The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

Granny shreds million euros to spite heirs

VIENNA - An Austrian 85-year-old cut up into tiny pieces almost a million euros ($1.1-million) in an apparent attempt to spite her heirs, authorities said on Thursday.

After the woman died in a retirement home, the 950,000 euros as well as savings accounts books were found shredded on her bed, prosecutors said.

State prosecutor Erich Habitzl confirmed the discovery -- first reported in the Kurier daily -- but said that there was nothing he could do for the relatives.

"The damage of the money in the woman's property is not a criminal matter, so we have not begun any investigation," Habitzl told AFP.

Kurier reported however that the woman's surviving family will have the last laugh, with Austria's central bank (OeNB) saying it will replace all the cash.

"If the heirs can only find shreds of money and if the origin of the money is assured, then of course it can all be replaced,"

Friedrich Hammerschmidt, deputy head of the OeNB cashier division, told Kurier.

"If we didn't pay out the money then we would be punishing the wrong people."

Fucking rich people. Why not just give it to a charity then?

Probably because in some countries heirs can always claim their part of that money, even overruling a testament.

In Belgium for instance the heirs always have right to 30% of the fortune, even if the testament states that 100% should go to some charity.

edit: it's a little bit more complicated. But the concept is that the "reserved" heirs can't be excluded from a will.

Last edited:
So give it away before you go. ;)

I mean seriously, I can't stand most of my family, but I would find something somewhat productive to do with the money before I simply shredded it.

Meanwhile in Stockholm terror home-improvement strikes!

Swedish police investigate 'explosion,' find shirtless man hanging curtains

STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Nov. 6 (UPI) -- What was briefly believed to be a terrorist attack in Sweden turned out to be no more than a household accident.

Police, ambulances and the fire-department rushed to S?dermalm in Stockholm after receiving reports of a loud boom and a shirtless man seemingly brandishing a weapon at around 11:40 a.m.

Police canvassed the area, but found no damage to any of the surrounding property or any other evidence that would hint at an explosion.

The lone oddity was a man hanging a piece of plastic in his window. Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet reports that a tactical operations team approached the man but quickly backed down after he produced a hand-written note.

"The apartment owner had a broken window, it doesn't seem to be connected to any bang. He was at home himself putting up curtains," police spokesperson Albin N?verberg told local television station SVT, according to The Local.

Authorities shut down the street for a time, but promptly reopened it after no threat was found.

The Aftonbladet report states that the man in the window had dropped his power drill while attempting to hang curtains. The drill shattered the window and went on to land on a tin roof below producing the loud noise.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/11...shirtless-man-hanging-curtains/3201446840574/

And here's one of the articles that still haven't been updated :lol:

Stockholm explosion: Huge blast rips through building in Swedish capital - police probe

POLICE are investigating the cause of a huge blast which rocked the centre of the Swedish capital Stockholm this morning.

Emergency services rushed to the scene in Br?nnkyrkagatan, on S?dermalm, after an enormous explosion ripped through a building.

The road was cordoned off as police in Sweden - which has been the scene of several gruesome terror attacks in recent years - rushed in to make the area safe.

Reports in local media initially quoted witnesses describing the blast as "powerful" and said the cause was not yet known.

Police spokesman Albin Birch bark Berg said: "We are there to investigate what happened, but at present it is unclear."

The huge blast shattered the windows of neighbouring buildings and could be heard from miles away when it went off at around 11.40am local time.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/617523/police-blast-Stockholm-Sweden-fire-gas-leak

Keep calm and carry on

Last edited:
Fucking arseholes.

Is it possible the car just randomly caught fire? still assholes for stealing it though.

Or somebody trying to cash in on the insurance? Just saying. Why would anyone steal such a pricey automobile just to burn it? Could have gotten at least a million on the black market from it.

Too hard to get rid of it here. Once it got publicised, they couldn't do anything with it.
Options would have been to leave it somewhere for cops to find intact, or shut it into a container and send it overseas.

The first option leaves them vulnerable to getting caught by dna evidence in the car, so burning it destroys that.
There could also be a fair amount of "if we can't have it, no one can".
I know a guy with a show standard GTHO, which was stolen a few years back, stripped, then they poured paint over it to hide the identity and cut it into pieces, dumping it along country roads. Assholes.

The Ferrari owner's son has said they will rebuild the car again. It was not running at the time it was taken, they spent a fair bit of time putting things back together to get it out of the workshop. Not only did they know it was there, but they knew their way around with a spanner...

The second car stolen has not yet been recovered.

The Ferrari owner's son has said they will rebuild the car again. It was not running at the time it was taken, they spent a fair bit of time putting things back together to get it out of the workshop. Not only did they know it was there, but they knew their way around with a spanner...
So they broke into a garage, fixed a broken car to steal it, and then set it on fire? Australians...

So they broke into a garage, fixed a broken car to steal it, and then set it on fire? Australians...

I doubt the intent was to burn it, but once the car got publicised it became too "hot" to handle (pun intended).

I doubt the intent was to burn it, but once the car got publicised it became too "hot" to handle (pun intended).

I don't know how they thought this would stay quiet. These are two very collectible cars that are fairly rare. This makes me think the people that took the cars are minor car thieves that thought their normal buyer would take them and then laughed at them. Hopefully they will get caught and rot in jail.

Probably because in some countries heirs can always claim their part of that money, even overruling a testament.

In Belgium for instance the heirs always have right to 30% of the fortune, even if the testament states that 100% should go to some charity.

edit: it's a little bit more complicated. But the concept is that the "reserved" heirs can't be excluded from a will.

We have a similar thing, close relatives can claim a guaranteed fraction - half the default fraction, so you can cut them out of a big part of the estate.

Over here it is the number of "reserved heirs" + 1 part, and that 1 part can be given away freely.

So, 2 heirs = 3 parts. Each heir gets 1/3.
3 heirs = 4 parts, each get 1/4, and the last 1/4 can be given away.

So heirs still get a big chunck. Unfortunately.