James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

Fusker is your typical awesome cat! And James loves him anyway. Even though he has said he knows Fusker "doesn't love him, he loves cat food.." we all know that isn't true.

My little cat Ravage is turning into such a "momma's boy" it's almost embarrassing. So be happy that your kitty is normal, James. :p

Fusker is your typical awesome cat! And James loves him anyway. Even though he has said he knows Fusker "doesn't love him, he loves cat food.." we all know that isn't true.

My little cat Ravage is turning into such a "momma's boy" it's almost embarrassing. So be happy that your kitty is normal, James. :p

i think its been said elsewhere on these forums...

some big name radio personality once said... "dogs have masters. cats have staff".

which i always find amusing just how true it is. especially with the cats my parents have. one of em, you actually have to pick up and take her to the food bowl. otherwise she'll just stand there staring at you.

While the DVLA has included Welsh on driver licences issued in Wales for many years, requests for Scots Gaelic - also an official language in the UK - to be included on licences issued in Scotland have so far been rejected.

Bastards - why?

While the DVLA has included Welsh on driver licences issued in Wales for many years, requests for Scots Gaelic - also an official language in the UK - to be included on licences issued in Scotland have so far been rejected.

Bastards - why?

I think it will be down to the number of people who still speak the language not being enough to justify the HUGE amount of work it takes to produce an extra set of forms and documents in another language. If the DVLA were to do it, the rest of the government departments would have to do it too - pensions, benefits, tax, national insurance, the lot.

I used to work for the DWP Pensions section and we had to set up the computer system to allow for Welsh language forms and letters. So with every single change, addition, new form or new letter it doubled the work we had to do to test it was working properly. And all for the (approx) 300 to 400 people who had requested it.

It wasn't easy checking for spelling mistakes either, when you don't speak Welsh - I'd be :? by the end of the day.

Bastards - why?

Around 58,000 Scots Gaelic speakers as opposed to over 610 000 Welsh speakers

I once said in this column that the most tiresome duty incumbent upon the modern man is the trying on of trousers. You have to remove your shoes and your existing trousers, try the new ones on and discover that they?re too small.

You then have to put the original trousers and shoes back on just to go out into the shop to find a bigger pair. Then you have to do all of that again.
...He's lucky he never has to do any bra shopping. :?

It looks like Woman and Fusker have the house to themselves these days. ;)

dailytelegraph20march2010_002.jpg

Thanks as always to DutchDiva for the scan.

Hee! I'm glad to hear his nifty garage is working out so well for him. :D

When I read this I thought that James has himself a "man cave", on steroids.

It sounds like he does, only it's communal or a business. Bonus points to anyone, btw, who can identify the source of that background picture.

When I read this I thought that James has himself a "man cave", on steroids.

I'm thinking the same thing. Honestly, all guys should have a space like this.

I can only imagine the hand drawn (in crayon, no less) on the front door that says "No girls allowed".

:D

I can only imagine the hand drawn (in crayon, no less) on the front door that says "No girls allowed".

With a backwards R!

I think this sort of thing keeps men (and women) sane. Good on him!

It sounds like he does, only it's communal or a business. Bonus points to anyone, btw, who can identify the source of that background picture.

Thunderbirds?

Ding ding ding ding! Have some e-points.

*thpt* I want a garage like that. :D