James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

Here in the states, I think we associate yellow with school buses (hence the term: school bus yellow).
It's a crap psychological association. But if you don't have that in the UK, and yellow is what he wants, then he should go for it. :)

^And taxis, especially in New York City. I saw someone in a yellow Gallardo there, and it was completely lost in the sea of cabs.

James go for red in your own words your a broadcasting personaility you can get away with it without looking like a twat. Yellow is just... yellow. I mean my younger brother still punches people when he sees a yellow car. Just don't do it!

Also ahh lol guys the fizz is back :p

Let us just note that when he called in for an insurance quote on his Lamborghini Urraco in the "Italian Supercars for the Price of a Second-Hand Mondeo" challenge he did admit to "living in a part of London that was usually on fire". :blink:

Cucciolotto is right, James may Joke about Hammersmith, and it may once have been dodgy, but these days most of it is completely yuppified with people who couldn't quite stretch to Kensington. Google Earth it and have a look at the well-maintained houses and nice cars.

AFA the Fezza, totally agree with Mr Nice, 355 FTW. Since I assume an F40 is possibly still out of his reach, although Chris Evans will probably let him have a go in his white one. White is wrong!

Fezza=RED

Last edited:
Cucciolotto is right, James may Joke about Hammersmith, and it may once have been dodgy, but these days most of it is completely yuppified with people who couldn't quite stretch to Kensington. Google Earth it and have a look at the well-maintained houses and nice cars.

Oh I've passed through and it's a nice place. And I'm sure JM was joshing when he said it in the episode, but I did find it funny, nonetheless. :)

Oh I've passed through and it's a nice place. And I'm sure JM was joshing when he said it in the episode, but I did find it funny, nonetheless. :)

Did you pop in for a cuppa with James? ;)

It must be red, as a Ferrari in any other color would not be as sweet. (apologies to Mr. Shakespeare)

Hmm - it varies quite a bit actually, there are some very dodgy bits.
It's certainly safe to park an ordinary car in most parts but a supercar? Aside of anything else a lot of the street are very narrow!

I just hope he remembers when to update his tax disc when he gets it.
We all remember what happened to the panda lol.
I hope W is in charge of the post these days.

Having lived a few miles away, not all of Hammersmith is wonderful, I mean it is inner-city. I'm sure he lives in a wonderful part though.

I did say MOST of it was nice, and James' street is a nice quiet residential one, with little through traffic.
Yes I know where he lives and no I am not stalking him, I've never been to his house! :p

I just hope he remembers when to update his tax disc when he gets it.
We all remember what happened to the panda lol.

We do? (I don't!)

The panda was impounded, for having an expired tax disc. James came out and couldn't figure out where his car had gone :lol:

The panda was impounded, for having an expired tax disc. James came out and couldn't figure out where his car had gone :lol:

I think he said it was unfair has they only sent him 2 reminders in the post but he had not got round to opening them.:lol:

I considered it, but his Bentley Rolls was in the garage - and the drive - and the street, so I couldn't make it to his door. :p

Fixed it for you. ;)

*toasts the ol' T2*

Aww, how terrible! Must have thought it was stolen.

And to be honest, of all his cars, including the soon to be Ferrari...I'd like to think the Panda is his fave. It does just suit him. :)

OK LindenChase, how are you linking to the old Telegraph archive? Since the "relaunch" of the website, all that old stuff seems to have disappeared. I hadn't finished reading it!