James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

Woman's description of the car as "granular", that made me laugh. I think if it was too comfy and quiet you might be lulled into forgetting its power and get yourself into trouble, and not just with a speed camera. Granularity is probably a stealth safety feature, it keeps you focused on the task at hand.
Those clever Italians :)

Aww, dang it it's my 69th post and unlike suggsygirl (in s14 off track) I can't think of a saucy way to derail this thread, although she had a good opening and ran with it. Sorry, but it's probably for the best.

Last edited:
Wow, makes me look forward to my midlife crisis, maybe I'll buy one as well! :p

Sadly, the only F430 (or R8, whichever) I can afford is the one made by Scalextric. :p

Holy epic amount of WANT. I love cars like that in less shouty colors (er, and bright red. but never, ever yellow!). Yay James's Fezza!

I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

Buying a new car in the winter sucks. To have such an awesome machine, and the roads are all so scrungy and slippery it will be a while before he can really enjoy it. I know how it feels. I only recently replaced rusty 96 Mercury with shiny new 2010 Mercury, and I have not even yet had the pleasure of seeing it glisten in my driveway. It's always covered with ice and snow. It's painful to think of a new Ferrari covered in snow and road salt. But, at least James can admire new Ferrari in the awesome garage for now.

I think I remember reading he cleaned the crud off it. Twice, actually that day.

Hell, I'd be the first to admit; if I ever bought a car like that...I'd sleep in it for the first week! :lol:

I think some new owners might actually sleep with it. ;)
Pretty sure I saw something about a dude in WA that actually, um...did that.

Ew.

Pretty sure he got arrested for doing it in public to someone else's car, though.

Again...eeeeeewwww.

{ tries to think of puffalumps and ice cream to get icky thoughts out of head }

Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw something about a dude in WA that actually, um...did that.

Ew.

Pretty sure he got arrested for doing it in public to someone else's car, though.

Again...eeeeeewwww.

Umm, I don't recall hearing about this incident (and I live in WA) but did remind me about a guy here who got busted for doing it with a horse, fortunately for the rest of us, in private. (the poor horse tho!) Running for the brain bleach and scrub brush NOW!

Bugger. I saw this thread being bumped and thought it meant a new column was up.

Bugger. I saw this thread being bumped and thought it meant a new column was up.

hush, hush...;)

dt16110.jpg

James has been to Zanzibar!

Ah, Zanzibar... been there, done that... It was a lovely place to unwind after a safari in Tanzania. I met another Dutch woman who actually lived on the island and she showed me Stone Town properly. Good times!

I really like James's travel stories. :)

Thanks to Maygrail for the scan.

Umm, I don't recall hearing about this incident (and I live in WA) but did remind me about a guy here who got busted for doing it with a horse, fortunately for the rest of us, in private. (the poor horse tho!) Running for the brain bleach and scrub brush NOW!

I heard there was a documentary on ch 5 about men who loved their cars.
And As for animals i remember reading about a load of people on a train who caught a man with a sheep in Derby of all places.:lol:

And As for animals i remember reading about a load of people on a train who caught a man with a sheep in Derby of all places.:lol:

Did its offspring look likethis?

:lol:

Sadly, I saw this on the youtubes a while back. I can't find it now, which is probably for the better but I remember it pretty well. The way one remembers unpleasant things.

Here's a link to the show's description. My Car Is My Lover. Just ewww. Why do they always find these weirdos in the States?

Sadly, I saw this on the youtubes a while back. I can't find it now, which is probably for the better but I remember it pretty well. The way one remembers unpleasant things.

Here's a link to the show's description. My Car Is My Lover. Just ewww. Why do they always find these weirdos in the States?

I saw a clip on Charlie Brooker screen wipe.:lol:
And here it is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuY1nO27Go
Can't be any worst than that doll documentary.

Back on topic, anyone got any interesting to add to this week's column? :blink:

Last edited:
^ Not really, but who looks after Fusker when they are away? :D

From what I gather from James' stories, Fusker is perfectly capable of looking after himself. ;)