The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

That?s genius!!! If you don?t think so, you clearly haven?t been at the frontline in a war for a couple of days not finding the time to brush you teeth and your comrades slowly incing away from you because of the stench ... so now, no more unnessecary firing breaks. Just stick a toothbrush to your AK47 and be mint-fresh all the way to your purple heart ...

:mouse:

The French have spent ?15 billion on new trains only to discover that they didn't double check that the trains will actually fit in the stations. :lol:

Now thay are going to have to spend another ?50 million shaving back 1,300 station platforms.

I don't why there is this brouhaha about that : it's a necessary maintenance work anyway : wider trains mean more passengers per travel. We must see further than this so called "scandal".

I don't why there is this brouhaha about that : it's a necessary maintenance work anyway : wider trains mean more passengers per travel. We must see further than this so called "scandal".
Cocking-up and making the best of your cock-up are different things and only one of the two is something good and admirable. But ordering trains on the wrong infos is a cock-up no matter how you look at that. That this will actually be a good thing in the long run ... yeah, I see that too.

Also COCK. Just to make it an even number ;)

Something rather stupid with railways happened here as well, but in rather unfathomable way. They've renovated the railway station in my town, and as a part of that project they tore down old platform covers and built new ones that were almost identical. Except they made them too low for carriages to fit to the station. :lol: So all rails in the station had to be lowered.. :D

Something rather stupid with railways happened here as well, but in rather unfathomable way. They've renovated the railway station in my town, and as a part of that project they tore down old platform covers and built new ones that were almost identical. Except they made them too low for carriages to fit to the station. :lol: So all rails in the station had to be lowered.. :D
Speaking of trains and finnland ... you guys bought the Dutch trains that weren?t fit to operate in finnish winters and froze shut, rite?

And before you start digging, in germany there is a problem with trains wich AC-units that can?t handle the heat in german summers ... yeah, the famous hot german summers :rolleyes:

No, no, if you're all talking about the high speed trains they got, it's even worse: they're Italian pendolinos, manufactured in Italy by FIAT Ferroviaria. An electric train, manufactured in Italy by FIAT, used for high speed rail in Finland. Yup.

No, Finnland. But I can?t seem to find anything (in german or english) to back this up. I was told this by a finnish friend and of course haven?t checked it. But he told me he hated the dutch railways even before setting foot into them because of how terrible a thing dutch trains turned out in finnland.
But like I said ... I can?t find anything to support this story.

I haven't heard of any Dutch trains in Finland. There's Finnish, Swiss, Russian, Italian (<_<) and Czech trains, but afaik, not Dutch.

No, no, if you're all talking about the high speed trains they got, it's even worse: they're Italian pendolinos, manufactured in Italy by FIAT Ferroviaria. An electric train, manufactured in Italy by FIAT, used for high speed rail in Finland. Yup.

Yeah...

Last edited:
We bought some new trains along with the Dutch a few years ago, called the fyra project.

Only the idiots in charge bought them from Italians to (AnsaldoBreda), so they were crap, and after only a few months of constant breakdowns and people getting ready to lynch the people responsible for the biggest purchase oepsie in recent history, they are now all permanently parked at a service yard, to either rust away into nothing or be scrapped.

3105fyra.jpg.crop_display.jpg

Don't worry, the taxpayer will take care of it.......

Last edited:
We bought some new trains along with the Dutch a few years ago, called the fyra project.

Only the idiots in charge bought them from Italians to (AnsaldoBreda), so they were crap, and after only a few months of constant breakdowns and people getting ready to lynch the people responsible for the biggest purchase oepsie in recent history, they are now all permanently parked at a service yard, to either rust away into nothing or be scrapped.

Don't worry, the taxpayer will take care of it.......

Yeh, but you at least still have some high speed rail in the form of Thalys. In Canada, we have nothing. Bombardier, a Canadian company, produces high speed trains in Canada and then proceeds to sell them in the US, Europe and China. The Zefiro 380, due to be one of the most advanced high speed trains to date, with a service speed of 380 km/h is due to be delivered to China. Meanwhile, our trains hardly reach 130 km/h in service, and those are NOT average speeds, they're top speeds on small segments. And those train sets are VERY old. Fucking politicians screwing Canada out of a good thing. :(

Last edited:
AnsaldoBreda is likely the worst company still in existence. No product they have ever made have ever worked properly.

Yeh, but you at least still have some high speed rail in the form of Thalys. In Canada, we have nothing. Bombardier, a Canadian company, produces high speed trains in Canada and then proceeds to sell them in the US, Europe and China. The Zefiro 380, due to be one of the most advanced high speed trains to date, with a service speed of 380 km/h is due to be delivered to China. Meanwhile, our trains hardly reach 130 km/h in service, and those are NOT average speeds, they're top speeds on small segments. And those train sets are VERY old. Fucking politicians screwing Canada out of a good thing. :(
To be fair, we don't exactly have the population density to offset the cost of high speed rail. And there's a whoooooole lotta track that has to be laid down between major cities.

Or are you referring to the GTA (yawn)?