The "Which shows do YOU consider ALMOST as awesome as Top Gear?" Thread

Taken :nod: and maybe Dexter (I couldn't watch the last series, but the first one was great)

I recently started watching Jonathan Creek. Got it because it has Alan Davies :wub: and was super cheap on Amazon.

It's kind of my guilty pleasure. Like heroin. I really enjoy it, but I know it's sort of terrible.

Anybody else watch it? What are your opinions? For the Brits: how popular is/was it over there?

My vote goes for Scrubs, mythbusters, and because im a nerd anyhting on History Channel
as for BBC shows: Dr. Who, Top Gear, Old Flying Circus when it comes on, Kitchen Nightmares, and F-Word

Last edited:
I recently started watching Jonathan Creek. Got it because it has Alan Davies :wub: and was super cheap on Amazon.

It's kind of my guilty pleasure. Like heroin. I really enjoy it, but I know it's sort of terrible.

Anybody else watch it? What are your opinions? For the Brits: how popular is/was it over there?

I was still in Oz when it started, i liked it with Caroline Quentin (Maddie) but not so much after she left. Alan was very cute in an Aspergers sort of way ;)Love the theme music!

Alan Davies IMDB
Never got into ?Jonathan Creek? or the ?The Brief? where he was lawyer only watched a few bits here and there.
QI is on my ?must watch? list, where he is very funny as the fall guy for all the jokes.
:)

not sure if they have this over in the UK/Europe but for N.A's Family Guy i wud consider to be almost as awesome as top gear.

Just have to add doll's house it got off to a bad start but when fox decided to leave it alone :wall: which i think was ep 6 it got really good.
Have just seen the unaired pilot and the unaired ep13 and i just hope fox leave season 2 alone. :shakefist:

Fringe - John Noble is the most.
The Big Bang Theory
Battlestar Galactica
The Wire
Arrested Development
Veronica Mars

Two and a half men
Nip/Tuck

Two and a half men

It still amazes me that this show is so popular...granted, I've only seen the older episodes that are in syndication, but...has it actually gotten better than that, because it's always seemed pretty awful... (yes, I know the two actors have both been nominated for Emmys multiple times, but that doesn't mean anything...)

I have only seen seasons 3.4 and 5 and like it.

I never got into 2.5 Men either. It's the kind of thing I'll watch for background noise when nothing else is on, because it isn't offensive, but I don't seek it out.

I'd nominate my new favorite show in this thread now, the Late Late Show. I'm newly amused by Craig Ferguson.

I never got into 2.5 Men either. It's the kind of thing I'll watch for background noise when nothing else is on, because it isn't offensive, but I don't seek it out.

I'd nominate my new favorite show in this thread now, the Late Late Show. I'm newly amused by Craig Ferguson.

Love Two and A Half Men, first season was horrible, skipped the second, loved the rest. And aside from CSI: Miami just for the horrible one-liners, Craig Ferguson is the only reason I watch CBS with any regularity. Besides sports.

EDIT: I realize Two and A Half Men come on CBS, but I mostly watch the reruns on the CW or MyTV, or online.

Last edited:

I love the Late Late Show when I'm able to catch it. Craig Ferguson seriously needs more love.

..And since I'm already posting I'll add my list:

Dirty Jobs
Supernatural (JUST getting back into it)
Stargate SG1 (Didn't really follow it after S8/9-ish)
Stargate Atlantis
NCIS
Life On Mars
due South
QI
Survivorman
HIGNFY
Doctor Who (I got my sister into it :D)
Buffy
Angel
Firefly
Red Dwarf (Nearly forgot about this)

And just because I can:
Real Ghostbusters
Wolverine and the X-Men
Bleach
Dragonball
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Thundercats
Beast Wars
Johnny Bravo
Voltron

..And since I'm already posting I'll add my list:

Dirty Jobs

Yay! Much love for Dirty Jobs! Or pretty much anything on Discovery Channel. Especially Mythbusters and Cash Cab.

I don't watch a lot of regular TV programing... I haven't found a sitcom or a drama I've really been in love with for a while. But I also abhor most "reality" shows (minus Top Chef & Project Runway, which I love). I usually stick mostly to factual shows. Here are some of my faves:

Good Eats
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Bizarre Foods/ Bizarre World (guilty pleasure)
Jeopardy!
Anything in "The Soup" family of shows- The Soup, Web Soup, The Dish, Sports Soup
Antiques Roadshow (yes, I am a nerd)
History Detectives

I'm sure there are more, but I don't have the remote close by to check my DVR list.

Off the top of my head...

Waking The Dead
New Tricks
Time Team

And my really, really guilty pleasure - Strictly Come Dancing.

It's a bit like looking at someone's bookshelf or record collection, isn't it - what does it tell you about a person?

Yay! Much love for Dirty Jobs! Or pretty much anything on Discovery Channel. Especially Mythbusters and Cash Cab.

I don't watch a lot of regular TV programing... I haven't found a sitcom or a drama I've really been in love with for a while. But I also abhor most "reality" shows (minus Top Chef & Project Runway, which I love). I usually stick mostly to factual shows. Here are some of my faves:

Good Eats
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Bizarre Foods/ Bizarre World (guilty pleasure)
Jeopardy!
Anything in "The Soup" family of shows- The Soup, Web Soup, The Dish, Sports Soup
Antiques Roadshow (yes, I am a nerd)
History Detectives

I'm sure there are more, but I don't have the remote close by to check my DVR list.

My friends are convinced I only watch Dirty Jobs because Mike Rowe seems to get naked every other episode. WHICH IS A LIE. <_< >_> But yeah, I'm a big Discovery fan too when they're showing the good stuff. I also love the History Channel and National Geographic.

Oh man! I totally forgot about Good Eats, The Soup & Web Soup! Speaking of Web Soup, I should of put down AOTS too since that is my nerd crack.

...Also forgot about Antiques Roadshow. Been a while since I watched that.