The World According to Clarkson

JoeBlo1

I'm thinking about picking up this book from amazon.co.uk, although there's two versions available. One is hardcover and the other is softcover, and both have slightly different front covers. Are they both the same in content? Any differences?

BTW I picked up Motorworld and Clarkson on Cars but they happened to be the dated 1996 versions so I'm returning them. If you're thinking about getting Clarkson's books, just make sure you pay attention to the dates when they were made.

Yeah.

Hi!

I've got "Planet Dagenham", "I know you got soul" and "The World According to.."

Planet Dagenham is definitely the best of these three, but "I know you got soul" is also very good.

The World according to Clarkson is just a collection of his Sunday Times articles but also quite funny to read

I'd love to read a clarkson book that isn't a bunch of articles slapped together randomly. Is there something like that out there ?

Re: The World According to Clarkson

JoeBlo1 said:
I'm thinking about picking up this book from amazon.co.uk, although there's two versions available. One is hardcover and the other is softcover, and both have slightly different front covers. Are they both the same in content? Any differences?

So....back on topic :)

I don't think there is a difference. It's not unusual for hard/soft covers to have a different cover design.

The Professionals?! Wasn't that a Mel Brooks?

LOL, you?re thinking of "The Producers", still one of my favourite movies. :lol:

"I know you got soul" is also very good

I thought it was good, but a bit annoying if you read a lot of his work and watch all of his programs as a large percentage of it was recycled comments and jokes that he has made on Top Gear, in interviews or on other programs.

Still a lot of fun to read and very interesting if you are into that kind of thing.

I believe it's the same book in hardback and paperback. I'm 2/3 of the way through reading it now. It's a collection of his articles from The Sunday Times.

Anyway, save yourself some cash and get the paperback.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany... do de do do..

Paperback. Made great airplane reading on the transatlantic flight.

NTM

Paperback was released later than hardcover. Maybe newer articles were included this time around?

I just ordered Clarkson on Cars and Motorworld from amazon.co.uk to make sure I get the right ones from the UK.