The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

Burlington Police Terrified High School Students With Mock Shooting​

While teaching a class to high school students on Wednesday, Burlington police officers staged a surprise demonstration in which a masked gunman burst into the room and pretended to open fire.

Controversial Chick-fil-A Summer Camp Charges Kids $35 To Work At The Restaurant​

Eh, this doesn't bother me. I feel like this is one of those things that is being overblown.

I mean...there's nobody older than 12, they visit the restaurant for 3 hours, get a shirt, snack, and a meal, and are shown the different jobs for like 20 mins each. There is no world where this is part of a plan to exploit these kids for free labor...anyone who's ever trained anyone, or worked with kids, knows that both will slow you down and assuredly requires the restaurant to pay for MORE people on staff to pick up the slack of the slowed-down working staff.

I remember in elementary school touring factories for field trips, where we got to do tasks for some of the jobs. We went to a farm, a company that make commercial appliances like nacho cheese pumps, and a big magazine printing company (which happened to be printing Playboy magazine as we toured...oops! 😅). At all of these tours, we stopped at different stations, and performed "edutainment" tasks like milking a cow, applying stickers to ketchup dispensers, and stacking/packing magazines.

Start at the Disney College program. They killed the positive cheerleader in me

Eh, this doesn't bother me. I feel like this is one of those things that is being overblown.

I mean...there's nobody older than 12, they visit the restaurant for 3 hours, get a shirt, snack, and a meal, and are shown the different jobs for like 20 mins each. There is no world where this is part of a plan to exploit these kids for free labor...anyone who's ever trained anyone, or worked with kids, knows that both will slow you down and assuredly requires the restaurant to pay for MORE people on staff to pick up the slack of the slowed-down working staff.

I remember in elementary school touring factories for field trips, where we got to do tasks for some of the jobs. We went to a farm, a company that make commercial appliances like nacho cheese pumps, and a big magazine printing company (which happened to be printing Playboy magazine as we toured...oops! 😅). At all of these tours, we stopped at different stations, and performed "edutainment" tasks like milking a cow, applying stickers to ketchup dispensers, and stacking/packing magazines.

Those trips you went on where through the school and were at least vetted in some fashion, and were free. This program is neither. And why did they change the way the program was advertised?

It may not be completely terrible, but even they knew the optics were bad.

For charging purposes under state law, 8 ounces of bong water is considered the same as 8 ounces of pure methamphetamine. That’s well over the 50-gram threshold necessary to trigger a first-degree felony offense.

The article goes into more detail, but that quote covers the basics.

The article goes into more detail, but that quote covers the basics.
This is the quote that caused the biggest faceplate for me:

the crystal substance weighed 13.2 grams “in total with the packaging.”

Beske says the “packaging” is the glass jar, and that the reason deputies included the jar in the weight is that there wasn’t a measurable quantity of substance in it.

Dog finds explosive in Brabant backyard and takes it into the house​

In Budel-Schoot in Brabant, a dog has found an explosive device. It is a pipe bomb, a rod-shaped explosive, which was in the backyard of a house on the Parallelweg, Omroep Brabant writes.
The labrador took the bomb in his mouth and brought it inside, says owner Jermain to the regional broadcaster. He didn't know it was a bomb at first and tried to open the explosive.
“It was a rusty thing about twenty centimeters. I thought it was something else and cut it open. Then I saw that it could be a bomb, I just called the police," Jermain said.

House evacuated​

The emergency services set the street and Jermain and the residents of the surrounding homes had to leave their homes as a precaution. The Explosives Disposal Service Defense determined that it was actually a pipe bomb, reports the police on X.
The service has taken the explosive to an outside area and detonated it. Meanwhile, the street has been cleared and residents are allowed to go home.
Jermain says he wants to dig his garden to see if there are any more explosives. He also hopes that his four-legged friend will find a piece of gold next time. Why the bomb was in the backyard and whoever left it there is not known.