The What-Did-You-Get-For-Christmas-2008 Thread

Oh damn, I got confused with the units there.

However, shouldn't you count with the actual data those pages could contain? Let's assume he doesnt carry microfilm or detailed printed graphs around. That makes about 3200 characters of Times New Roman size 11, per side. So that's 6400 characters per sheet of paper including whitespace. This means 6.4 kB of data per sheet of paper.
6.4*20*150=19.2 MB

Meh, it's larger than a 3.5 inch floppy but my memory stick contains a lot more.

Nooo, you need to think old school like that Teddy with his 80s piano scarf.

You said you didn't see the USB connector... it's because it just stores paper! :lol:

But for the record your maths is better than mine.

I got a watch! I don't feel comfortable wearing it though.
carrera_tachymetre.jpg

ok I had to +rep kat for those boots.

As for me, so far I've only had this :

creative-zen-mosaic-02.jpg

some more stuff coming I guess, it's only the 22nd

more stuff came!

100_1059.jpg

- Wall-E Special 2 DVD edition + other misc Wall-E crap
- Burnout Dominator Game
- NFS Carbon Game
- Philips Earphones
- Porsche Deodorant / Shower Gel set
- Strange Egg timer thingy that you put in the water with the eggs, it changes colour to tell you when the eggs are done...
- strange superman plush toy
- Some monies
- Many chocolate goodness

some good stuff this year! No socks or boring presents or anything!

Last edited:
- 09 Adelaide street directory (to replace my ageing 2001 version)
- Underwear, including socks
- Car wash detergent
- Chamois
- Dual function torch
- Clarkson on Cars (not bad, although as his humour is generally topical, much of the printed articles are no longer revelent)
- $100 from grandma, plus a further $250 for the family. Not bad at all, especially considering...
- $50 from my other grandma to be split between the four of us (thats $12.50 each) in my immediate family. I dont mean to sound dicourteous here, but it's a pretty poor effort, it has to be said...:p

That pretty well covers it. Nothing particularly outstanding, but its all fairly useful nonetheless :)

well i got:

- "felt shoe's" (i dunno for right translation :p ) i have cold feet
- underpants
- nothign else :(

ps. before 24st i bought bluethoot usb-plug

Canon Ixus 80 IS (yes I am a lazy point and shoot person and yes, in brown, as it looks nice ;))
rh_ixus_80is_brown_main.jpg

Antimonopoly (nice version of Monopoly)
anti_monopoly.jpg

New wallet
Socks :p
3 books
A chocolat fondue :p
A steam iron (I guess this is a subtle hint by my mother not to bring her loads of dirty cloth at the end of the week :D :D :D - I mean, I have a washing machine, but the service at home is way better than doing it yourself ;))

Well, I finally got a camera - but it's not just for me to use, we're all going to use it. It's just a basic Nikon Coolpix costing about $200 AUD, but it's enough for what we intend to use it for. Random happy snaps, and the like. I've started playing around with it and the pics look nice enough on my compy screen and printed out on glossy photo paper, so I'm happy.

Besides that I got some essentials - eg. reading material, makeup, petrol moneys and chocolate! Oh, and a bar of eucalyptus oil soap that I can't stop smelling 'cause it's so nice. :picks it up and smells it again: LOL

I got an ipod touch (8 GB),

iphone-ipod-touch-compare.jpg

and lots of delicious south Indian food

Error: Heaven - image cannot be rendered...... Say that looks good can I have some?....

Nope.

I think the eucalyptus smell reminds me of the first home I lived in as a kid. We lived about half an hour out of town and we were surrounded by a eucalyptus forrest. We did see plenty of koalas though. Then, when I was seven we moved into the middle of suburbia. I still miss that old house so much, and the smell takes me back there.

/sentimental mode off

Edit: Gonna eat some chocolate now. :drool:

Last edited: