Ownership Verified: The wait was long enough: leviathan's Tesla Model 3 Performance

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
I used an old router as a repeater so I could get a decent WiFi connection outside, I had upgraded my mobile data to 60GB to cover updates but having to sit in the car while they download and having it nag me for a WiFi connection made me set it up. I used a wired 2.4GHz antenna to improve signal further, maybe you could do something similar to cover more spaces.

Also is that a Vel Satis in the background? Really pleased to see that people have looked after them.

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
Tesla doesn't offer WiFi at their supercharger stations?
McDonald's does in their restaurants! ;)

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Occasionally my employer will remember that I have a company car, and task me with transporting some stuff around. Today, this is my trunk:

IMG_0442.1024.jpg

Supplying the kitchen in a new office of ours from Ikea. Do mind, this is on a slightly stiff lowered "sport" coil suspension and 235/35R20 tires rubberized wheel paint. Some clanging can be heard while cornering.

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
So, about that Ring lap... two more have happened during this year's Ringmeet, and there was some driving on a preceding roadtrip as well. Similar to last year, charging has turned out to be much easier than expected, even though we had two Teslas in the group and not just one. Some pictures:

IMG_0474.1024.jpg

I believe this was the first recharge en-route on Day 1 of the roadtrip.

IMG_0514.1024.jpg

Day 3, at the Wasserkraftmuseum Ziegenrück.

IMG_0521.1024.jpg

Roadtrip group photo!

IMG_0530.1024.jpg

Parking lot of the Panarbora, from up high on the tower. Guess which are the disabled spots :p

camphoto_684387517(1).1024.jpg

Decided to rid the front of a thick layer of bugs during Ringmeet. Shiny!

IMG_0547.1024.jpg

At the unlisted-but-open-to-the-public Nürburgring Supercharger.

There are some nice 'Ring pictures from this year, but I am yet to choose one to actually buy, so nothing here for now.

---

Also, while checking out some dashcam footage from the roadtrip and Ringmeet, I found out that my cheap USB drive used for the onboard dashcam is dying. The car doesn't report any issues, but some recordings are incomplete and some seem to be missing entirely. I presume the plug-and-stay drive not actually intended for continuous video recording (much less from 4 cameras at once) has reached its write cycle limit. So I decided to go all-out and ordered some upgrades:

1598629914572.png

(not my image, but identical to my setup now)

A Taptes USB hub and a 500GB Samsung T5 SSD. The SSD compartment closes up with a lid, and in anything but extremely good light one can't even see that there's anything non-stock in there. Another advantage is that I can keep both Lightning and USB-C charging cables plugged in, and the hub also does power management - so I can charge one phone at full 2A (taken from both 1-amp USB-A ports the car provides), or two phones at 1A each, plus run the SSD at the same time - and there is another USB-A and a USB-C port left free for, well, stuff.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
I've been very tempted to get that Taptes hub, it looks very neat. I'd have to cut down the organiser I have but that's no big deal. I have the same T5 500GB drive, it seemed from everything I read that it was the best bet to ever avoid corruption and I had 4 other Samsung SSDs already so I trust them. :p

Sorry to hear you didn't get the footage, the dashcam features still need work in my opinion. I've been experimenting with a triple-sucker GoPro mount on the glass roof and may discreetly install the dashcam I had in Bugsy as it's just sitting around now.