James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

The Great News is that James reviewed the Dacia Sandero this week instead of his usual piece. No sign of it on the website though.

I wonder if he named it? ;)

Normally once I post the scan (thanks Maygrail!), the Daily Telegraph put up link to the column in minutes. Let's see if it works this week as well. ;)

James obviouysly wrote this column before the "controversy" that it was all the airport bit was all staged. Still a very enjoyable read.

dt5122009.jpg

Is he going to buy the Fezza before or after he's kicked Chris Evans' head in for selling the mint 328 GTS?

As we now know the Telegraph people check this thread - er, you've forgotten the comments section again.

Yellow?! :p

No James...no.

If you're going to get one...go all the way and get one properly. Red. Defiantly red.

Not sure about the grey. What's the point of getting a Ferrari and then trying to make it look docile? A Ferrari should just scream..

"Hey! Look at me! No wait...don't! I'm not showing off, I just want it...okay? Um...vroom!"

Even thought that's not what you want, it is what it is, m'dear.

Buy it...enjoy it..and don't even think about hiding it in the new garage. :)

At least he's moving up in the world. The 328 GTS is a much better car than the 308, though it is quite similar. I'd still go with the slightly more expensive 355, then opt for the Spider top, so that I could better hear the exhaust noise. It's not hugely more expensive than a 308, or 328, it's faster, handles better, looks better, and most importantly sounds better than the 308 or 328.

Not yellow. Please, James. Not a yellow Fezza. Red is the right and proper way to go. :nod:

I like the way he feels the need to justify to his reader on how he now can afford a Ferrari:"I have been frugal and have saved my pocket money for years", he's like a man of the people that sort of feels guilty to admit he's minted (well this is my interpretation anyway :))
(when he actually is on a reported ?350 k/year from the BBC alone, that would obviously help to "save")

Come on James, just say it, "I'm loaded and I intend to spend the money I earned.":p

Don't know why, but I like the man more and more.

Yellow. Seriously?

Go big or go home, I says. Red is sexy. It's fiery and passionate. Besides, what's the point of owning your dream car if it's not the color you want?

Don't compromise, James. Anything less may lead to buyer's remorse.

Gah. I understand that yellow is Ferrari's traditional racing colour (which no doubt appeals to James' geek streak), but I hope he chooses the red. If you really are going to spend that much in one go, give it the beans!

i say, dare to be a bit different, screw resale value, and go green! a dark green of sorts.

(yes yes.. my car is a metallic dark green)

You've never been to Hammersmith, have you...?

Nope. Why? It is really a bad place?

Besides, what's the point of owning your dream car if it's not the color you want?

Exactly. I really hope he buys it for himself soon. If not, and I know you read this James:

You'll always regret it. :p

I have never been to London but i know if you live in Hammersmith.
1.I do not think there room to park a Ferrari on the street.
2.If you find a parking space it will not be there in the morning.

I have never been to London but i know if you live in Hammersmith.
1.I do not think there room to park a Ferrari on the street.
2.If you find a parking space it will not be there in the morning.

Don't mean to patronize you, but I'm afraid to tell you you're wrong on two counts ;)

Loads of residents of Fulham, Chelsea, Hammersmith, South Kensington and the rest have their supercars parked outside. It is well protected and CCTVed out there.

You've never been to Hammersmith, have you...?
Nope. Why? It is really a bad place?

Let us just note that when he called in for an insurance quote on his Lamborghini Urraco in the "Italian Supercars for the Price of a Second-Hand Mondeo" challenge he did admit to "living in a part of London that was usually on fire". :blink:

Last edited: