The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

This may sound a little wonky at first glance considering it's killed a quarter million people and counting, but covid actually has had one positive effect on this country.

Notice how there's been a complete lack of mass shootings since March? No Sandy Hooks, Parklands, synagogue's, or Vegas' that have happened since people been staying home. It's really really fucked up that it took a world wide pandemic to finally make a dent in that statistic, and it's even more fucked up that when this over it will go right back to what it was.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-...ent-wisconsins-mayfair-mall/story?id=74325556

Russian Aeroflight 6502.

TLDR: two pilots make a bet whether one could land on instruments alone, so they drew the curtains (why the fuck does a front windshield have curtains?) and they crashed the plane on approach.

Some people died and the one pilot that did survive was imprisoned...

why the fuck does a front windshield have curtains?
For use on the ground/at the gate, I suppose. It can get quite toasty behind those big windows and the glare can irritate the pilots, so instead of using charts or newspapers, these pilots had curtains at their disposal.

For use on the ground/at the gate, I suppose. It can get quite toasty behind those big windows and the glare can irritate the pilots, so instead of using charts or newspapers, these pilots had curtains at their disposal.

Well then, don't park facing the sun, duh.

I’m not sure about a plane reversing into its spot, but there certainly were some that could reverse out. :mrgreen:

There might have been tests done in a full flight simulator to see how fast backward you can go with reversers, and how high you can wheelie the plane when you step on the brakes at over 50 kts...

Speaking of science, I did try reversing to see how fast I could go backward on my first motorcycle. If I remember correctly, I reached 10 kph on the digital speedometer.

Sadly, it only reads 0 on the FJ09 ?

Does it reverse the odometer?
Speaking of science, I did try reversing to see how fast I could go backward on my first motorcycle. If I remember correctly, I reached 10 kph on the digital speedometer.

Sadly, it only reads 0 on the FJ09 ?

This is NSFW, but this shows the education system needs to be improved everywhere.

This is NSFW, but this shows the education system needs to be improved everywhere.

Not once since 2016 have daily news made me feel proud to be American...