James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

pink piranhas

Not A Dude
Car(s)
'07 BMW 328xit,'13 BRZ, RIP '78 alfetta gtv 2.0
Woman's description of the car as "granular", that made me laugh. I think if it was too comfy and quiet you might be lulled into forgetting its power and get yourself into trouble, and not just with a speed camera. Granularity is probably a stealth safety feature, it keeps you focused on the task at hand.
Those clever Italians :)

Aww, dang it it's my 69th post and unlike suggsygirl (in s14 off track) I can't think of a saucy way to derail this thread, although she had a good opening and ran with it. Sorry, but it's probably for the best.

Last edited:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Holy epic amount of WANT. I love cars like that in less shouty colors (er, and bright red. but never, ever yellow!). Yay James's Fezza!

Dmeader

Car(s)
rusty 96 Mercury, now shiny 2010 Mercury
I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

Buying a new car in the winter sucks. To have such an awesome machine, and the roads are all so scrungy and slippery it will be a while before he can really enjoy it. I know how it feels. I only recently replaced rusty 96 Mercury with shiny new 2010 Mercury, and I have not even yet had the pleasure of seeing it glisten in my driveway. It's always covered with ice and snow. It's painful to think of a new Ferrari covered in snow and road salt. But, at least James can admire new Ferrari in the awesome garage for now.

That American Girl

Car(s)
None, right now. Bye Bye Mustang. :-(
I think I remember reading he cleaned the crud off it. Twice, actually that day.

Hell, I'd be the first to admit; if I ever bought a car like that...I'd sleep in it for the first week! :lol:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
I think some new owners might actually sleep with it. ;)
Pretty sure I saw something about a dude in WA that actually, um...did that.

Ew.

Pretty sure he got arrested for doing it in public to someone else's car, though.

Again...eeeeeewwww.

{ tries to think of puffalumps and ice cream to get icky thoughts out of head }

Last edited:

pink piranhas

Not A Dude
Car(s)
'07 BMW 328xit,'13 BRZ, RIP '78 alfetta gtv 2.0
Pretty sure I saw something about a dude in WA that actually, um...did that.

Ew.

Pretty sure he got arrested for doing it in public to someone else's car, though.

Again...eeeeeewwww.
Umm, I don't recall hearing about this incident (and I live in WA) but did remind me about a guy here who got busted for doing it with a horse, fortunately for the rest of us, in private. (the poor horse tho!) Running for the brain bleach and scrub brush NOW!

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #2ZZ
Bugger. I saw this thread being bumped and thought it meant a new column was up.

LindenChase

Bugger. I saw this thread being bumped and thought it meant a new column was up.
hush, hush...;)

James has been to Zanzibar!

Ah, Zanzibar... been there, done that... It was a lovely place to unwind after a safari in Tanzania. I met another Dutch woman who actually lived on the island and she showed me Stone Town properly. Good times!

I really like James's travel stories. :)

Thanks to Maygrail for the scan.

iam-nobody

Umm, I don't recall hearing about this incident (and I live in WA) but did remind me about a guy here who got busted for doing it with a horse, fortunately for the rest of us, in private. (the poor horse tho!) Running for the brain bleach and scrub brush NOW!
I heard there was a documentary on ch 5 about men who loved their cars.
And As for animals i remember reading about a load of people on a train who caught a man with a sheep in Derby of all places.:lol:

Mr. Nice

And As for animals i remember reading about a load of people on a train who caught a man with a sheep in Derby of all places.:lol:
Did its offspring look likethis?

:lol:

HeyMySock

Car(s)
Oldsmobile 88
Sadly, I saw this on the youtubes a while back. I can't find it now, which is probably for the better but I remember it pretty well. The way one remembers unpleasant things.

Here's a link to the show's description. My Car Is My Lover. Just ewww. Why do they always find these weirdos in the States?

iam-nobody

Sadly, I saw this on the youtubes a while back. I can't find it now, which is probably for the better but I remember it pretty well. The way one remembers unpleasant things.

Here's a link to the show's description. My Car Is My Lover. Just ewww. Why do they always find these weirdos in the States?
I saw a clip on Charlie Brooker screen wipe.:lol:
And here it is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuY1nO27Go
Can't be any worst than that doll documentary.

LindenChase

Back on topic, anyone got any interesting to add to this week's column? :blink:

Last edited: