The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

Who is it going to offend? And why isn't that post in the Awesome Thread???

I guess it depends on the perspective from which you're looking at it. 90 years from now will my grandchildren have a World Trade Center mini bungee jumping tower at their birthday parties?

Oh you Americans with all your self-righteous moral superiority complexes. It's a small wonder you get around to doing anything, with all the getting offended needing to be done.

In 90 years, I'll host a theme party with the Titanic sinking and the twin towers burning. And to avoid discrimination, we'll also have a small space for kids to draw pictures of Muhammad and for Russians to hold fair votes.

Seriously. How did this depiction of the Titanic sinking insult or offend you? What if it was meant to be a tribute?

Reactions: MWF
:rofl: at freankiess' new avatar!

Nasty Surprise

US Vigilant in Fight against Chocolate Eggs

Bringing Kinder Surprise eggs into the US can incur a fine of hundreds of dollars because the famous chocolates with toys inside are illegal there under a 1938 law. Seizures of the eggs have doubled since 2010, but egg-lovers are now petitioning for the ban to be lifted.

People travelling to the US would be well advised to refrain from taking Kinder Surprise eggs with them. The chocolate eggs are illegal in the US because of a law dating back to 1938 which bans inedible objects inside confectionery. There are concerns that small children could choke on the mini-toys found inside the eggs.

The law predates the Kinder Surprise eggs made by Italian company Ferrero but people caught entering the US with them in their luggage risk incurring a fine of several hundred dollars. Last year, customs officers fished 60,000 of the eggs from people's luggage, more than twice the number seized in 2010.

Several thousand US citizens have responded by launching online petitions demanding that the ban on the eggs be lifted. Ferroro couldn't be reached for comment.

Keeping Easter Safe

American officials have, in recent years, proven to be particularly vigilant in keeping the eggs ova non grata in the US. A 2008 press release issued by US Customs and Border Protection, part of the Department of Homeland Security, announced the finding of dozens of such eggs at JFK airport in New York just prior to Easter that year.

"The vigilance of our CBP officers at the mail facilities has prevented these potentially dangerous toys from ending up in children's Easter baskets," crowed Leon Hayward, CBP acting director of field operations, at the time. "We will continue to keep our guard up to stop harmful products from entering the United States."

SPIEGEL/cro

image-339777-galleryV9-jcsw.jpg

A Kinder Surprise egg in Germany. Rejected in the US.

Source: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,827741,00.html

"We will continue to keep our guard up to stop harmful products from entering the United States." Can this also be applied for long metal things, that shoot bullets out of them and children also like to play with in the US? :D Because I'm quite sure, that more children in the USA die of bullets, than in Europe by eating Kinder Surprise eggs.

Last edited:
My question is, if one gets mailed from Europe does the intended recipient pay the fine?

If so, pick a congressman and let the fun begin!

:D

Oh no, they'd never recieve it. After all, there could be a bomb inside! It therefore will be thoroughly searched (and consumed), before it reaches its recipient.

Which makes me wonder: Do they have a task force at the airports, that sacrify themselves by eating all the confiscated chocolate eggs? That's a hard job, I must say. Very tough.

Last edited:
"We will continue to keep our guard up to stop harmful products from entering the United States." Can this also be applied for long metal things, that shoot bullets out of them and children also like to play with in the US? :D Because I'm quite sure, that more children in the USA die of bullets, than in Europe by eating Kinder Surprise eggs.

I like those and it really pisses me off that we can't get them here.

My question is, if one gets mailed from Europe does the intended recipient pay the fine?

If so, pick a congressman and let the fun begin!

:D

LOL

The last time I had them, they were shipped to me without any problem.

Why doesn't Ferrero just copy what Hershey has done with this to sell Kinder Eggs in the US?

It's legal because the two halves of the giant hollow Kiss aren't sealed together, therefore, the non-consumable wrappers of the normal Kisses are simply between two confections.

That is from 2008...

They heard that there would be a Gay parade? I heard that Iran excutes married female rape victims by stoning them to death - no, that bit is true. ?

Mother-of-five died after drinking industrial-strength vinegar in horrific 'home abortion' she researched online

A pregnant mother-of-five died after drinking industrial-strength vinegar during an attempted home abortion she had researched online.
Catherine Furey, 38, suffered a violent and eventually fatal reaction to the concentrated acid similar to that used in a chip shop.
A police investigation was launched and officers arrested her sister-in-law Dawn Chadwick for handing her the vinegar bottle in late 2010.
She was eventually charged with manslaughter but after an 18-month investigation this was dropped this week, allowing the details of this tragic case to be revealed for the first time.

Link

What a terrible story. :(

Cop Fired For Speeding 143 MPH While Drunk Gets Job Back

Manager Of Safety Fighting Decision To Overturn Firing Of Derrick Saunders

DENVER -- The Civil Service Commission has overturned a decision to fire a Denver cop who admitted to speeding while intoxicated. It is a decision Denver's manager of safety is fighting to overturn.

Officer Derrick Saunders was sentenced to five days in jail after pleading guilty to charges he was drunk and driving 143 mph in a 55 mph zone on June 17, 2010.
The manager of safety fired Saunders last December. Saunders appealed, arguing his termination was unfair and excessive.

Now a panel of hearing officers is saying the drinking and speeding didn't warrant termination, which the manager of safety disagrees with.

Manager of Safety Alex Martinez said the decision to overturn Saunders' dismissal "deprives the manager of the authority to impose reasonable discipline and disrespects the efforts of the many honorable law-abiding Denver police officers to maintain high standards of professionalism."

"We would never hire someone as a law enforcement officer who had engaged in this behavior and should not be required by hearing officers to continue to employ someone as an officer with this proven criminal conduct, " Martinez added.
Saunders' termination was overruled based on "discretion and precedence."

The Civil Service Commission said the Denver manager of safety "failed to prove any extraordinary aggravation" and "also failed to consider (Saunders') mitigating factors."

"Moreover, the disciplinary action of termination far exceeds the discipline given to other officers in comparative or greater misconduct cases," the commission argued.

The Civil Service Commission said this is not the end of the case. The city attorney has 10 days to file a motion to stay or an appeal.

In firing Saunders, Martinez wrote the June incident showed "a serious lack of character" related to being a police officer and "a willful and wanton disregard" for police department values.

"The extraordinary high speed alone is stunning. The fact that you drove at this dangerous speed while your ability to drive was impaired by alcohol is shocking. In addition, you were driving at night and with a passenger in the car," Martinez wrote when he terminated Saunders.

Saunders previously had been cleared of pointing a gun at a McDonald's employee in Aurora in 2009. The employee said Saunders, an officer assigned to Denver International Airport, grew impatient when his order wasn?t filled fast enough. He was in the drive-thru with another off-duty officer when he pulled the gun on them on May 2009, according to the McDonald's workers.

Saunders denied pointing the gun and a jury cleared Saunders of felony menacing and weapons charges in April 2010.
Saunders has been a Denver police officer since 2007.

www.gawker.com/5913674/judge-throws...hool-says-he-wanted-to-make-an-example-of-her

A Texas honor student who works both part-time and full-time jobs to support her two siblings was ordered to spend 24 hours in jail and pay a $100 fine after she missed a few days of school.

Willis High School junior Diane Tran was warned last month not to cut anymore classes, but after she skipped school again this month, Tran was summoned to appear in court and arrested upon arrival.

Tran says her parents divorced without warning and moved out of state, leaving her behind in Willis. Her plate already brimming with advanced placement and dual-credit college-level courses, Tran has been forced to work full-time at a dry cleaners and part-time at a wedding venue to help support a brother in college and a baby sister living with relatives in Houston.

Her friends say she is often so exhausted, she simply can't wake up in time for school. "She goes from job to job, from school she stays up ?til 7 o'clock in the morning," said classmate Devin Hill.

But her personal problems did not concern the fittingly surnamed Judge Lanny Moriarty, who readily admitted to making an example of Tran. "If you let one (truant student) run loose, what are you gonna' do with the rest of ?em? Let them go too?" Moriarty told local reporters. "A little stay in the jail for one night is not a death sentence."

Perhaps not, but it could still have a profound impact on Tran's future.

"Now this girl's got a record, which could hamper her later in life," said Woodlands resident David Byrne, one of many who reached out to assist the teen after her plight went public. Tran's employers, with whom she currently resides, are also setting up a fund to help out.

Judge Moriarty, who told KHOU he was concerned throwing the case out would make him appear "soft," will likely make a decision this week about striking Tran's jail time from her file.

I dont want to live on this planet anymore. I'm so appalled i dont know where to begin.

I'm fucking sick of the cynical, extreme, assbackwards logic that is ever so popular these days. No one can ever think logically anymore its always so extreme for or against something. Or it's fucking done just to self promote. Or no one ever sees that something could really be happening to anyone so they refuse to believe it.

whatever happened to clear, level-headed, moderation?