The who have Top Gear insulted this week thread

LindenChase

My money this week is on Scottish restaurant owners. Maybe the Ramsey himself? Let's give it a day or so. :p

*checks Google News Alert service*

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
As crass and critical as Ramsay is about Scottish restaurants (he had one that failed), I'll bet he's the first one supporting Top Gear.

nate_bartlet

actually i reckon its going to be the Grinder app on the phones. During the SIARPC segment and they were using it to find the nearest person using Grinder and Clarkson offering to drive them both there in his Merc. Although it was funny, i know that some liberal tree hugging PETA loving hippy somewhere out there is going to take offense at that.
also Clarkson said something about being able to drive trucks and said the "murdering prostitutes" gag again which is only going to wind up other various truck driving psychopaths.

Ladamaha

actually i reckon its going to be the Grinder app on the phones. During the SIARPC segment and they were using it to find the nearest person using Grinder and Clarkson offering to drive them both there in his Merc. Although it was funny, i know that some liberal tree hugging PETA loving hippy somewhere out there is going to take offense at that.

Oh, I thought Jezza wanted to you know...grind with that guy. I don't know who would anyone get offended by that, I mean Fry has been in the television for ages and he is gay, and a really cool guy. What's wrong with homosexuals? Or Mercs?

:|

matskulainen

I will be amazingly surprised if we won't hear from eco-mentalists about ruining the grass during the camping segment in 13x02 challenge :p

LindenChase

actually i reckon its going to be the Grinder app on the phones. .

The people behind Grinder themselves are not going to complain. They mentioned on Twitter that they had well over 6000 downloads in the houres after TopGear had finished. :p

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
The people behind Grinder themselves are not going to complain. They mentioned on Twitter that they had well over 6000 downloads in the houres after TopGear had finished. :p

So on the basis of last week's audience figures as provided by upyourego, at least 0.08333% of the TG viewing audience in the UK are male homosexuals, whether they be out or merely latent/curious.

And as far as we can tell none of them has complained about the alleged homophobic humour in the show.

swraman

So on the basis of last week's audience figures as provided by upyourego, at least 0.08333% of the TG viewing audience in the UK are male homosexuals, whether they be out or merely latent/curious.

And as far as we can tell none of them has complained about the alleged homophobic humour in the show.

thats cause clarkson is clearly not anti-homosexual, he doesnt hate them.

moneymouth77

No, he's taking the mick... which came through on on the episode when he was having a laugh with Fry about it!

LindenChase

Reactions: MWF

LindenChase

The Guardian have picked it up.

Come on, Daily Fail, don't dissapoint us! :p

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird

Thats because they are all complaining about Bruno! (really)

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Both, presumably.

I laughed hard at the 'I want to be a news-reader' woman on the Myfinances website's attempt at a serious report on 'getting a sex change'.

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
well the solution is simple really... insurance companies shouldnt charge so bloody much to insure a cheap car for many times its worth!

The problem is that in the UK we are gradually developing a similar ambulance chasing. sue everyone for everything culture that, sadly, has (so I understand) existed in the US for some time. Young men who have recently passed their driving tests are loaded so highly on their premiums not because of what their cars are worth (remember most of them only for for Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance anyway due to the low value of their motors) but because of the high likelihood of their being involved in a collision with one or more other vehicles resulting in large claims not only for damage but personal injury.

Sorry to be so matter of fact about it but that's just simple economics.