The Upcoming Series 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who has final say on transmission date - the beeb or the presenters and Wilman?
Personally,as i've said before, I would rather the programmes go out with all 3 presenters, even if it means waiting - just as a mark of respect for the battle the guy's putting up.
The beeb wouldn't have anything to lose - if anything, viewing figures will be higher than ever when he returns.
However, I sense the old "show must go on" attitude emerging now, and I suspect that as soon as Hammond leaves hospital and goes home to recuperate, a transmission date will be announced for the show to go out without him "with his blessing" as it were.

Judd Sandage said:
well since the filming started yesterday and they normaly film the studio segments the week before I am going to predect the start of the new season to be next weekend the 15th... though if it were to start on the 8th like it was supposed to I wouldent mind...

Well, they started filming one of their "films" which they shoot weeks, sometimes even months in advance. Yes, they shoot the in-studio segments during the week before the weekend air-date, but the voice-overed, slickly edited pieces are done way ahead of time...that is what they were shoting. I believe it was Clarkson in the new Lotus Europa.

lotus.500.jpg

nj?

At least there's Fifth Gear which is already running. Better than nothing but it's not the same. FG should run when TG is off air and vice versa...

gtrietsc said:
Maybe get Sabine to fill in?

I don't think so. She's presenting a programme called DMotor on DMAX (German TV)...a very poor copy of TG. Even worse than new FG. You do not want to see that ;)

Crap, sorry I meant only the first 5 pictures :oops: All the others are from a year ago.

Probably the Europa, you can see the side vent there.

Jamesd said:
Probably the Europa, you can see the side vent there.
It is the Europa, it was in one of the papers (Metro I think).

i got this from another member of a another forum i use:

Richard said:
Good news guys, I was at the MPH 06 show at the NEC in Birmingham today, and James May appeared on a stage in the classic show, and was asked the question "When will Top Gear be back?" to which he responded "I don't know if I am meant to officially tell you yet, but you can expect to see it in January, maybe in the second week, on a Sunday, at 8PM on BBC2"

:)

Sweet.

I just saw in my TV guide that there will be a TG ep next Sunday (November 5) at the usual time. Is this a rerun or best of or something? I can't believe they'd start new ones already.

I just saw in my TV guide that there will be a TG ep next Sunday (November 5) at the usual time. Is this a rerun or best of or something? I can't believe they'd start new ones already.

My Sky+ says:
BBC2 England, Sun 5 Nov, 8:00 PM: Best of Top Gear.
Highlights from the motoring series with Jeremy Clarkson.

Sorry, nothing new ;)

Seems to be mid to end of January for series 9 to be shown....but does anyone think there will be a 10th series? (Sorry if this is not the correct thread to ask this question)

No, they're canceling the show and taking the presenters out behind the barn to kill them so they can't ever make another episode again. :rolleyes:

Of course there will be a season 10!

Sorry Viper, didn't mean to pee you off!! I was just wondering how they keep the ideas coming - like, what's left for them to do?!! I hope it goes on forever - can just see them whizzing round in their mobility scooters when they're old and grey!: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.