James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

It looks like James has reached Middle Age. :)

dailytelegraph27march2010.jpg

Thanks to DutchDiuva for the scan!

o_O :wub: *thud*

I can't be coherent about this, so I'll leave it at that! :lol:

I think he looks good in glasses. I remember a few episodes where he and Jeremy both had them on.

If it really bothers him, he can always wear contacts. :)

James said:
And apart from anything else, glasses are very, very cool.

Not to mention his thing for girls in glasses, as mentioned in a previous column, yeah? ;)

Not to mention his thing for girls in glasses, as mentioned in a previous column, yeah? ;)

Ahh, that's right. I bet he gets Woman to wear some. :p

In all seriousness:

Why do men think that things like 'needing glasses' or even going a bit grey, or losing a bit of hair is so terrible?

Two of the few men in life that I would willingly drool over in the presence of my sweetie are Sean Connery and Liam Neeson.

The older versions....

*swoons*

Okay, I lied.

Throw in an older Harrison Ford...

*thunk/dies*

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Scottish comedian (so he gets points for the accent too), talk show host here in the US, he was on The Drew Carey Show way back when too.

I guess the Hammond is next to get glasses then?

That won't be for a long while yet, I'm thinking. (meep!)

Cute commercial. Hammond is more the commercial type but a Top Gear-ish theme'd one would definately work.

Glasses work well for both genders...

I hope this isnt a sign of some creepy fetish, but i like a little bit of "Cute" on the side, even in an older woman (IE not like 15 or 16 or something pedo like that), and some tasteful glasses go a long way in making a woman more attractive to me. Its not needed, but when my longtime girlfriend decided to give glasses a try after wearing contacts for years i was pretty pleased about it. She thinks she looks like a nerd or whatever, i reassure her that i think nerd girls are hot :p

Bonus score multiplyer: She works in the library and sends me jokes as she laughes about books called "Daddy has a new friend" and "The joy of Gay sex". Adorable... :3

Last edited: