up?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Might wait for the first update - Everything runs fine on my MBP. No speed issues with iTunes or start up. No lag, no freezing...

Thanks for the tips.