Ownership Verified: The wait was long enough: leviathan's Tesla Model 3 Performance

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
It probably saves Tesla and other manufacturers a ton of money to put everything in a touchscreen instead of engineering a bunch of switchgear with the right look and feel.

General Motors did it particularly brilliantly on my car - the only buttons on the HVAC panel you ever use (temp, seat heater) are on laggy touch controls. All the other features are on well made buttons but you never ever touch them because that's what auto mode is for.
I've yet to own a car with auto climate control... My parents have owned 2 cars that have and they flat out do not understand it. "why is the fan going to full blast? it's too noisy." *turns off auto climate control.*

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
I've yet to own a car with auto climate control... My parents have owned 2 cars that have and they flat out do not understand it. "why is the fan going to full blast? it's too noisy." *turns off auto climate control.*
Yeah, I remember getting a ride by the parents of a friend of mine. "Can you turn the AC off, dear? It's too cold in here."

So he did, on a hot summers day with three people in the car. :p Instead of turning the dial up a degree or two. Sigh.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
Old people just need 2 settings on the aircon anyway : freeze my testicles with arctic air , or completely off.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
Old people just need 2 settings on the aircon anyway : freeze my testicles with arctic air , or completely off.
You've met my dad, then :p

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Well this was fun a couple days ago. Youtube processing messes up the framerate, but you get the gist:

Dude wasn't even slowing down, would've hit me without braking. Looking at a phone most likely. I had two passengers, both on the right side, too...

In other news, booked a service appointment for the first thing in 2 years to legit go wrong: front left suspension and/or steering is making squeaking noises when driven warm. Nothing after sitting in the garage for a while, but after half an hour driving in summer temps, all the squeaks on bumps or when steering. Reading up online, supposedly a common issue on upper ball joints - thanksfully cosmetic, should be safe to drive on. Nevertheless, would much like it fixed, it's annoying - especially when the rest of the car is silent at low speeds.