Clarkson: The Weekly Times Comment Column by Jeremy Thread

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
very nice, thank you!
it's rather annoying to read i must say because that page is so damn "thin" -.- i guess I'll have to copy all the stuff out of there, then =P

His point about meddling with nature is spot on, but the 1988 Yellowstone fire only destroyed a third of the park (according to Wikipedia).

Ahpadt, while you and I may be well aware Jeremy makes contributions to the Sunday Times, others here may not. Your original thread specifies the car reviews, and while I and others have drawn attention to the Comment column I felt they are significant and significantly different to warrant a separate thread.

Disambiguation was my intention - trust me I'm not in any way trying to steal your thunder.

I did a double take when I first saw this thread, then I thought that this was a good idea, since I often forget about the comment column and miss it. :)

I think it is fair to split Jeremy's opinion column into a separate thread from his Car Review column.

After all, we have LindenChase's new thread on James May's column in the Telegraph.

I think it's a good idea to split the two.

This week... Save the photos - not that they're worth it

I?ve always said that if a giant meteorite were to be heading for my house, I?d save my copy of Monty Python?s Big Red Book which was signed in 1976 by every member of the team. That, however, is a lie, designed mostly to reveal that I have such a thing. The truth of the matter is that it would be left behind. Because what I?d actually save are my photograph albums.

If they were to burn I would feel a biting sense of loss. And that?s strange because I haven?t actually looked at them since 1979 and I?m fairly certain I never will again. In fact, I?m pretty sure that I haven?t looked at any picture I?ve ever taken more than once. And I bet you haven?t, either.

Not half as good as last week. Still it's been a bit of a slow news week here in the UK if you ignore all the politics so I'm guessing he had to wrack his brains for something about which to write.

^ Short version: You should be able to wear whatever the eff you want to whatever function you're going to. Sod dress codes! ;)

A serious one this week: After three brushes with death in planes I want a parachute

Which brings me back to those poor souls on board the Air France jet that didn?t land safely. Last week, experts managed to work out that it did not break up in mid-air, which would have killed everyone instantly ? one minute you?d have been snuggling into Russell Crowe with a glass of red and the next, you?d have been dead. Instead, it remained intact until it hit the sea. Which meant that those passengers had to sit there, for several minutes, knowing they were on a high-speed one-way ticket into oblivion. And what makes it even more poignant for me than that is that one of them was a friend of mine.

:|

While his idea of issuing parachutes is ludicrous on a practical level, on a psychological level I do applaud the idea of at least giving the passengers the illusion of hope as opposed to the reality of despair. :clap:

That's absolutely amazing. Fell over laughing. Any links to GT5 promotional material?

It would be epic to see the promo pics for GT.

The parachute story, he didn't mention the rocket attack. :blink:

Last edited: