James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

Thanks to DutchDiva, here is the scan of this week's column! Let's hope it will be online soon. James wants to know if we are willing to buy a calendar he's planning to make. :D

dailytelegraph27february2010.jpg

I currently have a calendar with different pictures of cheese. I could easily replace it with cats on supercars :lol:

Heh. He's been talking about that idea since he was on Something for the Weekend. :)

Oh, so that's what 'you have Buckleys' means. I've heard the phrase and knew what it meant but never really understood (or bothered to understand) where it originated from.

James is banned from driving.... :cry:;)

http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/2235/column6march2010.jpg

Thanks to DutchDiva for the scan. :)

And before any of you stalkers start looking for "17 Cherry Tree Lane" on a map, you won't find it; it's the fictional address of the Banks family in Mary Poppins.

I thought I was the only person in the world who can't write in block capitals. When I have to fill out forms in all capital letters it's like I suddenly forget how to spell everything from my address to my own name. It is absolutely impossible for my brain. I have often had to get out my license to painstakingly copy it letter by letter, stopping often to think about how to make the letters, for such forms. It's awful.

And before any of you stalkers start looking for "17 Cherry Tree Lane" on a map, you won't find it; it's the fictional address of the Banks family in Mary Poppins.

You are a fan of Mary Poppins then? ;)

I was wondering (and maybe a Brit can help me out here) what all the letters at the bottom stand for. I guess it stands for the different kind of vehicles James is supposedly allowed to drive? (Although it's probably as fake as the address.)

UK Driving Licence ? Wiki

^ Yes, those are not his codes, but they do look sort of correct.

He has a full motorcycle licence which is code A, not shown on the example.

What are the codes & categories in the Netherlands, because I thought they were harmonized across the EU, hence the EU driving licence.
:)

I can't do block caps and I can't do printing. I also can't write properly on unlined paper. Pathetic.

I'm sorry James...but I had to laugh!

You forgot to renew your license!?

:lol::lol::lol:

If I were Her, I'd take the Ferrari out for a spin. :p

UK Driving Licence ? Wiki

What are the codes & categories in the Netherlands, because I thought they were harmonized across the EU, hence the EU driving licence.
:)

Looks the same as in the Netherlands now you mention it. The Dutch driving licence is a bit different from the UK one as it doesn't have an address on it, just the name of the town where you are living.

Just checked when I had to renew mine. :p

LMAO. He really forgot to renew his license. I am so amused by this! :lmao:

dailytelegraph13march2010.jpg

James explains why Fusker is a rubbish cat. Awww. ;)

Thanks as always to DutchDiva for the scan.

My drivers license expires in 2059...

I think I'm covered :p

Also, I'd buy "Cats on supercars".