The Upcoming Series 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AML

aka Aston Martin Lagonda
So it will start in 8'th October 2006, strange to me that a precise date of upcoming season is known already, any facts about what will apear in the autumn?

Sory if doublepost, but if not please stick it. 8)

mod edit (SL65) : thread title

Most TV-Channels has their program ready atleast 6 months ahead to prevent doublebooking etc. I reckon the new series will be the same old, starting with a collage of upcoming things in the first episode and then the usual stuff with maybe som new twist and turns, nonetheless it will be great! Can't wait!

i just thought of something. since it's starting on the 8th of october, does that mean we will get a nice new long series of Top Gear?? because the Fall series always ends around mid or late December. A possibilty of 10 episodes or something?

Well, season six had eleven episodes so that can turn out to be correct ;)

I don't mind shorter seasons - if that keeps them from running out of ideas, then let them shorten the seasons.. :)

I'd much rather have 6 great episodes, than 11 mediocre episodes..

I beg to differ. From the past collages, we can see that many films are left out at the end of the seasons. So they acually have alot more to show. I don't know why they dun extend the series so that they can show all the films.
I really wanted to watch the one where Hammond gets shot while in the car. One thing I do hope is that series 9 will look less staged. Series 8 was kinda "unnatural" to me

There was already another thread regarding the next series but I prefer the title of this one.

Stickied and return date included to thread title....

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! YOU SPOILER!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

j/k

dice said:
Most TV-Channels has their program ready atleast 6 months ahead to prevent doublebooking etc. I reckon the new series will be the same old, starting with a collage of upcoming things in the first episode and then the usual stuff with maybe som new twist and turns, nonetheless it will be great! Can't wait!
Must be nice to have things set 6 months in advance. Here in the US, you are lucky to have next weeks TV guide to be correct. Program directors will fiddle with the time and day up until the last week, and even then it could change. I remember wanting to watch a show a few years ago at 8pm, so I set my recorder for it. And at the beginning of my tape it says that show has been moved to the next night, so I could watch a totally different show instead. I looked on the internet about it, and as far as I could tell there was no advance warning, nor was there a news or sport item to pre-empt it. Oddly now I can't for the life of me remember what show it was.

Martin

::American that wishes he lived in Europe alert::

Yeah American TV is totally unreliable, you just have to pray everything stays the same.

I remember last year getting all excited to watch TG on Discovery and finding out ITS BEEN CANCELED WITHOUT WARNING :x

I am always reading about Jeremy and Co. going to the states and filming stuff, probably american cars, but they never show this on normal Top Gear shows. Why is that?

_HighVoltage_ said:
I am always reading about Jeremy and Co. going to the states and filming stuff, probably american cars, but they never show this on normal Top Gear shows. Why is that?
This should help ;)

Just curious, have they finished filming for the series about to start in October?

Gavino said:
Just curious, have they finished filming for the series about to start in October?
Probably a lot of it, but it's normal that they make new material while the first episodes of the series are running.

dice said:
Gavino said:
Probably a lot of it, but it's normal that they make new material while the first episodes of the series are running.

I see. Because I was filming Hammond at Silverstone on friday and was curious which series it was for.

Oh...what was he doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.