The "WHITE POWER" Audi RS6. From Germany.

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
"wonder if they are running kkk turbos?":lol:

http://jalopnik.com/5234135/german-tuning-shop-names-custom-audi-rs6-white-power

Berlin-based tuning shop AVUS Performance just launched a 580 HP customized Audi RS6 named the "WHITE POWER Audi RS6." Let me repeat that ? a German tuning shop named its new car "White Power." Really.

A Front-Engined Skinhead Slot-Wagon

Frankly, is there really anything more we need to say about a car called the "WHITE POWER?" We don't care what the performance specs are ? we don't want one. Even if this is some kind of unfortunate translation issue ? let's call it the worst translator ever ? it's a perfect example of why companies looking to play globally need to hire globally. Full press release below.

Avus Performance ? WHITE POWER Audi RS6
With its 580bhp and an impressive 650Nm ( 479.35 lb/ft) of torque the actual Audi RS6 is the perfect symbiosis of an estate and a super car.

For AVUS Performance, based in Berlin, that starting basis was not enough.

As the importer for Sportec products in Germany they equipped the RS6 with a new high performance exhaust system with a diameter of 70mm, racing catalysts and a new ECU software.

The maximum power increased up to 700bhp and an astonishing 800Nm (589.97 lb/ft ) of torque are now tearing all 4 wheels.

The results are 0-60 in 3.9s, 0-120 in 12.1s and the RS6 is electronically limited at 211.27mph to not overstress the tires of the V10 biturbo. To get the power to the ground at best Avus Performance mounted a set of 22" wheels in the classic Sportec Mono 10 design.

Besides the better grip these have great impact to the overall look.

The already good standard factory suspension with electronic settings was only slightly modified with lowering springs which help to lower the car by 40mm. The handling improves noticeable and the car gets much more agile. On the other hand it fits perfectly to the complete look of the car and makes sense in combination with all the other options. Last but not least a carbon front-lip and a rear diffusor are also offered and are the icing on the cake.
AVUS-White-Power-RS6.jpg

talk about politically incorrect :lol:

I always loved back in the day when the old Porsche 959 used KKK turbos and thought 'how ironically appropriate'

Wonder if this RS6 will include the optional white hood

chambers-kkk.jpg

"wonder if they are running kkk turbos?":lol:

Somebody should release a tuned version of the Cadillac Escalade and name it "Black Panther Edition" in reply to that :lol:

Seriously: That is non-news and any kind of indignation about that is in 99 % of all cases hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness.

Not that sensational a car, considering what it's based on. I can imagine the name to be a PR stunt to get more publicity...

Woo-hoo white power! Haha, only kidding... you know, because I have a white Audi.

I guarantee you, those tuners are simply idiots who don't know what they named their car...

Not necessarily idiots but just guys who do not speak English very well.

It's a common misunderstanding in the English-speaking countries, that the rest of the world also speaks or understands English very well and knows all about phrases, hidden meanings, etc.

Well, they don't. Only about 5 % of all people in the world have English as their native language, while for example about 25 % speak Chinese.

That is why I called it non-news above. Assuming everyone understands the meaning behind "White Power" is simply arrogance.

I could go on about how carelessly the British and Americans use Nazi terms and slogans all the time without thinking about it - even on Top Gear - but who cares?

However, they should think about renaming that car, if they plan on selling it in the USA ;)

Last edited:
I completely agree with MacGuffin. Misusing a language is very easy. Everyone does, sometimes. Have you ever heard of the Chevy "SS" concept, for example? (Or any other car with that two letter in its name).

If they don't change the name before trying to sell the car in an english-speaking market, then yes, they are idots. (Well, if I'm honest, I don't like that name at all, already).

I really don't care if they use "White Power" as their cars name. And to be honest I'm getting Sooo sick and tired of the whole PC game being played. The we can use any phrase we want but this group can't. Is it really any different than other ethnicities using the phrase "Black Power"? I mean does anyone actually believe that these tuners are using the phrase in a malicious manner? They are describing a "White" Audi tuned up to 700bhp. I don't believe this was done to offend others ( Well maybe the 700bhp, turbo V10 firebreathing monster part :twisted: ). Would anyone have a problem if it was a Black Audi named "Black Power"? I think not. I think it's time people step away from the koolaid and just live their own lives and get the fuk over themselves.

Last edited:
They should have tuned the sedan I like that one better. Other than that its pretty nice looking, but with that wheel fitment it could not survive streets of NYC without destroying the body kit and getting wheels stuck inside the wheel well :(

Apparently they apologised:

http://jalopnik.com/5235087/inappropriately+named-white-power-tuner-car-blamed-on-bad-translation

AVUS PERFORMANCE said:
Dear visitors, readers and customers, We are very sorry and unfortunate for what has actually happened and is currently happening to our first press report. Due to a mistranslation of our latest project car - the Audi RS6 V10 biturbo - there were lots of radical right-wing rumors on all different blogs and pages that received our first press report. We distance ourselves from the project title - it was done by our press agency which obviously mistranslated our German project name into English. Furthermore we distance ourselves from anything that has to do with that group synonym and we would also like to say sorry if anyone got personally touched.
Deepest Regards
The AVUS PERFORMANCE Team

I wouldn't have apologized, if I were in their place. But it's typical German behavior to apologize for having been misunderstood - it's a reflex reaction due to our past.

C'mon MercedesAMG - BLACK POW-AH your Black Editions already :lol: :shifty:

I wouldn't have apologized, if I were in their place. But it's typical German behavior to apologize for having been misunderstood - it's a reflex reaction due to our past.

Me neither, now they're stuck with a name that reminds me of the more awesome Mercedes biturbo and the horrible Maserati...

Last edited:
I bet the white power ranger got as much publicity at the local hairstyling salon (since that's exactly what internet forums have evolved from) when it came out.

I bet the white power ranger got as much publicity at the local hairstyling salon (since that's exactly what internet forums have evolved from) when it came out.

Whats worse is that the Black power ranger was played by a black actor and yellow power ranger by an asian actress, how blatant could they be? :p