The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sooooooo.... a warning sticker? Or will they just stop selling their phones to dumb people?

Aren't all iPhone buyers dumb sheeple? :lol:

/runs away

Brilliant! :lol:

You must spread some Android around before giving it to MacGuffin again.

Last edited:

Is it not common practice to install GFCI's near places where water could come in contact with electrical devices? It's code in the states. Every kitchen and bathroom should have these. I forget the exact distance that qualifies 'near enough to be required.'

But yeah, still an idiot.

Is it not common practice to install GFCI's near places where water could come in contact with electrical devices? It's code in the states. Every kitchen and bathroom should have these. I forget the exact distance that qualifies 'near enough to be required.'

But yeah, still an idiot.

They do, they call them RCDs over there and new UK construction requires it on most new outlets. The problem is that there is so much old construction there and they came to RCDs later than we came to GFCIs that most British outlets in areas where North Americans would install GFCIs don't have them. I asked about it years ago and was told that it was generally believed that the switch on the outlet would be enough as nobody would ever use electricity around water. This in a country that's basically underwater half the year.

Edit: If anything, their new codes go more than a bit overboard by North American standards: http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.or...tions/new,-rewired-and-similar-installations/

Last edited:

Samsung recalled them right away. When iPods were doing the same thing, Apple covered it up by forcing customers to sign non-disclosure agreements before honouring their warantees. It was exposed when a man in England refused to sign after his daughter's iPod exploded and went public instead.

iPod? I only remember the iBook and PowerBook battery explosions. When was the iPod?

I mean really, a 240V socket on your chest in the bath. That's not just asking for electrocution, that's begging for it. RCDs in sockets are rare yes, plug in types are pretty common though on outdoor extension leads where water or sharp spinning blades may get involved. The house electrical supply will most likely have breakers as they can be retrofitted to houses with fuses but they're less sensitive (I think they're usually 32A breakers).

I mean really, a 240V socket on your chest in the bath. That's not just asking for electrocution, that's begging for it. RCDs in sockets are rare yes, plug in types are pretty common though on outdoor extension leads where water or sharp spinning blades may get involved. The house electrical supply will most likely have breakers as they can be retrofitted to houses with fuses but they're less sensitive (I think they're usually 32A breakers).

It should've been much less if he was charging his iPhone. 5v and what, 2.1A now? The amperage is enough to kill you once or crosses the heart shaped bridge.

Samsung recalled them right away. When iPods were doing the same thing, Apple covered it up by forcing customers to sign non-disclosure agreements before honouring their warantees. It was exposed when a man in England refused to sign after his daughter's iPod exploded and went public instead.

Yes, but Samsung was worse - because despite having Apple's 2009 conduct as an example of what not to do... they did the same thing anyway. And then went ahead and tried to deny owners warranty.

Last edited:
It should've been much less if he was charging his iPhone. 5v and what, 2.1A now? The amperage is enough to kill you once or crosses the heart shaped bridge.

Go back and re-read the article. He had the power pack on his chest.

iPod? I only remember the iBook and PowerBook battery explosions. When was the iPod?

don't forget the iPhone

but who makes these batteries? does each brand develop and create their own batteries?
or is like with airbags, where takata supplies half the world?

don't forget the iPhone

but who makes these batteries? does each brand develop and create their own batteries?
or is like with airbags, where takata supplies half the world?

That iPhone had pretty visable damage. All mobile batteries could combust like that after damage.

Battery makers make batteries and electronics companies makes electronics. I hadn't heard of any electronic company that make the batteries themselves :) While Samsung does make batteries, it's not the mobile division.