The World Cup Brazil 2014

Naturally, people are speculating that the Germans and Americans will fix the game to a draw in order for both of them to advance. Klinsmann has dismissed this of course. I certainly think (and hope) that both teams play to win. If there is a draw, I'm sure conspiracy theorists would inevitably believe it was pre-arranged.[...]

I don?t believe in the "pre-fixed" thing with these two teams, but it is a problem when both teams really have no (or very little) Incentive to risk something, to go the extra mile ...

I heard that Ronaldo is now refusing to clear up his hotel room... to be called messi...

Last edited:
I wouldn't say diving, but a kinda exaggerating the fouls a bit in the first half of Chile/Netherlands

Has anyone figured out what Fred is supposed to be doing?

He is supposed to score goals, but...

Good result from Mexico, the game got a little chippy towards the end there.

Has anyone figured out what Fred is supposed to be doing?

Good question. :think:

He is supposed to score goals, but...

.. ah, righto, to score goals . Good!

He finally scored one...

Which looked offfside to me, but apparently it wasn't offside. :?

Anyway, a good win by Brasil amd they win the Group. Congrats. :cool:

Good technical performance & win by the Netherlands, impressive setup by Coach LvG as well. :cool:

Good technical performance & win by the Netherlands, impressive setup by Coach LvG as well. :cool:

Chile pressed them quite far back in the beginning of the game throughout the 1st half. After half time they had more possession of the ball. :)

Chile pressed them quite far back in the beginning of the game throughout the 1st half. After half time they had more possession of the ball. :)

Oh yeah, absolutely. I think that's what LvG expected.

Chile had 70% possesion and lost 2-0. Caught out by set-pieces and break-away goals.
If you want an example of how not to set up, see Croatia vs. Mexico, or probably England vs Costa Rica on Tuesday. :lol:

I don?t believe in the "pre-fixed" thing with these two teams, but it is a problem when both teams really have no (or very little) Incentive to risk something, to go the extra mile ...

I don't see how this is a problem. Germany and the US put them self in this position. I agree, neither team has any incentive what so ever to play an attacking style of football, but if a ball falls the right way in a corner or set piece, expect either side to put a dagger in the heart. I'm on pins and needles about this one. Never before has "80% chance to qualify" sound so awful... and the reward for qualifying is to play Belgium all the same...

Pretty boring first half. Mostly the Italians rolling around on the grass

Wow the refs in this cup. I bet the mexican ref goes around handing out red cards to people sneezing in the library.

Odd match, Italy gets red carded for nothing and Suarez goes around biting people in the penalty box. Apparently eating the competition is allowed.