The Weather Thread

I snowed about 15 miles south of where I'm at, not much but it's something...

The Weather Thread.

The Weather Thread.

A place to talk about the weather in your town, area, country.

Right now it is....cold. -14C and expecting snow on today and on Christmas, when I travel North. >_>

Winter came and ejaculated a lot of white stuff all over my region

:dance:

Winter came and ejaculated a lot of white stuff all over my region

:dance:

Yeah! My brother got his snowmobile fixed last week. Today we're going out on some trails. :D

I am one of the ones that lost power in the recent ice storm. Spent two days at my sister's because it got cold. Power came back last night, so I am going home this morn.

It blew an utter hooley here last night. The isobars were so close together I told them to get a room.

My boss's house got flooded - a foot of water downstairs, all carpets and a shit load of other stuff ruined including their Christmas - and they have no electricity.

Looks like they will have to cook Christmas dinner on the engine of his Vantage.

Meanwhile, in England...

It blew an utter hooley here last night. The isobars were so close together I told them to get a room.

My boss's house got flooded - a foot of water downstairs, all carpets and a shit load of other stuff ruined including their Christmas - and they have no electricity.

Looks like they will have to cook Christmas dinner on the engine of his Vantage.

Yeah, a large depression moved across southern England yesterday, with high winds and persistant rain. It then moved north to Scotland and is now sitting off the NW coast of Scotland today.

Roads, Rail, Airports and Ferry crossings all badly affected for the last two days.

Thousands still stuck at Gatwick airport and Waterloo station, etc, also several thousand homes witout electicity for 24 hours plus in the South West, with other houses flooded by rivers overflowing in counties to the south of London and Wales.

Airports and mainline Train Stations usually cease / run down services after about 20:00 on Christmas Eve. (Or two hours ago.)

Generally bad shit!

I'm sitting around waiting for a call-out to deploy the Hagglunds...

And now possibly blizzard snow conditions mountain areas above 600m in Scotland, Cumbria and the Peninnes.

.. and more stuff to come from Friday.

While here we haven't had any destructive weather by any means, Monday morning was a crisp -35C (-31F) with the windchill pushing it to -50C.

Then, as is the norm here in that our temp varies wildly, today was a beautiful -2C...

This is my weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25499753

I was one of the lucky ones. Power went out only for 1 1/2 hours at my house, despite constant flickers in power during one day. Some of my friends are still without power ... for more than 48 hours. They're heading into a third day without power ... which means their furnaces aren't working either, so no heat or hot water either. Some of them are running out of firewood.

I still had to de-ice my driveway and the stairs to the front door. Had to pick at it with a huge ice pick. It's Christmas Eve and I'm afraid to turn on the outdoor Christmas lights because they're buried under an inch of transparent ice, and if I do turn them on they might short-circuit.

The water going through my downspouts has completely frozen and has jammed them shut. Ice melt is forming some massive icicles, and in parts has started running along exterior walls, which will likely cause damage.

How's your weather?

Last edited:
It's cold as balls here in Boyne City, MI. I believe it got somewhere around -15F/-26C last night. It was so cold the battery charge in my moms Ford Escape got low enough to reset the ECU. The battery was strong enough to start the car mid-morning (~5F/-15C) but other things the edu keeps track of were reset.