The vintage, retro, and generally old video/computer games thread

Yes! Super rare! Nice!

Yeah I bought it probably 6 years ago now, stumbled across it in a random record store for a good price and bought it since I knew it was rare. Played with it a lot when I was in watchmaking school with roomies and neighbors, but now it just sits in the corner in my living room never used and taking up precious space. :lol:

I'm more of a fan of the SNES anyway.

Yeah I bought it probably 6 years ago now, stumbled across it in a random record store for a good price and bought it since I knew it was rare. Played with it a lot when I was in watchmaking school with roomies and neighbors, but now it just sits in the corner in my living room never used and taking up precious space. :lol:

I'm more of a fan of the SNES anyway.

Ever interested in selling? I prefer SNES as well, among other systems.

Ever interested in selling?

I'd love someone to buy it from me. Full disclosure, I don't have the remote control (though from looking online about 90% of them that still exist are also missing it), and the front two feet were previously broken off and have been epoxied back on by someone before me (the feet breaking off is a common issue with these, many of them are broken off and missing) but otherwise it's fully functional as far as I'm aware.

I'd love someone to buy it from me. Full disclosure, I don't have the remote control (though from looking online about 90% of them that still exist are also missing it), and the front two feet were previously broken off and have been epoxied back on by someone before me (the feet breaking off is a common issue with these, many of them are broken off and missing) but otherwise it's fully functional as far as I'm aware.

Even with the remote missing and some minor blemishes it isn't unheard of for you to get somewhere around $750~1,000 for it. All dependent on the condition of the picture tube and if the NES parts work. You could try ebay but I guarantee you'll get more interest from the Nintendo collector's forum I'm a member of (Nintendo Age). :)

P.S. Off topic, I cannot wait to see your '69 Mustang in person at some point. :D

Today was a good day...

qK2grGS.jpg

B4qTY6z.jpg

6Wu3Vqz.jpg

Picked these up at my local Salvation Army Store and one of my local pawn shops.

From the Salvation Army Store...
SNES Bundle - $65 (I didn't take any pics of the system since we all know what a SNES looks like)
Arcade Greatest Hits
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World combo cart (yay redundancy!)
Turtles In Time

PSOne bundle - $175 (no pics of the system for the same reason):
Some demo discs
Sealed red memory card with a price tag from Kmart
Reel Fishing
Gran Turismo 2 GH (No manuals and black label discs)
Jeopardy
Spots Car GT Need For Speed II
Crash Bandicoot 2 GH (no manual)
Gauntlet Legends
Final Fantasy Tactics
Beyond The Beyond
Final Fantasy VII (No manual)
Brave Fencer Musashi
Rival Schools
Tactics Ogre

From my local pawn shop... These were $2 each. Some of these are duplicates that I'm going to give to a friend...
NFL Street GH
GTA Vice City Red Faction GH
Jack & Daxter GH
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex GH
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions
Metal Storm Arctic Edge
Metal Gear Solid 2
SOCOM 1
007 Agent Under Fire
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Area 51
Counter Strike (RUSH B CYKA BLYAT)
Final Fantasy X-2
Kingdom Hearts 1 (got two copies, one red label, one black label)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Xenosaga 1
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Grandia II
Grandia X-Treme

Brave Fencer Musashi! There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I also had no idea there was a Motorstorm game for PS2.

Was just trying to remember an old game I used to play. James Bond esque spy game with a female lead. Decently good story and characters, but I really was trying to remember it for the outstanding soundtrack. Found it with some googling - The Operative: No One Lives For Ever. I wonder what ever happened to the series.

Also, reading through the summary on wiki, the main characters name was Cate Archer. How fitting, a James Bond knock-off named Archer. There really needs to be a crossover with Sterling and Mallory :lol:

EDIT: Their site (www.noonelivesforever.com) is down, but checking the WHOIS database, the registration was updated earlier this year and held by the intellectual property department at 20th Century Fox.

Last edited:
And they should totally put this on the soundtrack...
[video=youtube;-CZCKP-H4C8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZCKP-H4C8[/video]

The album art is more fitting for Grim Fandango. Man I loved that game.

I know this doesn't *really* belong here, but someone played Cuphead on a Black & White CRT, and it's amazing. :p

I know this doesn't *really* belong here, but someone played Cuphead on a Black & White CRT, and it's amazing. :p

That is actually quite badass. Properly badass in fact.

Was just trying to remember an old game I used to play. James Bond esque spy game with a female lead. Decently good story and characters, but I really was trying to remember it for the outstanding soundtrack. Found it with some googling - The Operative: No One Lives For Ever. I wonder what ever happened to the series.

Also, reading through the summary on wiki, the main characters name was Cate Archer. How fitting, a James Bond knock-off named Archer. There really needs to be a crossover with Sterling and Mallory :lol:

EDIT: Their site (www.noonelivesforever.com) is down, but checking the WHOIS database, the registration was updated earlier this year and held by the intellectual property department at 20th Century Fox.

I played both games a lot back then. The first was great, with some really funny dialogues. The sequel was a massive improvement in everything, except the story, and it's still fun to play now. The first one has not aged well at all.

As to who owns the rights, it's kind of a mess, sadly.

This thread is somewhat timely for me. It would appear that during the time off I have taken as part of the grieving process (my dad passed away expectedly-unexpectedly last week), I have been unboxing all my old stuff (my parents just moved in with us in August from the national capital region), and am now in the process of filling in some gaps in my old game collection by buying games from the NES all the way up to PS3, thankfully for dirt cheap. I don?t care about collectibility, so any NES/SNES/GBA games I look for I?m happy if it?s just a working cart and nothing else.

Having said that, I could probably make a few mortgage payments if I was arsed to sell (not gonna happen, don?t ask) some of my ?complete in box? games from my childhood that I still own, like Final Fantasy 2 or 3, Chrono Trigger, Lunar 1 and 2, Persona 2 (1 is one of the few games eluding me, it was 160 bucks even back in 2000, it?s so fucking rare), Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Skies of Arcadia, or the GameCube Zelda compilation discs. Yes, I am a RPG whore...

Last edited:

The vintage, retro, and generally old video/computer games thread

?Gotcha, bitch!?

IMG_8363.JPG

IMG_8364.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

You will play it for two weeks and then it will sit unused for a year before you play it again. Soon after, it will get stuffed into a closet to suffer.

DPR8q0mUEAEO8Zr.jpg:large
Sorry, but you don?t know me from Adam if you think that?s even remotely true. All my consoles get used repeatedly, and the one should that don?t get promptly sold, or traded. Witness, the TurboGrafx-16 (traded it to get a Genesis), and the Genesis (traded it to get a SNES), and a very cheaply bought, used Saturn in 2002 (paid 20 bucks for it, hated it, returned it for full refund the next day. All my existing consoles and portables get their exercise just fine. And I?ve only ever had to have one fixed/replaced in all these years (knock on wood), which was the PS2 right as it hit the one year mark of ownership (forget now what the problem was, but it wasn?t the disc loader tray).

BUT... this is the first time I?ve had them all under one roof in over 10 years (since I moved west), and I have a few extra consoles now compared to then, so admittedly it will take some finagling with adapters and switches to get them all hooked up. At least for my SNES Classic (and the NES classic I intend to get when it gets rereleased next year), they are super tiny, HDMI ready, and can run off a powered USB port so you don?t even need to use a wall socket. It?s already set up in our bedroom.

There are rumours of a future N64 Edition, but I have zero interest if that ever does come to pass. Had I bought a Genesis or 2600 Classic Edition, your accusation (I?m using the term literally, I?m not offended) would be accurate.

Why not just get a used SNES?
I do have one, and I still have all my old SNES games.

This I bought because it included a lot games I never had the chance to own as a kid (roughly 75% of this collection) and they would cost over 800 dollars in modern currency if I tried to buy them (even without the boxes and manuals).

As a nice bonus, it also doesn?t even need to be plugged into a wall socket. You can run it off a powered USB port (aka, any modern TV), and it?s also HDMI ready.

About the only disadvantages are that it doesn?t allow for actual SNES carts (but like you said, just get an old SNES if that?s the case, they are cheap), and the controllers are not only wired, they are laughably short. Thankfully, you can get 10 ft cable extensions for roughly 10-15 bucks a pair (which will also work for the NES Classic).

EDIT: cross posted from ?Random Thought...? thread, in case anyone is wondering where I?m quoting GRtak and Flareside from.

Last edited:
Man, I want one, but I also already have an actual SNES and just about all the games I really want to play on it. I could probably get in to several of the RPGs on there I don't have, but then I'm also not sure how much time I'd actually dedicate to playing the thing, I seem to not play all that much any more :dunno:

Man, I want one, but I also already have an actual SNES and just about all the games I really want to play on it. I could probably get in to several of the RPGs on there I don't have, but then I'm also not sure how much time I'd actually dedicate to playing the thing, I seem to not play all that much any more :dunno:
Although I said I my systems get used routinely, I still go looong periods without playing anything, because life, so I know how you feel. Like I said above, I still have my perfectly functioning SNES too, replete with a little over a dozen genuine carts (mostly with the boxes and manuals).... but this thing at MSRP is a freaking steal (and that?s what I paid, I did not go to an eBay/Amazon reseller), unless you happen to own nearly all the games already on this system (I didn?t), especially the big money items like Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Mega Man X, and Secret of Mana.

Yeah, the main games I'd want are Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island (this is my #1 game), both of those I already have in original form so everything else is just gravy. I guess the advantage here would be not having to worry about batteries for save files dying, and the HDMI interface is also a big plus. I probably won't pass one up should I stumble across them in a store, but so far I've had no luck at that. Won't be too disappointed if I don't get one either.