The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

If you know you can have reliable internet, what difference does it make where you remote from? I hadn't even considered the idea.

If you know you can have reliable internet, what difference does it make where you remote from? I hadn't even considered the idea.
There are things to consider if you want to keep everything legal, but that's not hard... for example:
- employer consent
- end customer consent (in my case)
- within the EU (in my case)
- below 183 days per tax year (otherwise the destination country gets to claim my whole annual tax, and plenty of employee-side as well as employer-side bureaucracy ensues)
- less than 90 days per trip (otherwise I'd have to register as a foreigner in the destination country)
- spare money to finance things unless you can be bothered to either rent out or get rid of your place at home

How much of that you ignore is a different question.

I've been doing that almost every time my employer's sent me anywhere, for the last 15+ years. One time my significant other flew out on my last day of work so we could spend the rest of the week/long weekend together there.
Same. For example, every US work trip I've spent more leisure days than business days. Win-win.

In academia this is how conference locations are chosen.

The other, extreme is "Where can we go that's the cheapest because it's the off-season". Scottsdale, AZ in August, for example...:ROFLMAO:

"WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Wichita police were called in to resolve a dispute involving the exchange of 11 monkeys on Monday.

The Wichita Police Department said a person from Missouri agreed to meet a person from Oklahoma in Wichita for the exchange. There was a verbal disturbance between the two people about how many monkeys were supposed to be handed over.

Officers dealt with the disturbance. They said the monkeys were small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and well taken care of.

Police said the transaction is legal and was determined to be a civil matter."

They found it - much quicker than I expected. Then again, radiation detectors exist.

I know that's a long stretch of road but, yeah, just driving along with a Geiger counter is going to give you a pretty damn good idea of where it is.

Unless there are lots of other sources of radiation, in which case they might want to check those out.