The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

And they say the brits have a stick up their ass...pshaw :p

I have received an unsolicited actual, printed on paper, LEGO catalogue in the mail.

Should I head over to Bluebrixx and place an order?

I didn't know there was a BlueBrixx store in Cologne yet. Aren't next ones in Aachen or Hagen? ;) Or do you want to go full 21st century and order at their online shop? :oops:

I didn't know there was a BlueBrixx store in Cologne yet. Aren't next ones in Aachen or Hagen? ;) Or do you want to go full 21st century and order at their online shop? :oops:
And I didn’t even know they have (or ever had) brick and mortar stores! ? Might actually be worth a visit, even though my wallet won’t like it.

But seriously, an unsolicited paper catalogue in the mail in 2021? If that doesn’t make you shop at the competition…

And I didn’t even know they have (or ever had) brick and mortar stores! ? Might actually be worth a visit, even though my wallet won’t like it.

But seriously, an unsolicited paper catalogue in the mail in 2021? If that doesn’t make you shop at the competition…
You'll enter a whole new world ;)

I can't go near Lego stores. There was one in Manhattan and they had that very large globe made of legos....and all my brain power was immediately focused on equal parts poking it and preventing me from poking it.

I’ve never been in a Lego store, it would be lethal. I will actually accept that I don’t have the space for any of the nice big sets.

I’ve never been in a Lego store, it would be lethal. I will actually accept that I don’t have the space for any of the nice big sets.

I forgot the name of the store @nicjasno took us to in Frankfurt back in 2019 during ringmeet. But it’s the store of famous youtuber Held Der Steiner and he has a distaste for Lego as of late. So he has a lot other brands as well.

As I don't follow Lego stuff much I hadn't heard that, that's disappointing. Is it a drop in quality, silly prices, the kind of fabricated scarcity that games console manufacturers like to pull or something else? They seem to make what people want from my perspective and the Lego Champions Audi I got last year (my first Lego set for a long time and last one I bought) was very nicely made.

Gotcha. You know I sometimes fail to see what good value is, if you don't then go and look at that camera I posted again. In my head, that's good value.

Silly prices and questionable quality.

I did buy a few space sets (Saturn V, ISS, Eagle moon lander and Shuttle) and the Shuttle was definitely at the far end of what I am willing to pay.

There’s the strange use of odd-coloured bricks where you don’t see them which always feels like they’re rooting around in the parts bin to get rid of earlier overproduction. They use decals far too often, even in really expensive sets. And apparently, there are sometimes issues with colour discrepancies where you do see them.

Their competitors come up with comparable and often better sets at lower prices, such as the COBI Concorde I bought a while ago.

And finally, some of their product decisions are just middle fingers to their long-time customers, like the revamped City sets that are incompatible with the series that they’ve been selling for decades.

GoFundMe reenabled his defense fund campaign....right after the trial was over.

Should I set up a “doesn’t want to have a day job anymore” go fund me?

I do like their little recreation of Lower Manhattan… :mrgreen:
They've announced a 1.6 meter tall model of the Burj Khalifa with more than 7,000 pieces. And I just have to happen the space for it.