The What-Did-You-Get-For-Christmas-2008 Thread

I got some books that I didn't want and a 'Driving Kit' that would have been cool if I'd passed my driving test.

Bit of a meh Xmas

...and a 'Driving Kit' that would have been cool if I'd passed my driving test.
Everybody fails (or, in my case, commits a moving violation) the first time. :hug:

Everybody fails (or, in my case, commits a moving violation) the first time. :hug:

i only had "excess speeds" when having truck driving test :(

But i got it the second time right :)

ps. truck = 12 000kg "ice cream van" that hasn't too much powah!

MacBook 13" with 4GB Ram upgrade, new bike to replace the stolen one. Some BOSE Companion 3 speakers, a new tropical fishtank and LOTS of TopGear merch HAHA :D

I just got myself a Seagate 750gb hard drive for christmas, and my parents got me some cowbody boots as well.

My brother bought me a million years supplies of this. I hear it goes well with Italian horse meat.

Last edited:
Some more items:
About 50 state quarters.
A cheap digital camera
A new shirt
A Barnes and Noble gift card (there a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide with my name on it now)
and a copy of Inside IMSA's Legendary GTP Race Cars.

Also, I treated myself to a new DVD drive.

A James Bond Book, "The Union Trilogy".
Initial D books 30 and 31.
A bunch of Ferrero Rocher dark chocolates.

flex_products.jpg

The Miata will no longer roll in the corners or dive under braking (never really had the power to squat under acceleration)... it will also no longer have a ride height matching that of a Jeep Wrangler.

These puppies don't just goto 11, they goto 16! They should go nicely with my new top and frame rail braces.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway on X-Box 360, Clarkson's Thriller DVD, The World at War on DVD, NCIS: Season 4 on DVD and a great big jar of Jelly Beans... worse thing is trying to resist the tempation to eat loads of them.

464px-Lt_Mike_Hunter_2.jpg

No, I didn't get Lieutenant Mike Hunter, but I did get the most epic shades know to man, the Ray Ban Aviators.

A bespoke shooting jacket (about ?300 of which I'm contributing ?200) but that won't arrive until some time in January.

It looks like this, although mine is completely different colours (you design the jacket's colour scheme yourself).

It finally arrived today.
Get the buttons screwed on then I can try it out when I'm next down at the club.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pe/peter3hg/2009/02/20/P2200022.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pe/peter3hg/2009/02/20/P2200023.JPG

You say that's for shooting? What are you shooting? Looks a bit conspicuous for game shooting. Just a clays/targets thing?