The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

The bike isn't "useless" without a membership, though, too, despite some of the claims I've seen. You still can use the bike, see real-time metrics, and there's I think 2-3 classes you can use.
that honestly is better than i thought and had understood from the media coverage. I thought that mostly, without the memberhsip, the entire screen part of the bike would basically drop dead and you'd have an expensive regular spin bike. I still don't understand how such an expensive piece of kit doesn't have automatic resistance adjustment (to simulate real roads or follow the class on screen without you having to fiddle with a knob).
Anyway, if hte rumors are true and both Nike and amazon are thinking of buying peloton, that could get interesting and I'd be interested to see what they do with it. I guess amazon wants something to bundle into prime to compete with apples fitness+ (but without the hardware? I dunno). Not that I'd be interested in the product in any way - I'm too far down the rabbit hole (or dumpster fire?) that is Zwift.

It is only of use to those that own the exercise equipment. I am willing to bet, most don't.

If you work for Shure Inc. You get discounts of their own products as well. There used to be an unlimited amount you could buy, but some people were caught reselling stuff.

There’s a surprising amount of employee bands apparently.

If you work for Shure Inc. You get discounts of their own products as well. There used to be an unlimited amount you could buy, but some people were caught reselling stuff.

There’s a surprising amount of employee bands apparently.

One would assume that a company like Shure draws people in who are already inclined to have a need for the product (which...I suppose that holds true for a lot of companies that offer a product).

Simple, don’t be a cunt to the fast food people. It’s a shit job.

Normally no, but at some point people reach a breaking point.

And an appropriate response might be to throw their food, not permanently scar an asshole.

I think the worst part of COVID is that we have lost sight of how to deal with each other.

Someone willingly eating at Arby's is already accepting a certain amount of violence against their body.

(I will say that Aarby's is a guilty pleasure of mine, though)

I think the worst part of COVID is that we have lost sight of how to deal with each other.

My prevailing assessment of the pandemic increasingly can be summed up with the phrase "Boy, they didn't take it nearly as well as I thought they would".

1653445163401.png

edit: My bad, I thought this was the Political WTFingtosh thread...

edit 2: he's since deleted it.

Last edited: