The Vegemite Thread

i like plain ketchup and mustard also... off the spoon.

That you drink straight from the bottle?

That you drink straight from the bottle?

Don't be stupid.

:idiot:

First it has to be decanted into to a glass to breathe and allow its full character to develop.

:tease:

And no one has mentioned cowing Bovril yet.

Bovril_250g.jpg

To have one Yeast Extract drink is truly lucky but to have two world class drinks makes that country a 'King' of culinary countries.

Last edited:
Bovril? :barf:

Yes, but we also have Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, Marco Pierre White, Heston Blumenthal, James Martin........

:p

You were saying about being culinary kings. Just thought I'd throw a few of our chefs at you. :p

Oh, okay. I assumed that Cobol's "King of culinary countries" reference was meant in an ironic, self-deprecating sort of way.

Especially since it was referring to the British. :p

@MWF
Actualy the Man down under song is where I know the phrase 'vegemite' from, the lyrics also ensure me the writer has never ever been to Brussels :p

(not that he would have any reason to)

How did she give it to you. A lot of foreigners trying it for the first time make the mistake of eating it off a spoon, which would just be disgusting. It would be like drinking tomato sauce (ketchup, for the Americans) straight from the bottle.

My mom is Australian. She spreads it on toast. Even that isn't palatable for my weak American tastes. I went back to putting cheese and baked beans on everything. :p

First it has to be decanted into to a glass to breathe and allow its full character to develop.

I think that is the start to a horror movie. :p

Last edited: