The "Which shows do YOU consider ALMOST as awesome as Top Gear?" Thread

How could I forget about Dirty Jobs, Kitchen Nightmares and The F-word?
I also like american version of Eleventh Hour.

Star Trek
Doctor Who
Have I Got News For You
Worlds Wildest Police Videos (Just for Sheriff John Burnell)

Waking The Dead

Just returning from a UK trip, i am surprised how good "Cold Case"'s format can be if done right. "Waking The Dead" is as good as "Cold Case" is unwillingly funny, which is: "very".

I haven't been in the mood lately for much else besides MST3K...

Off the top of my head...

Waking The Dead

Or as it's known at Mineworksfine Towers "Trevor Eve Shouting". He's never really topped Shoestring in my book.

And in a similar vein Mrs Hersworksfinetoo is also quite fond of "Pimp My Minger" (Ten Years Younger), "Frumpy and Faggy Buy a House" (Location, Location, Location) and "Birds Talk Bollocks" (Loose Women). She used to watch "Cockneys" until I pointed out there were only three basic episode formats ie "Shahhhtin'", "Fhaaaaamlee" and "Bruv".

Or as it's known at Mineworksfine Towers "Trevor Eve Shouting". He's never really topped Shoestring in my book.

And in a similar vein Mrs Hersworksfinetoo is also quite fond of "Pimp My Minger" (Ten Years Younger), "Frumpy and Faggy Buy a House" (Location, Location, Location) and "Birds Talk Bollocks" (Loose Women). She used to watch "Cockneys" until I pointed out there were only three basic episode formats ie "Shahhhtin'", "Fhaaaaamlee" and "Bruv".

gold, pure gold. Especially the "Birds Talk Bollocks" remark, i've never seen a tv show before where people just talk about mindless crap and try to make it sound like its the most important thing going on in their lives right now.
I would give some +rep but first i must spread the love amongst others.

Peep Show's been back a couple of weeks and is at least as fantabulous as it always was.

:rofl:

"Frumpy and Faggy Buy a House" (Location, Location, Location)

That used to air over here on BBCA. I watched it mainly for the cool houses. In the end, I could take or leave Kirstie and Phil.

That used to air over here on BBCA. I watched it mainly for the cool houses. In the end, I could take or leave Kirstie and Phil.

I have taken Kirstie but I did leave Phil. Make of that what you will.

QI and House I guess.... of things airing now, and I guess One Piece and Naruto Shippuden too but they're quite different =)

*hums* No alarms and no surprises. No alarms and no surprises. No alarms and no surprises. No alarms and no surprises. No alarms and no surprises please....

QI and House I guess.... of things airing now, and I guess One Piece and Naruto Shippuden too but they're quite different =)

While i'm in agreement with One Piece, i've found Bleach to be far more superior to Naruto. Naruto has always seemed childish to me and i've never really been able to get into it.
Aside from that, there are only really 2 shows i would consider to be just as awesome as Top Gear, The Wire and NCIS.

Naruto Shippuden is the 2nd series of Naruto, its a bit more grown up and the story and plot is advanced and it wins over Bleach in that it keeps progressing, I mean you can do a "yo dawg" for bleach something like this:

Yo dawg we heard you liked fillers so we put a filler in your filler so you will never see the end of the hueco mundo arc.

That said.... I watch bleach as well I just don't think it's as good as the other two or Top Gear.

:grin:

Nice to have you back, MWF. Sorry I'm not allowed to rep you.

Have to say series 6 of house as got off to a good start.
Just need 13 and Boreman to split.
Am i the only one here hating the 14 relationship.